1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Lost & Found

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

There's a pounding on the motel room door, insistent.

"Open up Briggs! You're surrounded!" comes a hollow, harsh yell from outside.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

Tug looks up from SportsCenter with a start. How the hell had they found him? Shit, this was no good. He hadn't put on a face yet. He takes hold of his dragon knuckle to mitigate the chaotic Abyss, using the Wilds to infuse his skin with melanin to darken it black, burying his buzzcut underneath a smooth, bald head, and thinning himself about forty pounds. Once that's accomplished, if they haven't kicked the door down yet, he moves to protect himself in case it isn't the police at all. His initial effort to combine two spells into a quick cast fails, leaving only his Mage Sight intact. He tries to recast his Armor, with greater success. Last, he tries to Sense just how many are actually outside his door.

Rolls

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The door jamb splinters in crunching sound, followed by the door slamming into the adjacent wall. A blue capped figure wearing a blue nylon jacket like all the FBI and Police on TV do slices the pie neatly into the room.

"Get your damn ha... haa.. hahhaa...

...damn, and you ragged on my haircut?" Teegan asks, lowering her finger gun.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

Tug tried to hide his panic as the door was kicked open, as though he were just headin there to open it for the nice police officers and show them there were no superstars in this room, no sir, but you might want to try down the hall. But when he recognizes his fellow Arrow, laughing about something only she'd know about, he starts to laugh, too, relieved. "Damn, girl. You had me goin'. Kind of desperate, breaking into my bedroom, ain't it? That's okay, I'm into desperate chicks." The big...er...thin man laughs.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Desperate, right. I'm not here to play 'Natural Born Killers' with you," Teegan replies. Her tone's light, but there's a hint of disapproval, maybe disappointment, in her eyes.

"The Crucible sent me for you. To see if you're ready, and to save your ass."

"Again," she adds, a sly smile returning the humor to her features.

PRE

Tug catches the look Teegan gives him, and is confused, as men usually are, as to how he let her down. He isn't so sure he wants an explanation, either, so he tries to forget he ever saw it. "Save me then," he laughs, collecting his things from the room, "I'm terrible at being a criminal." It wasn't the cops Donnie was worried about. He could fool them. It was the Banishers catching up to him when he was alone and vulnerable, well, okay, Tug will only admit to 'a certan degree of vulnerable,' but yeah, you get the point. Hold on, Tug's brain has just caught up to something interesting. "I'm always ready," he says, "Ready for what, though?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

(( Just a note: I'm holding this based on Voodoo ))

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things," Teegan answers. She smiles understandingly, and crosses her arms as if slightly chilled.

"Donnie Briggs has made himself a mess, but there's still plenty of fightin' that Tug can do... sometimes we just need to figure out how to fight," she continues, blushing slightly at the length and temerity of the words.

PRE

"That's what I been sayin'," Tug nods solemnly. Teegan wasn't inclined to quoting at him, or talking at length, so he took her words seriously. "I blew the whole secret identity thing, it was hard. I've lost a lot more than a fancy truck and my bank account, though. But I still have a purpose. I'm still willing to fight." He thinks of his brother's face and touches a set of dog tags hanging from his neck. Of the Arrows and the Consilium, all the mages who'd left, one way or another, as he unconsciously reaches out to pet Biscuit, who got excited at all the noise. "So how do I fight now? The Company's got a plan?" That was a relief. Tug was runnin' short on ideas out here on his own. "You didn't break my door down to riddle me. What's the deal, Teegs?" he asks, slinging a full duffel bag over his shoulder.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Teegan follows Tug's hand to the dog tags and nods sadly. "Well, word is that Donnie is gonna get 'erased', so you won't have that hangin' over you," she says, straightening up and placing a hand on the door knob. There's a pause, and she seems almost embarrassed.

"And there's been people watching you, people lookin' to pass on their Legacies." The confession made, she smiles again. "You love yourself so much. That's powerful, Tug. Physical perfection... and beyond... is what the Perfected Adepts strive for."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread