Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
161 - 170
DISPLAYED
Can't Read My Poker Face

Page 17 of 18 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last

Terri laughed out loud while picking up her cards, taking a quick peek and laying them flat once again. She slides on enough chips to match the others. "Well," she begins, looking from West to Martha, "there was a dancing competition not long ago, and I, ah, roped in my partner who had to just sit there while I danced around him. Apparently, it left an impression." She smiles, as her laugh subsides a bit. It was a fun evening.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha chuckles along too! All wide eyed and innocent. "It all sounds like jolly fun! Were you victorious in the contest, miss?!" Martha asks, clearly sincerely interested in the outcome, all wide eyed...risks a happy sip of Coke from her beaker and a careful rub of her leg. "I would be surprised to hear you were defeated, miss....you seem most vivacious...a quality I would imagine to be of inestimable value to any dance contestant!"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West's brows furrowed and he looked curiously at the pretty girl who seemed to lack any sort of thought one moment and was giving a verbal SAT exam the next. He'd personally be hard pressed to cram vivacious and inestimable into a single sentence.

When the flop appeared, he quietly folded and leaned back with his beer.

After he and Ankh had danced, they'd been too engrossed in conversation for him to remember who won -- the only performances that had really stuck in his mind were Adin's, Terri's, and Jack Falley's.

And what a bizarre performance that was.
    Nimbus

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus once again calls, and smiles slightly at Al's antics. "That sounds like fun. Did you have a particular club in mind?"

Perhaps the Thyrsus is starting to warm up a bit.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

With the flop, Adin put in another raise, still mainting the smile he's been wearing all night. "I don't know. Is the empty Orchestra involved? They used to be so cool. Now...not so much. So I guess we go to Avalon? I like that one, I remember the name of it."
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Ouch, that one stung a bit...

"Actually, no, a friend of mine did," Terri replied to Martha. "But, it was just nice to have a go, much like tonight."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods, she clearly didn't mean any insult...and nods in eager agreement with Terri...perhaps not realising she might have upset Terri. "Yes! Yes, indeed!" she enthuses "The taking part is always fun! I would wish you well for future dance contests! It all sounds so very exciting, miss! Erm...Are there usually dance competitions on Halloween too, miss?" Martha asks Terri, slightly nervous now and is clearly scouting out what might be expected in the coming weeks. Martha sips at her Coke and watches the game a moment, her fellow players and then Terri too, smiles a lot, but is quiet suddenly...and seems keen not to interupt the tension of the higher betting, she looks sincerely apologetic to the more serious card players at the table.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus shakes his head. "Orchestra? No, I didn't hear anything about them. So Avalon it is, then." A flicker of sadness crosses his face. Avalon. Joshua, Armstrong, and I, a nascent Cabal sent to play diplomat to the vampires. And yet I hid in the background. So much has changed, but ... He glances around the table at the various people, many in conversation. I'm still hiding.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West consistently bet poorly, and slightly over the average, feeding his winnings back into the pot over the next few hands. He continued to drink, but laid off of the smoking; there was something about Martha's joie de vivre that made him feel... guilty about it.

When the scales balanced he glanced at his watch and pushed away from the table.

"Guys... girls... ummm, that is, ladies...,"
    he began, "It's been fun but I've gotta get to work in the morning. Hopefully I'll see you at the Halloween thing..."

Except, he didn't sound entirely hopeful; in fact, he sounded just like someone saying it just to be polite. Not that there was any disdain for any of the company there in his eyes, but simply the same discomfort he'd arrived with.
    Nimbus

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha stands carefully from her seat to bob a humble curtsy of farewell to West. Not in mockery, or as a prank, but in clear respect. She had long ago given up joining in the hands of the current game, but was very content to stay and join in the companionship she'd found here. Wide eyed and smiling, she nods to West. "Thank you, sir! I am looking forward to seeing you upon Halloween also!" she chirps, though she notes his...distance and discomfort. For a moment she ponders following him outside, but...stays and gathers her own things before thinking of heading away too: the game was a lot of fun, but it was late in the evening now.

Page 17 of 18 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last
Closed Thread