Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Show Premiere

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 19 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant turns towards the two kindred, and continues smiling.

"Come, Mark, I'm sure we're on first name terms by now, right?" he jokes before addressing the blind Haunt. "Dirge, you look radiant this evening."

Yui's content smile shifts to one of pleasure. "I don't actually. Thank you. I'll find a way to repay the kindness." So that is how it would be. All the better. Yui didn't need entanglements. Just a good time and some opportunity.

Yui steps back, making it clear he wasn't looking for something that was not offered. Oh! "Here let me introduce to some friends of my own." Tehe..

"Ms. White!" Yui close the distance. "Ciara, this is the Magestic Alice White and here is~" Yui realizes the name he knows would not be proper. "here is an old, dear friend." Yui gaze settles on Nightfall. For once he breaks the endless smile and studied the Fairest. What were they after Nightfall had departed from Winter? They had not been true friends to begin with.

"Guys, this is Ciara, a lovely photographer of the highest caliber." Yui beams at the chance to show himself 'connected with the in crowd'.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Ciara

*Ciara knows she should behave; that she should follow behind the energetic young man quietly. But she is out among Kine, she's supposed to act alive. If she can't enjoy herself now, damn it when can she? Besides, the mortal had an energy about him, like a two legged Jack Russel terrier. And since she can't have any pets given her current state of existence, why not find a fitting lap dog?

She doesn't let Yui get more than a step away when a slender arm reaches out and wraps around his waist, pulling her next to him as they walk towards the Kine Yui had indicated. She presses her body next to his, waiting to see what kind of reaction it would draw from the young man, as she's introduced.

She can't help but notice the pause and lack of name for the man. He must not have been that old nor dear a friend if Yui can't remember his name; but she lets it go. Besides, the young lady he introduces her to more than makes up for the man beside her.*

Actually, I'm a talent scout for one of the local modeling agencies. Photography is but one of my many talents. Ciara Maskelyne, a pleasure to meet you both. *She says with a soft smile. Holding her hand out to the nameless male first.*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Heathcliff arrives in a luxury sedan he's rented for the evening, at the government rate, of course. He was more worried about his own blue sedan being an eyesore in the parking lot than playing joneses, so he had insisted on something black, with a quiet elegance, that surely wouldn't compete with those the Invictus would arrive in. This was their Viscountess' Elysium, after all.

Heathcliff walks into the lobby alone, his lovely and loyal Paladin so recently passed in the Horizon assault. As befits a man in mourning, he wears a black jacket, with a black tie over a neatly pressed white collared shirt, black slacks, and meticulously shined black shoes. He sees the Prince and several other luminaries have already arrived, and talking with the hostess currently, so he decides to visit with his cousin and their crowd.

"Good evening, gentlemen, lady," the Seneschal says to the Primogen, Deputies, and Dirge. "Quite a turnout, isn't it?" Quietly, he says to his cousin, "I'd like to speak with you privately, when you have an opportunity."

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Yui called to them she beamed a huge smile to him. She bubbled with excitement and took in the sights of the crowd of people around her. There were many beautiful people and suddenly she was very self conscious of the narrow scar over her cheek. Alice does what she can to cover it up with make up, but the cut mark is still very visible.

Alice laughed as Yui avoided naming Nightfall. "You know my boyfriend Neil Fields you silly boy. How have you been?" It had been the first time Alice had called referred to Nightfall as her boyfriend and she had to admit it really felt nice saying that word.

When Alice heard what the woman's profession was she suddenly wished the woman was somewhere else. The single flaw marring Alice's perfect beauty must be immediately apparent to the woman's trained eye. She held out her hand to shake the woman's when she finished with Nightfall's.

"Hi Ciara it is good to meet you. Feel free to call me Alice if you'd like."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

If Neil had been quicker, he'd be at the bar... but he wasn't.

Instead, he found himself face to face with an Onyx courtier, with a woman of European good looks. He took the hand, evaluating the features and dress; too classic to be Eastern European -- god knows he'd seen enough nouveau riche Russian trash in his lifetime. Taking the hand, he gave it a polite shake, opening his mouth to introduce himself, and closing it as Alice did so.

His Prismatic Heart concealed his surprise at the introduction, and his attention immediately left Ciara to watch Yui's reaction. This was probably the last way he had wanted Katrin to find out, and light cherry blossoms stained his cheeks -- both at the awkwardness of the revelation, and flush of pleasure at the words. Apparently she hadn't been exaggerating about not caring who knew.

"Neil,"
    he said softly, releasing Ciara's hand, and held out his hand to the Beast.

"Yui,"
    Neil greeted him, letting a sociable smile animate his features. His other hand slipped around Alice's waist, purposefully letting the Onyx courtier know the sentiment was mutual.

Yui is quite shocked, The situation was very much a sudden entanglement. So much so he almost plays opossum. His hand clasps Nightfall's. Past be past. Something about Nigh~Neil was altogether different. Who was this man who had seemingly been reborn?

In responce to Ciara's proximity, Yui contorts himself to her from. Accepting her to be there, but nothing more. Supporting her, but not inviting her further. With this distraction Yui almost misses Alice's confession of a relationship and is left to wonder if this was cause for celebration or to be overlooked for the sake of politeness. Was Nightfall embarrassed?

Oh, for how long had Winter's Sorrow melted in the face of Spring's renewed Desire?

Yui himself felt a tug on the chain round his heart and glances up at Ciara. What was her game? Suspicion ran deep in the Beast. He uses that suspicion to steel himself from drowning in the midst of this emotional rush.

Yui was no sophomore to the table of Social Maneuvering. But all the poor guy had at the moment a hand of twos and threes. He could either fold, or bluff.

"I've been well. Getting the firm established again is proving difficult. I had thought Consulting work would be in demand, Maybe I just need to break my name with the right group?" Yui lets that answer die away and "Neil how has the Studio been doing?" Awesome. Show the guy you care. Build a bridge. Ciara being so close is distracting. whats that smell in her hair? No, focus. Neil's mantle is colorful...

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

"Oh, thank you Jayant, it is good to be able to talk with you again. I hope you have been well enough lately," she said with a smile.

She heard the Seneschal's unmistakable voice as he approached them and she turned to face him. "Mister Staley, good evening. Things certainly sound lively here tonight. There seems to be quite the turn out."

She nodded her head to the man slightly, "I'm at your disposal Mister Staley. Whenever is convenient for you."
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara

*Ciara nods to the two, seems she'd landed right in the middle of a little power struggle. Nothing unfamiliar to the Ventrue, she smiles invitingly to the couple.* Yui, you never told me you were in Law. And what's this about a Studio, Mr Fields? What kind? Photo, martial arts? I'm always on the hunt for new investment opportunities.

Max

*For his part, Max stays rather quiet; letting the others fill the air with words. He nods his head as the Senechal arrives, content to just listen for now. Wait and watch, a mantra that had severed him well over the decades.*

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Neil's eyes narrows slightly, and a smile tugged at his lips.

So Yui was a lawyer? And they somehow knew one another from this?

He himself had never been a cock-blocker, or even into confrontation over a woman. He preferred to stand on his own merit, and be judged accordingly. If Yui wanted to play this game, though, he wasn't going to ruin it for his former Court's courtier.

"I'm sorry to hear that,"
    he replied to Yui sincerely. "I really... regret... any difficulties I may have caused."

Turning to Ciara, he slipped on a winning smile and gave a dip of his head. "Yes, Glissade -- I teach dance there, and some self-defense. It's nothing like Wagner, of course, but I'd like to think quality over quantity characterizes us."

The Fairest gave the pretty girl a slight nod to indicate the speech was over, careful to keep any hint of speculation or appraisal from his features... although he was curious as to what she was doing with Yui.

"Does anyone want a drink? Alice?"
    he asked turning to his date, giving her his full attention, and letting both women know where his priorities were.

You really never could do too much of that.

Page 4 of 19 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread