Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Downtown in the Sac

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The bench located in the K Street pedestrian mall had not changed since the last time Chief had sat there, although much had changed about Chief. The last time he had been here it had been as a homeless, interrupting walkers, sometimes to offer them directions, or tell a joke, but always to ask for a handout in the end. He'd made decent money in this spot, tourists from smaller towns being more unaccustomed to panhandling. More often than not it was the locals who told him to 'fuck off.' He'd been chased off by bicycle cops more than a few times.

That wasn't an issue today, as the Libertine sat on the bench watching the quickly depleting Summer crowds going about their business in the outdoor mall. Beneath tinted sunglasses his vision swam in fields of magic as spells of Knowing empowered his eyes. He wears a short sleeved, loose fitting Guy Harvey t-shirt, adorned by the image of a Marlin. The pockets of his blue jeans bulge with a tattered wallet, his cell phone, and a couple of magazines for the loaded .45 Smith and Wesson secured in his waistband.

Why was he here? It was his day off and he had nothing better to do but people-watch. This was something he had enjoyed before, but which the Practice of Knowing made all the more interesting.

Spell Info

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

These days, Ruby tries to do as little shopping as possible. There was a brief time the streets felt safe to walk, when the Obelisks had been bested and the Pentacle shone brightest. Not much enduring a light, was it?

Now dark ages are back in all their barbarism, so the Theurge wears her discretion tightly. Anonymous in sunglasses, blouse painted demure and drab, Ruby whisks purposefully between outlets with a Sears bag swinging aside her knee.

Awwww, magic? Can't a girl go out one day? One precious little day without...

"Why hello Mister Chief. How are you doin' on this wonderful day?" Slender digits draw off shades with a careful swiftness and pull away from a dazzling smile.

Chief looks up, noticing first the glow of active spellcraft around Ruby before actually recognizing her. He smiles, rough sun-tanned fingers likewise removing sunglasses.

"Hello, Miss Ruby. I'm doin just fine, myself, how about you? I like to come down here and watch the different types of people go walking around, and I tell you what it sure is a nice day. Did you come here to hit the shops? I've never actually done any of that here, but then I aint much for it personally." he chuckles and indicates his clothing, which fairly screams Goodwill and Wal-Mart.

He scoots over on the bench, far enough so that if Ruby should decide to sit down that they wouldn't be uncomfortably close. He gestures to the open spot.

"How's Rosh doin? He and I don't talk much anymore."

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Chief most certainly does not notice Ruby's spellcraft. She cloaks her spells and hides her aura.

Well he certainly does go on, doesn't he? Ruby waits for Chief to finish his winding hello, then appears to not notice his gesture to sit down.

Aside from this, she remains friendly to an acquaintance regardless of his overly forward gesture.

"Well that's good to hear. I'm fine myself, just pickin' up a few things." She takes a long pause for fresh air and healthy transition. "Rosh is doin' well, real well. He's helpin' with a fair sized project now, and it'll be comin' to a head soon. Showin' a lot of promise... lot of smarts." Her crown nods and a lock or two drift loose over her cheek, a subtle question in head-bob. So what have you been working on?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Let's try to remember to use the $ convention to denote hidden shares spells, but it has also has been long established that Ruby does these things.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Well, I'll remember next time, but this time I had been going on the active spells in Tsa's sig.

Chief's smile widens into a grin, replacing his sunglasses on the bridge of his nose as he looks up at Ruby. He had figured she'd refuse the offer to sit, but he would have felt like a jerk for not offering. Where he came from they shared everything, after all.

"Glad to hear that the guy's coming out and showing promise. Me, I've been just floating around. Not a whole lot going on. Workin, ya know? Makin that money. Been hoping to find a new project, myself, but I guess Tug never got around to calling me."

While he talks he pulls a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, taking one, putting it between his lips, and lighting it. He extends the pack to Ruby, offering her one. More of that hospitality.

"Don't answer if you don't want to, but, out of curiosity, what kind of fair-sized project you got goin on?"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus wasn't sure what to think anymore. First Tug had needed to leave the Cabal, and then suddenly he was on the news for assault? He hadn't been there, and didn't know the specifics, but surely there must have been less ... high-profile ... options. Was his friend starting to lose it?

That Ankh had seemed to be withdrawing from home life only furthered Animus' unease. Normally, she was the rock that he depended on to keep from going to pieces. Now, to see her hurting too, and not know what to do about it was really starting to get to him.

Finally, things had gottten to the point that he just needed to get away for a while. Animus walks the city streets, his familiar trotting beside him. Any more, Guards-the-Pack seemed to be the one island of stability in an increasingly chaotic world, the one friend he could count on not withdrawing.

As he nears the mall, the faint glow of spellcraft draws Animus' eye to Chief, and he soon spots Ruby standing near him. Animus veers toward the pair, a now-all-too-rare smile touching his face. "Hey, Ruby, ... Chief, is it? How are things going?"

Chief looks over and notices none other than the leader of all Mages in Sacramento strolling over to them. Well, he had certainly not expected that.

At least he's an Arrow now. Just like the name implies, they shoot a bit straighter than the other three points of the Diamond.

"Yeah, I'm Chief, but really you're the Chief, am I right?"
    he laughs a little, smiling with good humor.

"Things are good. Nice day. How about you, boss?"

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby waves away the cigarettes. She briefly considers doing Chief the favor of altering the pack, but unless the good you do is significant it doesn't outweigh the rudeness of interfering. Besides, Chief seems to be a man who needs more life advice than health advice.

Ruby wonders whether Chief is in the position to be told about sensitive Consilium operations, but the Heirarch's unusual arrival turns the issue moot.

"Animus? What's wrong?"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus jumps a bit at the question, unconsciously moving a bit closer to his familiar. Do I wear my emotions that openly?

He sighs. "I don't know. It's just ... it seems so difficult to find any sort of stability any more."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread