Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Can't Read My Poker Face

Page 5 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last

"Agreed. More fun, and a longer game." Yui gives another furtive glance toward the assembled coolers and snacks. How was it he did not think to bring anything. Whip-crack, and Yui was again focused on Andrew and Al. "Yui, sir." He greets the Heirarch personally without rising his voice for all to hear. He wears a lazy, uncertain expresion. No fake tonight. Yui promised he would play a game of deception without a single lie. That was what Fate had offered as a means to great reward.

Yui begins to move for the table, taking a seat near Cheif. Yui considered his own name to be unusual. Cheif was either a cruel parental joke, or a bad nickname. Once seated, Yui turns to watch Terri. "I'll take some. Thanks for the offer." Yui wonders if she heard him. Perhaps with the commotion his request could be lost and trampled.

The gentleman she has spoken with, Jimmy, seemed tense. Cheif had not considered this many showing up. The Scottish man, Collin, was on edge. There was more to consider, but Yui began to lose track. So many people. How much would they hide tonight?
    Al-Adin would not be very good at this game, Yui wondered if Al even knew how to play.

Frank nods affirmatively to the offer of a beer. He might look like a cop, walk like a cop, smell like a cop, but he needn't be a stuffy one. That would be counterproductive to what the kids call 'networking,' but which they used to just call gettin' to know people. He doesn't smoke cigarettes, but what Poker Night would be complete without a cigar? His are rather cheap, but he enjoys them just the same, and offers one to Digger. "Help yourself to some hoagie, Digger. Who are the 'Sons of Luna'? One of the gangs that run around Club Raven?" he asks amiably after searching his impressive mental databank on local crime and coming up empty.

Once this 'Chief' character, a name which, along with 'Digger,' has AKA written all over it, and no doubt rap sheets that would make that Daddy Puff character jealous, makes the introductions and asks how they should play, he shrugs. With this many people, two tables seemed more appropriate, but one big game would work better for his purposes, anyway, so he shrugs. "Either way is fine with me," he says, taking a seat.

R
    Ryan Deshane

Digger takes a seat next to the Old Dog, "The Sons was a Motorcycle Club I road with outta Portland." Digger explains his tone uncontrollably more serious when he talks about the SoL. "Thanks," Digger says as he cuts himself a piece of the giant sandwich.

"I am down with whatever man,"
    Saying in response to the question about the tables. "Just hear to play some cards and have some fun." Digger takes another snort off the bottle of JD and cracks an old mill.

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

Sigh

Luna's tits and toenails, Digger, the jacket will ruin everything forever. Christian wonders if it will have to go "missing", or if he can talk sense into the man.

Meanwhile he holds out a seat for Martha, and sits down next to her. "So, you ever do poker night before?" He asks her, to all appearances, genuinely curious. He always thought it was a single gender thing, girls-night out, guys night in, that kind of thing.

He ignored the cigarette smoke as best he could. He never understood why people would be willing to smell them all the time before he got the super smelling powers, let alone now. He didn't want to be 'that guy' though.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West refrained from smiling at the reaction to the smoking, slightly disgusted with himself as he lit a cigarette, closing one eye as he did so -- an old habit; a life-saving one, in the right circumstances.

Snap, snap.

The zippo lid flicked open, the second snap driving the spark wheel.

It took practice.

He inhaled.

West wasn't disgusted with himself for smoking. It was because even now, he couldn't seem to relax. To let go. He could play all night without smoking, or even particularly wanting one. The simple truth was that it would bother some people, and throw them off their game. It was tactical.

He exhaled, consecrating the table with a grey cloud.
    Nimbus

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha accepts the seat offered by Chris, accepting with a very happy smile... "Thank you, sir!" she enthuses, and blinks at the smoke that is already beginning to pool in the air. Martha listens to the chatter as she sits and thinks about her reply to Chris. Clearly welcoming the chance to sit, her stiff leg takes time to bend at the knee as she sits. Martha replies, wide eyed, almost playfully; "Oh...poker? Well, I daresay, any reply I offer will possibly provide you with an advantage over me...so...would it be wiser to remain silent about my previous experience of poker? I suspect you are very skilled, however...you all look very formidable! I shall certainly have to have my wits about me!" she is clearly respectful in her assessment.

Resting her cup of Coke Cola near her, she watched Chris's reaction to her reply and activity before carefully studying the table to check for any behaviours she should emulate to better comply with local etiquette.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

Chris sips his drink while Martha talks to him, listening attentively.

"I've never played the game before actually, just Solitare and Go Fish. It will be interesting to see how I do, I think." He looks around, wondering when they'd deal. "Good luck to us both then."

Player of the Month

I wonder who the hell embraced Mary Poppins over here, she certainly is cheerful, a right ray of English sunshine. Two things worth hating.

"So Chief, are we waiting on anyone else?" Thomas sits back in his chair and adjusts his leather jacket making sure that it sits comfortably on his shoulders. The Mekhet remembers poker games from nights long past, both mortal and ..... undead..... and remembers that hours at a single table can take their toll if one is not prepared for it. Well it was a good thing he no longer had to urinate, holding that while trying to slow play trip kings could be hell.

Kharn

Colin takes a long drag from his cigarette and seems to slouch in his seat, letting himself relax finally once he thought they were safely secured. Everyone seemed cool so far and Colin couldn't hide a small smile on his face as he takes another drag. "I say we go ahead and get down with the gettin' down lads," He says, and then tips his head to the ladies present as if remembering. "and lasses ofcourse." He says, smiling.
    Erik "Kharn" Lake
    Cahalith Iron Master
    Presence 3(Intimidating), Striking Looks 2(Beard and Tattoos)
    Glory 2, Cunning 1

Frank nods, chuckling at the use of the word 'club' instead of 'gang.' Like he thought maybe they got together to play Bridge when they weren't out riding. He doubted this guy Digger was riding with a new gang, or else he'd have switched jackets. "Opening a chapter down here?" he asks interestedly. Out of the corner of his ear, he hears one of the players claim they never played poker before. It was all he could do not to blurt out in laughter at this old con. Instead he turns and offers Christian his best 'confused ol' fuddy duddy' smile, then looks about the table. An odd bunch, to be sure. Some of them seemed to know each other already, but it was clear that wasn't the case with everyone. So who's in charge of keeping everyone honest? he couldn't help but wonder.

Page 5 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
Closed Thread