Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Put on ICE

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Vince sits down at his desk and pulls some folders from the ICE collection.
    There was no use complaining. Vince was being paid to sit around getting paper cuts, He decided to enjoy the ditraction and get to work.

And soon he is rewarded.

Within one hour :D

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Jessica sighs deep. Could she do this? Yes! She could do this. Where de optimism came from, was a mystery. But she started with work.
    It was so boring that she was afraid that this just wasn't something for her to do. But soon after that moment she finds something.

Investigation

Maybe this wasn't all that bad. Jessica looks to Vince. He seemed to be happy as well.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

P
    Possible Autism

Ben parked the rental Chevrolet Cobalt into the best space he could find. He got out, looked at the offices of DHS Geosciences and sighed. Not for the first time, he told himself that he should have stayed with the DEA even though he knew he couldn't have. He couldn't go on watching families get ruined and torn apart by drugs, especially after the shooting.

He realized he was still standing next to the car. Whatever this job could offer him was all he could get, and there was no sense in standing around. He walked in.

Ben Donnelly is shown to the Geological Sciences Division offices by a young black man named Keith, but only after Keith takes his photo in a white room ("for your ID badge") and is given a folder with some paperwork in it ("just the usual stuff, clearances, tax docs. Give it a look when you can and get it to Reception by the end of the week, they'll know what to do"). "I'll bring your badge by once it's done," Keith says, leaving Ben to fend for himself.

GSD at the moment seems to be comprised of a man and a woman, sitting at desks, each with a large box in front of them. They seem to be busy going through the files contained inside.

It's taken Jennifer and Vince the better part of an hour just to start making sense of the conventions of Albanian naming: there seems to be clear influences from Russo-Baltic and Germanic sources, but there are also names that appear to be from Muslim traditions, and sometimes it just looks like the alphabet was involved in a high-speed car crash with a van-load of punctuation. Getting any sort of organization created is going to be a bear, and that's the bulk of their work to start with.

Investigation rolls

another Hour, another 2sux

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Jessica continued working.... this time looking at the databases.

Fail

Ok, this obviously doesn't work for me... A bit sad she takes some more coffee. The otherwise oh-so-happy Jessica now doesn't notice the new guy.

Mumbling about the things she went through today, she goes back to work.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

P
    Possible Autism

The woman looks like she's in a bad mood, so Ben heads over to the man. "Hi there. Ben Donnelly." He offers his hand. "Sorry to interrupt; it's my first day here and I'm kind of adrift. I don't even know what desk I'm going to be sitting at."

From behind Donnelly, a voice rings out before his introduction can be returned. "Please tell me they didn't assign us another rookie." The voice is laden with exasperation and comes from a slender agent across the bullpen; she's leaning on a cubicle, her jacket open to reveal her pistol and badge.

"What'd you say your name was, again? Donnelly?"

Matt Lucas walks into the lobby of the Department of Homeland security. He looks around for someone to help him. This is his first day at his first assignment, he feels he's ready to begin this new chapter in his life.

He doesn't notice anything at first just the decor of the lobby.

Matt, walks the lobby looking for a resceptionist.

The lobby receptionist is all too glad to see Agent Lucas; but then, she's paid to be glad to see people. She has him wait in the lobby until a young black man named Keith comes to collect the Agent. They head into a side conference room where Keith takes Lucas' picture for the ID badge, and Lucas is given a packet of paperwork. "Just get it done within a week," Keith says, "And get it to Reception, they'll know what to do with it all."

After a side trip to the armory to get a sidearm issued, Keith directs the new agent to the GeoSciences Division offices. "I'll be back up in a bit with your ID card," he says, giving Lucas a temp pass for the interim.

Matt Lucas finds GSD without too much trouble--just a few wrong turns here and there--and enters to find an office with about dozen cubicles, most of them empty. Two are currently occupied, however, and there are also a couple of people standing around. As the door opens, the closest one turns to Lucas and cocks her head. "What, another one? Did we hit some budget surplus somewhere? Find some magic rookie-making machine?" Standing on her tiptoes, she looks across the room at an attached office on the far wall. "I'm not baby-sitting anyone, sir, just so you know!" she calls out.

Welcome to work.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last