Jul 4, 2014 - Jul 7, 2014
(SBS) Leo v Redfill
Jul 9, 2014 - Jul 16, 2014
(SBS) Side Bets with Swilla
Jul 6, 2014 - Jul 17, 2014
(SBS) Dillon v Redfill
Jul 17, 2014 - Jul 28, 2014
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Fresh Cotes is tucked away in a neighborhood that is, metaphysically speaking, far from the Downtown Core and its gleaming towers and interchangeable politicians. Instead the streets are packed with small businesses of all stripes--nail salons and corner markets and places like "'Dave's' Burgers & Teriyaki." And, of course, the friendly neighborhood garage: Fresh Cotes.

Daryl Cotes has done pretty well for himself, and it shows--the squat, one-level building has had some additions over the years and has expanded to hold eight vehicle bays, each with a hydraulic lift. The office is now its own little shack near the street, where once it was just a desk crammed five feet from where someone might be rotating tires or airbrushing a van.

The first thing someone sees when turning in off the street is a four-yard-wide sign sticking up near the office: an airbrushed rendition of the Last Supper, the Black Jesus looking suspiciously like Tupac. It was as much an ad as it was a political statement; sitting next to the customer parking, it was a reminder of the garage's specialty as well as a show of talent. Dizzy doesn't have to spare it a glance however; he's like family, and that gets him access to the lot in the rear.

Dizzy pulled in on the Ducati, and smiled the moment he saw Daryl's garage bringing with it a flood of memories, some fun, others........even better.

Killing the engine of the bike, Dizzy hopped off, and waited for his colleagues to join him. While waiting, he gazed over the Last Supper. It was certainly one of his cousin's most interesting ideas and Dizzy could remember one drunken night chatting shit together while listening to some truly old school music.

A grin.

He looked round to Cole-Train and MoFo. "You're gonna love Daryl," he said before striding into the garage, looking for the owner. "Yo! Where's my dawg at?"

Dizzy's dawg is at the far end of the garage, standing next to one of his mechanics. They're looking at the underside of someone's hoopty, the vehicle the sort of electric purple one sees on Prince album covers and cans of energy drinks. At Dizzy's shout he looks up with a big grin, waves, and finishes with his mechanic with a pat on the back before approaching the trio. "Dizzy! My man, what is up, cuz?"

Kharn

Colin follows Dizzy keeping silent for the time being. It wasn't that he felt out of place, he as just in a new place, gauging the area. So far everything seemed cool, and that as good with Colin, but if things went awry, he wanted to be ready to pop off. "Sup?" He says, giving a head nod to Fresh, but otherwise saying/doing nothing but standing with his arms crossed.

"Hey Daryl," Dizzy says, clasping the man's hand before giving him the manly shoudler bump.

Hoo-rah! would be very appropriate.

"Long time, cuz. Sorry for not dropping by sooner." He glances round to his fellow Wallis employees. "This is Monica and Colin, work buddies."

"Hey, 'sup?" Daryl says, giving Colin a respectful nod while Monica gets an appraising look. "Good ta meetcha both. Hope my boy here is behaving himself," he says with a wide grin. A tip of his head at Dizzy makes his short dreds bounce gently. "So what brings y'all round here? I'm guessing you didn't bring your work buds in for paint work..."

"Hey, yourself."

Monica notices the appraisal and subtly moves to take advantage of the poor lighting in the garage. Her head tilts just slightly to one side as her shoulders roll back and her left hip juts out just a bit. Then, she arches one eyebrow and gives Daryl a smile... you know the one.

"Actually," Dizzy starts, glad Daryl brought up the subject, "I need a vehicle, and one that is quite special. You're gonna love it, cuz." He pauses for dramatic effect. "I need a security van."

Daryl lets out a low whistle at the request. Then, just to show how serious it is, he shakes his head and clucks his tongue twice. "A security van? Boy, you think I have those just layin' around?" he asks, looking around the garage as though expecting Five-0 to materialize. "Man, I didn't know that was the kind of 'work' you were back in to. I thought I heard you'd gone straight, Diz."

The tone isn't chiding, and the headshakes aren't of the "the hell is wrong with you, boy?" variety. Daryl's quiet for a second, letting the problem rattle around in his head. Slowly he puts one arm around Dizzy's shoulders.

"I might know a guy," he says. "He's got sway, maybe he can snag this for you if you make it worth his while. How soon you need it by?"

"Yeah, I thought you'd say that," Dizzy says with a light chuckle. It had been a long shot but if anyone knew how to get their hands on a set of wheels, any wheels, it would be Daryl. When he mentions about going straight, Dizzy just shrugs and brushes imaginary dirt from his shoulders, shoulders that are next being held by Daryl's arm. He listens to the thought and glances towards Colin and Monica.

"Yesterday, cuz. How safe is this guy?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last