DISPLAYED
Onions Make You Cry

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Continued from here...

It seems to go on forever -- especially when you don't have any of the answers. After all the questions, the police, the ambulance, the coroner, the foursome just feel drained.

With the victim's prints all over the gun, as well as viscera, and powder burns all over her hand, it's fairly cut and dried. Well, except that no one mentioned the glove Jordan found*.

Just another question.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Rosh

PRE

Rosh sits with his back against a tree, the scene in front of his was too real. It made too many things real. He was useless here. The Police had questioned him and the others hard. in the end Spade hardly even knew why they were speaking to the woman in the first place.

No Rosh had things to do. He had an answer. One only he could follow. Standing, still somewhat shocked, he approaches his Mentor. "I should go. I..." No excuses. Rosh was clearly sick from the spectacle.

Jordan stayed near Ruby and Aurum. This was the second death that was way too near, and he was shaken. He wasn't so shaken, though, as to miss the glove, which now sat in the inside pocket of his blazer.

He wasn't able to be much help to the police. He could barely recall the encounter except to testify to the suicide. He rather thought that there was more to it, but it just wouldn't come back.

PRE

Jack sits kind of numbly near his cabal-mate after having been questioned. He can't even remember a good reason for coming to the Bridge park. He didn't have a ritualized Unveiling spell up, so checking the Bridge itself was out of the question.

Maybe I was hoping to find some random clue pointed out by Arcadia, like an RPG's golden Bang!s or sparkly pixie dust? That rarely ends up working, though...

At least,
    he thinks consolingly, this death wasn't my fault, not even partially... As far as he or any of the mystagogues plus Rosh know anymore, anyway.

"What are we gonna do about the lines?" Jack asks the group, figuring that the only logical reason for being where they were was just to brainstorm ideas in a more conducive environment. Might as well try to return to normalcy, get our minds off of what just happened.

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Thank you officer," Ruby murmurs as she drains the last sip of coffee a uniform had given her. A kind gesture, he didn't have to.

There are too many unanswered questions. Holes where moments and explanations should be, where motivations should be. Above all else there is a face, and then pieces of a face.

This city is poisoned. This city is poisoned.

What would possess a man to murder himself? To pull out a gun with such lunatic speed and fire without hesitation?

The departure of the police concludes the sordid affair, and Ruby joins the others in a haggard circle.

"I don't know. I think someone tried to stop us today, like at the bridge. Scare us, obstruct us." She sniffs, eyes red.

"I think we need to talk about what we can do better next time."

Rosh

PRE

Rosh does not want to talk. It seemed childish. But his shoulders fall back in false submission. He was tired. "Can we do this somewhere else? And isn't it a bit soon?"

Lord almighty, another dead body. Somewhere else, please.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

What they had seen had certainly been shocking and as jaded as Aurum was about the concept of death, it was something else completely to see it happen right in front of you. The gaps in her memory made it even more curious and difficult.

"If we wait there is always the chance that we could forget some detail it should be done as soon as possible. Somewhere else could work though if it would make people more comfortable."
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

PRE

"I think we can accomplish more here," Jack says. He motions to the spot that the suicide took place. "It's not exactly a happy reminder, but it is something t' give us a drive. I don't know if what happened was meant t' throw us off or what, or even if having more Time would've allowed us t' save her. I do know that we can't dwell on the past but that we should still learn from it.

"We can't give up. Not after having come this far after a years' worth of work, even with all the interruptions."

He pauses to let his words sink in and to think through what to say next.

"We've got Theurgists," he says, nodding at Ruby and Rosh, "books from the Kruegan's," he looks to Jordan, "and the Bridge itself," and finally nods sideways towards this. "Is there something we can do or learn to remove the problem?"

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Rosh, I know you said you were goin' to be ready to reverse the lines soon?"

Rosh

PRE

"I'm ready. I'll need time, and that means Defense. Do we have a map of the Lines? We could get this rolling tomorrow if we had a place to perform the work." Rosh brightens with the the focus on 'the plan'.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread