Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
WoW Ate my computer

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

As you bumble through your mind as to where you may know this guy from, You see a flyer that has been partially covered by the club Zebra poster. It has obviously been there awhile. It is sun bleached and has seen much rain.

Looking closer it seems there is very old and just recently exposed ad, possibly by the Mr. Party clearing off a spot for his poster. Its an advertisement for the Central City Mall.

What hits you in a dramatic flash back, is that is the name of the mall in your dream.

You pause and try to make sense out of dream memories and merge them with reality. Nothing clicks. Nor have you heard of Central City Mall ever before.

The ad was pushing family fun and that the mall had A/C. Nothing else of note has survived the weather and effects of time on the ad.

Vince goes on a haunch and enters the address of the Mall in his phone. If the mall exists then it will show up on google.

He is really to interested in the mall itself. but and he put little stock in dreams. So he was acting silly. He hits enter on the search anyway.
    Vince gathers grandma's mail and the Club Zebra flier and heads toward his old car. He crawls in, cursing again at the bright sun and sticks his key in the ignition. He glances down at his phone to see if trusty omniscient Google found anything.

Intresting. The mall's adress isn't too far from the Computer shop. He descides to run by there on his way home. He revs his engine heads to a well known computer shop. Maybe they have a sale today.

Traffic was on par for a weekday. It occurs to Vince as he zooms in on google maps that he has the address but satellite view shows no mall there.

You pull up to Geeks, Boards, and More. It's rather small and seems like it would fit better in a cyberpunk world back alley than in a strip mall who's anchor tenant is a grocery store.

Lanna is there behind the counter, when the door chimes she looks over quickly. Seeing it was you she returns to playing her game and barely gets out a half hearted "Hey"

The store is a mess as always. Parts strewn about, boxes of various components seem to be sorted only by the thickness of the dust layer on them.

Vince begins browsing the mess with keen interest. "Good afternoon" He replies. He chooses several components for their relative speed and throws in the latest video card, wich requirse a stronger Motherboard as well. All told Vince is now dipping into his savings.

Vince gathers it up and brings it all to the counter. "Ever been to Club Zebra?" He asks casually.

After about 10 seconds Lanna pauses her game and turns to look at Vance.

"Cluuub Lion Food? No Dave and I try not mingle with the brainless, narcissistic, daddy bought me a new beemer crowd." she retorts as she rolls her eyes. Vince noticed she through Dave in there as protection against his perceived pick up line.

"Anyway we going to see Transformers tonight you in?"

The new board, power adapter, fans, graphics card, and pack of WoW trading cards comes to just under $700. Vince is excited about the graphic card upgrade.

He collects his new computer and turns to leave. But calls back over his shoulder "I need to reinsdtall everything,(or World of Warcraft...) I doubt I can make it." He heads for the door happy that he got a good deal on everything but worried that he might be stuck in the hole if Blizzard collects thier bill.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2