Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Lawless | Hellen's Phalanx

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

All the signs are there, hidden sigils, symbols, faked posters and 'help wanted ads'.

Easy to spot, when you know how the Five work. Jules rides in the back seat of a ruddy Jeep Cherokee, a paper in his hands like you might find on a Community board in a church or coffee shop.

"Circle." He says, a single word in meticulous precision. Bravo does not respond, simply grinning as he fiddles with a length of string, middle school style.

Carter isn't surprised. The place was on Bravo's top seven after all, and when is he ever wrong? He chirps a confirmation over radio before making a few taps at the pre-programmed GPS.

He turns, a commercial grade Humvee following behind.

---

They park within throwing distance of the Temple. All five hopping out of the vehicles. Bravo, Ten, Carver light cigarettes. Broadside receives a nod from Bravo to clear him.

He walks towards the imposing entrance.

Broadside
    Adamantine Arrow

Active Spells appears to be zero.
    Potency 6+ Sight

take a moment to set yourself up inside the temple, need a moment to prep.

PRE

Tug sits within the Circle of Creation, silently poring over maps of Sacramento on his laptop, referencing them with the notes from he and the Councilor's recon mission and narrowing down the possible hiding places of the Banishers. His sandals knock a staccato on the floor, his sweats are not at all sweaty, and a thermos of coffee sits beside him. Housetraining his familiar has proven to be an uphill battle so far. Currently the little monster had his ephemeral teeth ever so gently clamped on Tug's exposed toes. <<"Down, boy. That's a bad Biscuit.">>

Active Spells

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh pulls into the Circle and parks the car. She grabs the lunch bags she brought with her from the house and gets out. She'd thought maybe she should bring some food to Tug, might help with his training or research or whatever the hell it is he is doing in there. Food is one of those things that goes well with just about everything.

She makes her way up the steps, juggling the bags and bottles. The house had been empty for a little while and she'd finally broken down and decided to leave for a bit. Going from one building to the next wasn't much of a change but at least here she would have some company. Animus and West had both been kind of busy as of late and she wanted to get to know Tug a little better anyway. May as well learn as much about her cabal-mates as she can.

It's a clear day. Hot though, hot as Satan's 5AM coffee or Megan Fox if she didn't have toe-thumbs.

Ankh's arrival is made unusual by the fact that someone else is already at the door. Someone she doesn't recognize in the slightest.

His pulse, Ankh can sense his lifeblood pulsing through veins. Healthy, very much so. Thirties, she might guess. He eyes her, with a just enough of a grin to be friendly. He's dressed simply, efficiently. Close fitting shorts with a thin shirt, vest and a large rucksack.

His aura... tranquil like an ocean. Unreadable in its calm calculation. Perhaps curiosity? Eagerness? Impossible to discern from this distance.

There are others. Not far away. From across the parking lot they watch, intently but lazily.

The man doesn't make any effort to speak unless Ankh gets close.

If Ankh approaches

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh pauses halfway up the steps and looks at the man closely. "Hello." She says in a mild tone. "Is there something I can do for you?"

"Yes... Ma'am. My... name is Broadside," He says politely with a reverent nod of his head, although his tone is unusually mechanical and there are a lot of unnecessary pauses.

"My friends and I," he indicates the two vehicles and four loafers parked at meters on the other side of the four lane. "Are Vets from... out of town. We were hoping to meet some other Vets, and..." His tone changes now, combined with a look of frustration that he throws across the street at his compatriots. "Pa-what? What's panache? No, I - no, I have no idea what panache means, ass... No, fuck you Shakespeare."

"I'll read YOU a book,
    " he shouts threateningly across the street, final word in an argument with only one participant.

"Sorry," he apologizes before listening intently again to something that isn't there. "We just... wanted to meet the CO."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh stares at the man blankly, trying very hard not to react to his odd behavior or the fact that he just shouted fuck you across the street.

"I see." She says and licks her lips in a semi-nervous gesture. "Well, if you will give me a moment to step inside and put some of this stuff down then I can get a companion of mine and I think we should be able to help you. Give me a moment please and I will be right back."

She opens the door to the building, although it does cause her to have to juggle her various bags and other items she somehow manages not to drop anything as she slips inside.

She walks to the table Tug is sitting at and sets her things down, giving him a solemn look. "We seem to have visitors. Strange visitors."

PRE

Tug puts his laptop and notes down as Ankh enters. Instinctively, he reaches out to help her with the bags. "Visitors?" he asks confused. The Circle didn't get visitors. That was kind of the whole point, wasn't it? "Arrows from out of town?" he offers, remembering the unfortunate case of Dragon. "What do they want?" The Sentinel pats his pockets to confirm he has his dragon knuckles on him as he starts toward the door.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh shakes her heasd. "No I don't think they are Arrows from out of town. The one at the door says he wants to meet the CO. I am.....not sure what to make of him really. He started having a conversation with people across the street-"

She shakes her head, looking slightly frustrated. She understands that some Mages do odd things sometimes, hell she's done it herself, but some come across as more strange then other.

She follows Tug to the door and opens it, motioning for him to proceed her.

Broadside is still outside, waiting patiently.

The rest of his crew also haven't moved, leaning against the jeep and humvee.

One man appears to have found himself an icee, he sits on top of the hood of the jeep, leaning forward intently as he chews on the straw.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread