Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Character Creation (Info in First Post)

(449) Come All Ye Faithful
Mar 7, 2017 - Mar 29, 2017
Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Yo, Spider. PM me if you're able. I know new accounts have a post quota before you get access to PMs. I play the #1 Kindred Criminal presently on the site. I do enjoy Film Noir and Crime Dramas and have done some research into it for my character. And I'm happy to help new players work through character concepts. So if you want to chat sometime about it, I'd be up for it.

I think there's a lot of potential for variety in the Vampire Criminal archetype, so I look forward to seeing what you come up with. If anything I might be able to confirm your suspicions on how to accomplish what you've been describing for the character.

Otherwise, welcome to EoD!

2. Likes West liked this post
    A
    AnoncameaSpider

I can't PM yet, gotta hit the ten post count first I guess. However I'll go hop in chat and hope you see this message.

A
    AnoncameaSpider

So as I kind of feel my way around the site, I've noticed there's some difference between what the domain rules are vs. the site rules.
    Sorry for so many back to back posts :/

I just want to make sure I'm understanding it right, I can have haven 4 (Size 1, Sec 3) for instance but if I'm found out before I earn the rite of Tenancy, my character is boned, yes?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Correct. There are OOC mechanical rules and there are IC social conventions. Limiting Havens is a way to empower domain officials and give characters goals etc.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

A
    AnoncameaSpider

I like that idea, and am stealing it should I ever run a real life requiem game...Also West I looked up the Taifa a bit more, they've got a really awesome writing behind them.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Wow.

It usually takes people over a year to actually start listening to me
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

Kenny would be interested in a ghoul (it's one of the things on my very long list of things to get eventually). If you're looking for hooks they could be a bum that stayed in the wrong house and got dragged down into the Necropolis; or a professor/student at the university that made fun of his research one too many times; or maybe a gift from his Grandsire back in Boston.

I'd be interested in playing a Ghoul as well as having one attached to Konrad. Much like getting a new puppy, it'll be hard to love again. Not sure if the XP still needs to be spent to have one. But the selection process would be fairly particular, so anyone who wants to can PM me a pitch.

Anyone from the underground scene would make a good fit. Street-savvy or criminally inclined would make good hooks. Or dock-worker with specialized talents. Or even a black-hat hacker.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

PC ghouls do not need to be paid for, unless they are abandoned and the regnant wants to keep them and convert them into a Retainer.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

So yeah, I'll be looking into the book with the intent to play a Ghoul. Any tips? Anything I should know? Any interest? Let me know!

I think a couple of things that would be integral to a well played ghoul would be considering and answering:

Why did they become a ghoul?

Maybe they were lured into it. Maybe it was forcibly done to them. If it was the former, did they ask questions that got answered and/or have everything explained to them?

Do they like being a ghoul?

Are they empowered by it, or just walked into it and are bound by Blood Addiction now? If they could, would they do it again?

What happens next?
    Are they going to be a ghoul forever? Or are they trying to buy their way into full Vampirism?

Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread