Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Responsibilities

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash didn't know what to think anymore. Apathy turned to frustration which turned to self-loathing and then back to apathy after a few beers. All he needed was a good punch up to finish every night off, and now Animus is trying to give him responsibilities again? Fuck that. This is where he belonged, under the hood of a car, tinkering and making things work. Keeping out of the way of the big players and doing his part (whatever that is)

Always the soldier, never the captain.

The wrench went tight as Ash peered at the engine block, standing outside the Circle of Creation. He was going to need some serious money to upgrade this heap of crap. That, and a lot of good 'ol luck.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Why do you bother?" West asked, walking up to Ash and the car.

Of course he was talking about the car; after all, he didn't own one.

[banner]west[/banner]
    Nimbus

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash glances up from under the hood, absently wiping his hands on a dirty rag. He shrugs. "Why not? Keeps me sane, I 'spose."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Is sanity an issue?" West asked. One might think the question were a joke, but he was completely serious.

More importantly, such things --even concerns of such things-- could have a major impact in the Dreamtime. West moved slightly to the side, where he could see the car, and watch Ash's features and body language.
    Nimbus

Darren Nash

PRE

The wrench slips slightly and Ash curses, a blood-blister forming on one of his thumbs. He then slouches as he considers his next words, very carefully.

"What do you want, West, 'cos I'm all out of caring anymore."

Maybe not that careful.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West had seen and heard that before. In the Army, from men who'd forgotten why they fought, or just forgotten how to fight.

"You find what you came to Sac looking for? Or just tired of looking?"
    he asked, curious if this were about something else. If Ash were 'fixable'.

Kai hadn't been... at least, not here.
    Nimbus

"Mate, I'll never find what I'm looking for will I? I made that choice at Kruegans. What I didn't choose was to slowly go stark raving mad because of this fucking power that some distant fucking tower felt would be just dandy to lay on my shoulders." He spins the wrench in his hand, looking back to the engine. "I am nothing, and I don't want this anymore," he whispers, almost as if begging to wake up from a dream. What he says next he does so as he looks directly at West, a smirk touching his lips, voice dripping with self-loathing. "I put my gun to my temple the other day but couldn't pull the trigger. Go figure."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West simply nodded. There were many things he would change if he could, and understood the burden. While he knew many Arrows who would find such an attitude contemptible, they forgot that Word and Soul Must Agree. They fought to give others a chance to forge their ways.

"I can't let that attitude endanger others,"
    he finally said. The words could be taken as condemnation, or rejection, but they were much closer to agreement and permission than the other.

"Are you leaving Sacramento?"
    Nimbus

Darren Nash

PRE

"Yes, its for the best," Ash replied honestly. It was the clearest decision he'd made for a while, and one that seemed most sensible.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

If he were surprised the other man didn't offer a destination, he didn't let it show. Then again, he wasn't surprised.

"I'm... sorry I threatened you, before,"
    he said awkwardly, referring to Orphan's test. Seemed like the best time for the apology, as he might not see the man again. A Hallmark moment, for sure.

Then again, maybe Ash was mad he hadn't shot him.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread