Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Can't Read My Poker Face

Page 2 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha has followed the rough, tough looking men...she was there in the hostel lobby...having a very unproductive chat with the hostel manager when she saw them...one by one, the Men...there they go...all strolling along. Their maximum confidence in themselves was obvious. They were all on a mission of some kind! Each seemed to be taking something with them too. What was it? A strange religious cult meeting? The plotting of a criminal exploit? Curious at the event, Martha excused herself from the manager...which was all too easy as he had soon grown weary of her pleading debate...and she hobbled off to see what was going on. And there was the answer! The flyer poster explained a great deal..."Poker Night".

Watching from concealment for a short while, Martha decided it was worth a go...nothing ventured...nothing gained, she mused to herself. A brief, and confusing, visit to the nearest liquor store supplied her with a couple of six packs of "Bud" beer...she had seen one of the gentlemen carrying an identical pack earlier...clearly this was the thing to take to show willing!

Holding her new pack of booze as nonchalantly as she dare, she limped hard over to the room where the tough looking men had gone. Taking a moment to adjust her hat and raincoat and make sure her skirt was free of dirt, Martha ensured her broad silken sash, tied under her chin, was neat too. Knocking gently on the door to the hall where they are all setting up and meeting each other, the small lady offers a meek curtsey and innocently friendly smile. "Good evening!" she chirps in a very English accent. "I wondered if I may join you gentlemen?" she meekly shows the bag of beer, holding it forward as if it might be some form of credential to acceptance and dipped another curstey. Appearing, perhaps, out of place here: very modest in her 'not quite matching' attire - an ankle length cream skirt; a battered beige raincoat; light cream blouse; a broad brimmed floppy cream sun hat and shiny boots peeking from under her skirt, Martha leans on her walking cane as she offers the bag. She looks about, trying to assess reactions and intentions of those present...her friendly smile falters a moment as she tries to deduce who and what may be here: it all seemed a good idea at the time.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus watches as people enter, mildly surprised to recognize a few of the faces. The one dancer from Glissade whose antics had shaken off his depression, Donnie's fan from the St. Patrick's Day party. I doubt he took that news well.

Finally, he walks over to the group forming around Al-Adin. Maybe he'll help balance out the reminders. He gives a nod of greeting to each person, although his gaze slides away from West just a bit too quickly. "I'm Andrew."

Player of the Month

Thomas entered the building and walked towards the stairs that would lead to the assorted collection of card sharks and what he hoped was a few simple games of poker. When he had found a spot where he was completely alone, he used some of his Vitae to effect a more lively complexion and continued to where the game would take place. As he neared the room the Mekhet felt his beast stir, a kindred whom he had never encountered before was nearby and the little bastard inside him wanted to pound the hell out of the other beast. Thomas closed his eyes for a second and forced his lungs to take in air and then expel it, to do something that a human would do and use the triggered memories of his past to keep the devil down in it's hole.

Seeing the open door he moves to the opening and looks at the gentlemen and single lady present in the room. "This where the poker game's going on?"

Note

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri rarely travelled to this part of town, especially now that she was opening up the boutique over near Mckinley Park, which had taken up most of her time. Arriving at the hotel known as Hostel HI and she wasn't impressed really. However, never one to judge a book by its cover, she entered carrying several bags of tortillas and dips along with a couple bottles of rose, just in case.

Didn't realise it was a guy's night, she thinks, spotting just one female amongst the testoterone. Putting on a smile, Terri bounces through the door.

"Hey all, I'm Terri. I'll just dump these somewhere," she says, giving Yui and Al a little wave as she passes towards the food table.

Wow, who would've thought the Beasts of Sacramento had gambling issues.

Terri
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Yeah... he's hosting," West replied as he came from the kitchen. There was a slight pause, then a dodge as he moved out of Terri's way and looked at the two women in semi-surprise.

Singles, looking for dates? Not a bad idea. Better than hanging out at a sports bar.

Hell, maybe even better than when I joined the Museum Society...

Or hustlers? Not a bad idea, either.

Either way... interesting. Maybe enough so that he could ignore the wounded pout that Animus kept giving him.

For fuck's sake, you'd think she was his girlfriend.

West slipped over to Chief's right and laid his hand on the chair, claiming it.

"I'm Jimmy,"
    he repeated, to the new arrivals.

Hi, my name is Jimmy and I'm conversationally challenged.
    Nimbus

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Hiya Andrew, I'm Al-Adin!" Al-Adin vigorously shakes animus's hand, the grin on his face friendly and close to bursting with laughter. The grip is painfully strong. Al-Adin seems to have no recollection of the man.
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Shuddering from the Presence of the other Kindred, tiny Martha looks about...trying to deduce the culprit...dragging her lame leg badly (but clearly trying not to) as Martha stiffens to resist urges to fight or flight...she is just shaking off the trembles as Terri bounces in. A shy smile to Terri and the Men in the room, Martha decides it would be wise to follow Terri's example and take the bag of beer she has brought along to the snack table. Alert for threat and trying hard to smile, Martha is slower to get to the table...and takes the opportunity to watch how Terri carries herself in this unusual company. "Goodness me...why, hello, Jimmy!" Martha gushed, all excited and pale: no doubt with nerves and latching onto the man's general greeting with glee. "I take it, Jimmy, that this isn't a regular group of players...everyone seems to be meeting for the first time! My name is Martha...and I am very pleased to meet you!" she enthuses again, taking time to lean hard on her cane as with her spare hand she deftly unties the blue satin sash that holds her hat fast under her chin. A nod to Al-Adin too as he makes his introductions to others.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Player of the Month

Thomas sees the other Kindred, a good looking woman with a cane who moves towards one of the seats with a limp. She introduces herself, with an English accent, as Martha, another vampire he's never met before. He wonders if she's another recent arrival or if she's established in the city. Putting those thoughts out of his mind he moves forward to claim one of the seats.

"Name's Thomas." He remarks, playing up his Boston Irish accent.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listens as best she can above the din of greetings and chatter as people get to know each other, leaning on her cane to get a closer listen to Thomas' words. Gripping her cane tighter, she smiles a happy greeting...her struggle with her Beast maybe incomplete, but good manners are good manners! "Hello, Thomas: I am pleased to meet you!" she adds brightly...nodding gracefully as she takes off her wide brimmed hat. Standing, smiling merrily, by the seat she feels might be best until invited to be seated...she looks about to see if there are enough seats for the growing throng.

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

Christian puts his stuff together, there's red (sweet) and green (savory) tamales in the container, and Jones soda in the ice chest. Paper plates, plastic forks and fouth of july-themed paper napkins are there to keep everything all neat and tidy. There's something about a couple of people here, that he can't put his finger on. That Andrew, the guy Al was hugging when he walked in, and this Martha. He grabs a plate of munchies and a Creme Soda and puts it down by the seat she's standing next to. "Hey there Martha, I'm Chris, can I get you anything?" Chris' eyes flicker down to the leg with the limp.

Page 2 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread