Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Halloween Party

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 20 of 22 First ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Last
    Player of the Month

Matt made his grand reentry into Avalon. Well if by grand you mean walked in, order a drink, downed the whole thing in one gulp, ordered a second before walking off without saying more than two words at time to the bartender, then it was certainly grand indeed. The call from Sarah had really shaken him up and he had decided that a long walk back home was the last thing he needed right now. He felt that the need to be around people, maybe even People, to help him get focused on things again.

He noticed that the dude Alison had been talking with had taken off and Matt decided to walk over to her. "Captain Kirk returns to save the day and/or night." He gives her a smile. The phone call is still fresh in his mind for it to be a real smile but it's almost there.

Oh men. How is it possible they function? "Joshua, don't apologize. I don't... I don't need an apology. Come on, this ain't about Peter Pan." She scoffs, and takes a deep grounding breath, glancing over at the bar and to her date, then back to Joshua. "You know Herb can take me home. Why are you offering me a ride?"

It's not a question, it's an accusation, a demand, and a dare from a woman who doesn't quite believe there's anything left Joshua can do to change her mind.

PRE

C'mon, I've faced Vector, I can do this... And there really was no difference. Existence is War, after all. Joshua does his best to steel himself and looks Ruby in the eyes.

"Because he may be able to take you to where you live, Ruby, but he can never know about your home. Because he will never walk the Paths, and he will never see the Truth, not the way you or I can. That doesn't mean he's not important, it doesn't mean he's worthless--but you know having him around but not being able to really share the biggest thing in your life is not fair to him, not fair to you, and dangerous for you both.

"I'm not going to declare love and devotion on a dance floor while we're wearing silly costumes. But I do care about you. I know I've made my fumbles and mistakes, but it's true, I do. What you care to think about that is up to you, whether you want it or not is up to you, but that's how I feel."

His eyes flick towards the bar, where he thinks maybe he sees a comically oversized mustache coming this way. "Leave with him," he says to Ruby. "It's only proper and right. I said what I came to say."

Maria saw the crowd dissipating and thought that perhaps fate had decided the time was near for her to make an exit. She finished the last of her drink, and set it upon the bar as she started slowly heading towards the door, almost gliding across the floor as she moved. She made it a point to have her exit route lead her past the dance floor, offering her goodbyes to those she had spoken to earlier.

"It was a pleasure to meet you. I can only hope to do it again soon."

She doesn't wait for a response, and in a swirl of red fringe and lace, she's gone from the club.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith tilts her head as she assimilates exactly what the armored man just said. A part of her goes 'Softie! Softie!' at him. She comes close, oh so close to opening her mouth and saying it exactly as she thinks it. In a way, it feels like Fate itself wants her to say it. But she thumbs her nose at it, like she does at everything else. It replied by making her stumble, an almost invisible motion in the dance.

"Easier to relate?", she chooses to say instead. "Man, if you don't want to do it, just f**k'em. They don't even know what the f**k they want." As Spartan seems to be getting more comfortable, more at ease, the Fairest lets him lead. A step here, a step there. She pulls him a fraction closer as another couple comes dangerously close to a collision, before she lets him step back a bit once they're clear. "Besides, you're plenty easy to relate to as a hunk of steel." Which she couldn't possibly have meant as some sort of oblique compliment. No siree.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne laughs as Vincent orders the drink. "I owe you one then." Silly boy She glances around briefly one more time.

"Ya it's been a fun night. Talked with some friends, people like my costume. I figured they would."
    She strikes the pose in the picture of her costume. "See?"

Vinny leans back to take in Ariadne, bringing his hands up to form a square, like a lens of a camera.

"Very nice indeed. Strange thing is, people think this is a costume," he jokes, looking down at the burgundy suit before pointing at the lip-wig he had grown. "Although, I gotta say, this is quite dashing, right?"

S
    Steven

Spartan looked down at the Fairest as he did his mask softened and his armored form showed through, for all the lost to see. The gray skinned lost looked down at the Punk loving Fairest, his Red Eyes glowing as he does. "Thank you for your understanding." Spartan says.

"If I may ask, which would do you prefer, the hunk of steel or the steel made flesh?"

The bouffant is starting to unravel, and perspiration besieges the borders of her facepaint. If fairytale romance was Mango/Strawberry sorbet, Joshua and Ruby stand knee-deep in flavorless yogurt.

But you know, yogurt's an unsung hero. Under-appreciated, underestimated. Maybe it eschews with the glitz and the glamour, but it's got the calcium of a fistful of limestone and the calories of Kate Moss.

Besides, what did she really expect? A boombox confessional? This is Joshua we're talking about here. Lord, he probably pulled a muscle talking so much. Oh Ruby, my Ruby, you're out of your mind aren't you?

"Okay."

Ruby takes a long moment, maybe this wasn't the way she hoped it would be. But that's what it is. It's okay. It's good. No, it's better than good.

She simmers into a smile and a blush that doesn't quite pierce the Queen's rouge.

"Listen. I'm going to have to talk to Dr. Ignasiak, you know. Clear up some things."

... she scuffs her gloves at a wayward fringe until it falls back into place, then meets Joshua's eyes again.

"You look so funny in that costume. I really like it," she laughs, shining with Andromeda in her eyes. Not long though, not long, because Herbert's touch on her arm steals it away, and she's back on Terra Firma. "Oh there you are Herbert... I know, I was wonderin' where you were... sure, I've got everythin'... you mind if I just say goodbye?"

Of course, Herbert says, looking at Joshua. Oh goddammit, Herbert thinks, looking at Joshua.

"Good evenin' Mister Morris." You'd better call me.

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Striking Looks•• (Alluring)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Matt returned he found Alison seated at the bar with a couple of glasses in front of her that had not been removed yet. She looked up and grinned at him.

"Welcome back. Vinny is busy working the room. I'm beginning to think these big parties are kind of dull. New Years was a little blah as well. Then again i was at the Lily and that was so not my scene. Maybe we just need to find something or someone interesting."

While she spoke another whiskey was delivered and she grabbed the glass moving it in a swirrling motion before taking a large gulp when she was done speaking. She found herself cursing her regeneration and wished it would be easier to actually get drunk.
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]Alison Yates | Rahu, Blood Talon
    Presence ••• (Confident) | Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Health 8/8 [][][][][][][][] | Willpower 6/6

Page 20 of 22 First ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Last
Closed Thread