Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: Without restriction

0 0%
  • Yes: As suggested here

6 60.00%
  • No: Not at all

3 30.00%
  • No: If a better restriction system is suggested I'd consider it.

1 10.00%
31 - 33
DISPLAYED
Teaching Covenant Secrets

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I think I did more HI TYRIA Scenes than Park Wars Scenes... O.o
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

S
    Sandman

The coils are what makes it hard to make a Generalization about this for me. They work different and almost need a special set of rules however it's decided just by the nature of that discipline and the learning of coils.

As for Theban and Cruac. As I stated in the chat I think Level -1 is being generous and I'm more of a level -2 type of guy myself for being able to learn it at all. meaning people would never be able to get over 3 in the discipline.

And I also am one that thinks if the Players that do learn this stuff are stupid enough to go throwing them around without carefully weighing their options on them that there should be room for an NPC to step in and at least bring attention to the transgressions. I'm not talking about the guy who uses Theban 2 to save his own life in heated combat that might be against him but some of the more flippant uses I'm guessing we've all seen. Things like Rigor Mortis being used because somebody stared at them funny or didn't kiss their ass enough or whatever.

Because Lets Face it. While Teaching the discipline could realistically be said to be in a controlled and safe environment of some kind that under normal circumstances might not be noticed by anybody else. Usage is not. Specially usage of Theban and Cruac. Both Thematically take a lot of chanting to this powerful figure or that one and are rather noticable or involve some kind of holy stand in item for a relic or something. Even somebody not familiar with the discipline is going to know something funky and not right is going on. Any that have been around a while are going to know it's a covenant discipline likely.

In short. It's dangerous to teach. It's dangerous to learn. It should definitely be made dangerous to use as well.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

I like this idea. These things are the measurable benefits one gets for being a member of one of these Covenants, and all the fluff I've read says that these things are all not stuff they teach everyone that just joins up.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread