31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Amnesia is not an Acceptable Plot Device

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The only other knot that anyone might be able to identify correlates with the Church of Final Atonement.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"I think it's safe to assume for now that these represent the enemy's holdin's. Strongholds maybe, or points necessary to this ritual they've got. Could be it's the location of these spirit gems."

"But I feel like this is all we need to know to present to Tyria. I know she'll have some insight for us."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Don't be lazy. You're almost there.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Jordan looked up from the glove.

"The lines suggest, in part, ley line conversions. The red dots are both ley line conversions and possible Seer or Banisher enclaves. How about some of these enclaves being actual Demesnes, where the black hats can do magic without fear of paradox feedback shock or injury? That's what the soul stones bring to the party. Places to draw power and places to perform the Awakening experiments. The knitter worked all this out, God knows how, mapped points of convergence and located the black hats. The process must have taken forever."

He took a breath. "Damn, I wish I could remember. Why in holy hell the suicide?"

Rosh

PRE

Rosh taps the table twice. "We are circling it. What ever it is. Let's ask other questions. If the Knots are part of the ritual. Do they need them all? What about Kruegans? Will the Blacks need it back? And if they need the place, why did they leave it to us?
    I think they took what they needed and left the shell.

Here another question. If these Knots are Demesnes, What Souls are they from? Maybe Vector is strong enough to forge one. Maybe one or two of the Banishers. Maybe Our Necromancer friend, but that leaves three Knots unaccounted for.

The only way to prove this is to search these locations personally. To go alone would be unwise"
    Everyone could recall poor Falx.

"Yet another question. What if we are wrong? This is a large step forward. But it is a step in the dark. We set out on a spy mission and we could have a second counter attack like before."
    Rosh falls silent, inner thoughts churning. Some how, Vector knew to attack the day the Arrow raided. There is a Servant of the Lie within the Consilium. So much was broadcasted the day of the Raid. It was so easy to leak. Rosh bites his tongue. This was a concern for Animus and Animus alone.

He searches the other faces in the room. Minds brighter and sharper then his own. Had they themselves stumbled on this truth?

Rosh

PRE

Rosh blushes as the silence grows, "I'm sorry, I guess I'm too use to open forums. I should have kept my tongue. You three are the Council after all." he stammers hoping to save what was left of his credibility.

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"No. No, you're not wrong. It's just that we've got a lot to digest." Ruby chews on the thought a minute. The tactical strategy, no, the defense of the city may very well be written in this circle.

"We'll have to coordinate with the other orders of course. I'm sure that the Arrow would be plum pleased if they had a real job for once, an' I cain't imagine Pym would pass on the chance to move against the Seers. So we treat each dot like a target. Could be we orchestrate a feint ahead o' time, flush out our traitor, but in the end we capture each single dot. Hold it in Pentacle hands."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Aurum, with her head full of Common Sense, finally speaks up.

"But the Church isn't a stonghold, or in enemy hands. What's so special about it?"

A pause, and she consider's Jordan's words.

"Was it... a demesne? Was there a Soul Stone there?"

"That changes things. Maybe these things were left behind by the Last Consilium? Maybe not all of them have been claimed? Maybe we should prioritize the Church and go from there?"

Jordan replied to Aurum, "It's more than I can speak to, Aurum. I've never been there. Ruby, would you or Dr. Primoria know anything of the place's history? But Soul Stones are easily portable. It doesn't even have to be a stone. An Acanthus can make a soul stone look like a blossom or leaf."

And to Rosh: "Don't ever stop giving the Consilium Input, Rosh. Nothing is more dangerous than making a decision based on too little information...except for avoiding decision at all.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread