Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Sacramento Surveillance Society

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

PRE

Joshua sort of nods and shrugs at the same time. "However you want to play it. It'll be you guys doing the talking, after all. If ID is a problem, though, I can make badges if need be, or bribe money. But it's your call." They're approaching the hotel and he starts scanning the grounds.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"Go with that. I'll be your girl friend who is trying to help you cope but is really pissed at the bastard for hurting you." Cause acting vindictive or egotistical is sooooo hard for Ariadne.

She looks at Joshua. "You're our concerned guy friend who is trying to make sure we don't go over board getting her stuff back." Blue eyes shine with excitement, she smiles in anticipation.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The Bismarck is what you'd expect of a hotel of quality -- and something owned by the Ladder. There's a distinct air of place and purpose to everything, down to matching shoes on the crimson-vested porters and valets. More than one set of eyes rotates toward the attractive women, but nothing more. A Beefeater wannabe doorman stands at the main entrance, as well as bellhop.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

Joshua nods as he considers the idea. "Yeah, okay. I can roll with that," he says, glancing around. He checks the vibe of the place and catches that underlying sense of purpose, and reconfigures his. Concerned Guy Friend, right. He changes his pace, letting the women pull up ahead and be first inside as the doorman holds the door open for the group. He mutters a "thanks" to the guy and tries to look gruff, to be a prop for the ladies.

Does he expect much? Not really. This is just a convenient starting point. But the Banishers had been run out of their home before, so they needed some place to stay--and chances were, they weren't bunking down at the Northern California World Trade Center next to the Bridge.

L

Okay...worried girl just out of a relationship. Frantic, tense, flighty; hey, that last one wouldn't even be hard to pull off. And on a Banisher hunt all she really had to do to appear tense was...to stop hiding it. Funny how trying to hunt down those who'd kill you simply for being what you were could set your nerves on edge.

She took a moment to compose herself, to slip on the proper mask, to become her role. One, calming breath, before bustling her way across the lobby towards the front desk. Short hurried steps; numerous glances all about the room as though she was looking for someone, which she quite conveniently was. And once she was at the desk she made sure to approach a male hotel worker (supposing at least one of them is male). "Umm...hello?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Yes?" the young-ish male answered. His tag indicates he is C. Whittaker, Concierge Staff. He smiles pleasantly, and the vibe is all business.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

L

Triquetra shifts slightly, looking a bit ill at ease. She didn't see how a girl wandering from hotel to hotel looking for a recent ex could feel anything but unease. "Umm...hi, I'm trying to find my boyfriend...Imean ex-boyfriend. We uhh...broke up kinda recently and I think he might be staying with some friends of his that were visting." She blushes slightly (and adorably, of course), before developing a sudden interest with a particular spot on the counter in front of her. "So I was umm...wondering if you'd seen him here, maybe? He's a big guy, reeaalllly big, probably came in with four others?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

The calm smile had slid off of Ariadne's face replaced by something between a scowl and a frown. Her gait slowed but lengthened keeping pace a step behind Triquetra. Ariande looks over each person she sees as they get close to and enter the hotel. Both to keep track of people and give the impression she's looking for someone. The doormen gets a small smile before the scowlfrown comes back.

Ariadne's gaze flicks to the concierge and then around the room. She doesn't give him anything in way of a greeting.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"I'm sorry... Miss...? Are you a guest here? Surely you can appreciate that our guest's privacy is one of our priorities," Whittaker replies, trying to look understanding.

Why did he always get the dead beats?

L

Ahh...even in a non-answer there were answers to be found. Like now. If they weren't here he could have just said no, no customers' privacy to protect after all. Of course, a hunch was one thing. Actually confirming it was a lot trickier.

"I know I know, it's just...he's not returning my calls. And I really need to talk to him, there are a few things I haven't been able to find my grandmother's ring and a few other things since he moved out, I think he might have gotten him mixed with this stuff by accident..." Ahh yes, the cute naive girl with the possibly scummy ex-boyfriend. The cute naive girl looking oh so vulnerable as she shifted around nervously like that. Hopefully it would work.

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread