Watch
51 - 56
DISPLAYED
The Eagleland has Landed

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Well, I'd like to check their employees, and see if there are any criminal activitees are going on. I want to know what their motives are, what they do, etc. And about the location... ' Jessica takes a moment to look at the note Matt had left for her, she reads it and sticks her thumbs up to Matt, then she continues '... I believe I have an idea where they are, not pretty far away. I can take a look with my team tomorrow. We've done the investigation, and know what's going on, so that's an advantage we have.' And your guys don't have...
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

"Wait, nearby? You mean like they're in the state?" Jiminez says. His tone is an odd mix of confused yet excited. "Well, then we definitely need to be taking a deeper look in to this. Tell you what," he says, then pauses.

If Park feels at all sympathetic or awkward for the comment she made about parents, she doesn't show it. Instead she holds something over the partition towards Matt. It's a sheaf of papers; it looks to be two copies of a single report. "This just came in from GeoSci DC. It's probably nothing important, so naturally you and Warren need to know all about it."

The first line of the top paper reads: "Possible California Superstorm Coming?"

"Tell you what," Jiminez starts again, sounding a bit more confident this time. "Type me up a report of your findings and get it on my desk by the end of day. I'll get you authorization for some field work tomorrow, you can do some surveillance on the site, and meanwhile I'll look in to what we need to move further. How's that sound?"

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Jessica simply waits, letting Jiminez think. When he ask her the question she answers enthusiastic: 'That sounds as a good idea, I'll bring you a report this afternoon. Then I'll inform the team, so we can prepare ourselves.'

There wasn't a lot to say. So she kept her answer short, time for work!

The report outlines the event of what scientists have dubbed, 'ARkStorm'. A massive supercell of atmosperic pressure that occurs once every century or so. Scientist believe that the last time this storm struck was from December 1861, to January 1862 when about 300 miles of the Central Valley received more than a month of rain. The flooding was so bad that then governor-elect Leland Stanford had to take a rowboat to get to his inauguration. The Superstorm is believed to occur once every 100 to 200 years, leaving California only 50 years until the 200-year mark.
    "That's very interesting but at least we have 50 years to storm proof Sacramento. "

"Maybe, maybe not. When it does happen, though, it looks like our department's the one in charge of making sure it isn't FUBARed from the start," Park says, glancing over at Warren as she's finishing her phone call. "So take it seriously. Because if the state is not prepared, we're the ones who are going to take the public's potshots--even if they have to dig us up or drag our bodies from the ocean to do it.

"Make sure Warren gets her copy,"
    she adds before pushing from the cubicle wall and heading away.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Ok, I'm going to type a report of what we've found, and bring it to SAC Jiminez. Then, we can prepare ourselves to bring a visit to Eagleland Security!' Jessica seated her self behind her desk, and put her computer on.

With a smile she said into the open air: 'We'll see how secure this security organisation is.' Jessica seemed completely oblivious to the paper, and hadn't really noticed that Park had said her name. She was captured by the job she got from Jiminez.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6