Ended
Watch
341 - 349
DISPLAYED
That Voodoo that Who Do?

Page 35 of 35 First ... 25 31 32 33 34 35

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash listened as Tug chatted on and coming to the conclusion, he simply shrugged, heading back down to watch the Necromancer. Reaching the bottom, he leans against something solid, feeling more than a little weary.

With a sidewards glance, Ash looks to Alison.

"So....werewolves are real then?"

Seriously, what else could he say?

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Slowly, words penetrate the visions, gently sweeping them away to the corners of Animus' mind. He pulls himself to a sittting position with a hoarse laugh. "I knew I was going to break, that I was running on borrowed time. Guess I borrowed just enough." He scoots over to where his clothes had fallen, lack of energy making even the simple act of dressing a chore. "I'd like to say I'll be fine, but ... we'll see how it goes."

He makes his way down the ladder and to where the failing of Invictus' spells had left him buried in earth. If he could make Tug look dead, why not himself?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

It's readily apparent that Invictus remains in the ground, Ash's spell still a window into the earth and Invictus' fate.

OOC
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A dull, throbbing pain permeates Animus' body, the ravages of the Abyss and of his own will making themselves felt. For a moment, he simply stares sadly at the apparent corpse. You were once a friend, a Cabal-mate. Someone I trusted. How did you fall to ... this?

Claws dig through dirt, the mad frenzy of minutes before replaced by listlessness. The haunting memory of Tug's life snuffed out echoes in his mind as in one swift motion the Thyrsus rips through the corpse's throat, removing any doubt of its condition. I failled you, Invictus, you and Blackfire. It was hubris to think that something as simple as moving the obelisks could undo their ritual, but it was the two of you that paid the price.

Standing wearily, the Hierarch's gaze sweeps Ash and Alison, exhaustion written into the lines of his face. He'd given his all, and is now clearly running on fumes. "He can rest, finally, free from what he had become." And just then, something flickers behind his eyes, a memory, a realization. He calls up towards the roof, "Tug, the stairs are no good, the door's jammed. You feel up to trying the ladder, or maybe you could try riding on my back?"

Alison Yates

Presence ••• (Confident)
    Striking Looks•• (Alluring)
    Primal Urge ••
    Purity •••
    Glory ••
    Iron Stamina •
    Urhan

+1
    SL
    PRE

After shifting as much as she did Alison couldn't say that she was surprised to get such a question as Ash asked her, but she had hoped not to get it. She exhaled heavily and ran a hand through her hair looking down into the transparent earth.

"Yeah, we don't exactly advertise it though. I wouldn't have even do that if I thought the fighting would be less intense. The park was important to me, I just recently found out something happened here." She looked over at Ash and then back down to the dirt in front of her. "So it like magic, or you guys like x-men or something? Seems a little like a case of Harry Potter gone horribly wrong," she finished with a laugh.

She paused and got a little more serious. "So this guy used to be one of you...or like you?"
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]Alison Yates | Rahu, Blood Talon
    Presence ••• (Confident) | Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Purity ••• | Glory ••

Health 8/8 [][][][][][][][] | Willpower 6/6

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus nods briefly. "He used to be a close friend of mine, before he became ... this." He gestures vaguely with a clawed hand, encompassing the building. "Honestly, though? I'd rather not discuss what we do. It's safer that way, for everyone. I'd like to ask that you not discuss with your people what happened here, beyond that the one causing everything has been put to rest. Just as I'm sure you would want us not to publicize your own nature." And you certainly don't need to know how much self-injury I inflicted to accomplish this.

He heaves a heavy sigh, exhausted, the pain running just below the surface. All I really want to do is crawl in bed and deal with whatever dreams might come. Even though I know they'll be ugly.

PRE

"My arms still...uh...yeah, I can make it down the ladder." I mean, they only felt like they would fall off. They wouldn't really. Right? "X-Men. Right." Tug has himself a good laugh. "We're like, what he said," nodding at Animus. "Really mysterious and stuff. We could hang out again. Y'know. Since I gotta come back anyway." He doesn't care what the others think. She was a girl most of the time, right? Then it was fine. It was weird, but it was fine. She probably had somebody else, anyway, someone without vomit on his reattached arms. But they weren't done with this park. "We could get ice cream," he grins, then looks at his Arrows. "So, can we, uh? Let's call some people to get rid of that body." He fishes in his pocket for the phone that Fate's hand had touched.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Ash agrees and descends the ladder; Tug has no problems doing so, either.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Scene Ends

Page 35 of 35 First ... 25 31 32 33 34 35
Closed Thread