Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Early Morning Ritual

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Darren Nash

PRE

Every day, Ash starts the day the same way. He wakes up, grabs an orange juice, brings up the Grim Sight and brushes his teeth, the minty freshness always fighting with the fruity sweetness, creating something quite bitter. After putting on his running outfit, he heads from his apartment for his daily run, heading off towards Granite Park just after the sun hits the horizon, something comforting with the dawn that makes Ash feel safe.

After a couple of mile warm up, Ash comes to a stop outside Granite Park and leans up against the railings to stretch out, recalling the conversation he had with Wormm certain that the other Moros had mentioned something about investigating Granite Park at somepoint.

Looking at his watch, Ash nodded. He had plenty of time before work.

Grim Sight

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Where exactly in Granite Park is Ash?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

w
    w176

Days and nights comes and goes, a steady rhythm you can rely on even as an Awakened. For most people this is also largely the same as the pattern of rest and wake. For Tvivel rest was more like rain, unpredictable, half an hour one day, a bunch of day without and then it might suddenly start again and wont stop for 18 hours.

Tvivel been awake for two days. And there are only so many times you can go through xkcd and A Softer World archives before you start to feel like an tapped animal in an empty apartment.

As soon as there were light she had headed out with a Polaroid camera, a folder containing a number of empty plastic files, a bunch of small Ziploc bags and a marker pencil. The basic scying archive kit.

She went for a geeky look this morning, the red hair in ponytail, a pair of nice glasses was resting on her sharp nose, t-shirt with college logo and soft black pants. And all the stuff was neatly pack it into her shoulder bag.

There had been no plan to what she been doing. Just drifting around, snapping pictures, taking samples. Now she was standing on the sidewalk next to a pedestrian entrance into Granite park. As useful as anything else in her random sampling. She would have to do this for real later, when she actually knew were important places were

Walking over to the fence picked a leaf of a bush, a flake of color from the itself fence and dirt from the ground and put it into a ziploc bag and then down into the file. A few early joggers passed her by, but she paid little attention. If you were doing something odd but seemed to know what you were doing, people tend to accept it as completely normal. A student doing an assignment hopefully.

She snapped of a photo of the place, waited for the picture and wrote “A entrance to granite park. NW side. McDonalds on the other side of the road. Smells of grass, grease and traffic. Slight wind breeze. Feels...”

Her pen stopped writing and she let out her spatial awareness trying to get a feeling for the place, her gaze a bit unfocused... Unto a all to real will work of one of the joggers came into focus.

Hesitantly she raised her hand in a friendly (as in peaceful) wave to Ash.

Feely feely stuff 2 suxx

Darren Nash

PRE

I'd say he was jogging southeast down the road that runs alongside Granite Park and slowed at the top of the street, so its western edge.

Ash stretches out his hamstrings as he catches the woman waving to him, a camera in her hands. He waves back, trying to remember if he knows her or not. Thinking that he doesn't, Ash walks over to her.

"Good morning. Looks like its gonna be a nice day."

The weather. Always an ice-breaker.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

We'll say he curved up to put him at the NW side to make it congruent with Tvivel's location.

The soft glimmer of active spell resonance limns the jogger and the photographer.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

w
    w176

As the unknown mage approves, she finished the sentence on the back of the photo with haste an not without deeper thought.

'...Feels a bit deserted, yet show signs of regular use. '

And dumped the card into the plastic file.

Her inside ras tense and attentive yet have outside turned into a sunny smile.

“Lovely isn't it. Haven't gotten used to it yet." Tvivel said, and paused.

“I recognize something about you. You don't happen to be a friend of Ruby? “ Tvivel said, and then a few seconds passed while when Tvivel wrestled the wording to be both true, not given anything away and still be clear enough for the most thickheaded arrow or whimsy arcantus.

“ I'm not sure that this is the case but you might have seen her at a Renaissance fair when she was the Herald for the thing?” One eyebrow was raised, the smill relaxed and her nail dug hard enough into the thin plastic file to leave marks. Faster heartbeats then she would admit raced a fast count down towards the jogger-mages answer, a tense waiting for his reaction to Rubys name but incorrect title.

Darren Nash

PRE

"Ruby? No, name's lost on me I'm afraid," Ash says without hint of an apology. "Never heard of no fair either. My name's Ash." He leans forward towards Tvivel slightly so she could hear him whisper. "Councilor Ash if you prefer. I don't. I like Ash."

w
    w176

There was not as much a change in her facial expression. That remained the same, the curious yet a bit careful smile. Polite and fitting for a first time meting between mages. Like two dogs with a bit hesitantly wagging tails greeting each other, showing no sign that they meant harm buy neither showing any weakness.

No, the reaction to that something had been very wrong with his answer showed in her eye. An autonomic pupil reaction, the blackness expanding swallowing more of the baby blue iris in a short show of fear.

Wtf? Councilor and an experienced member of the mysterium nor knowing each other. Unlikely and then was either part lying, and using an obvious lie for some purpose.

“Oh. “ She said sounding a bit sleepy and surprised in a it-is-to-early-in-the-morning-I'm-a-bit-thick way. And lowered an head that had to serve as a formal bow out in the open.

“Nice to meat you. “
    Sounded from her tone a lot more like 'I'm honoured'
    “I must been mistaken about Ruby. Tvivel, but Vivianne works just fine out on the streets, new in town.”

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash knew he wasn't the brightest light in the city but still. This woamn was confusing the ectoplasm outta him.

"Riiiiiight. Anyway, pleasure to meet you, Viv." He looks down to her camera. "Taken anything decent?"

w
    w176

“Oh. I'm not out to take photos artistically, just snapping some reference photos of the city.” Tvivel said, looked over the park and hen looked down on the camera fingering it carefully.

“Having a nice jog?” She said, looking him over, sounding politely curious, but a half an second later she abandoned the pretense and the fake smile.

“ No, I'm sorry.” She said. interrupting him before giving him a chance to answerer. Open confrontation wasn't Tvivels thing, not even verbal, but at a public place like this before she would have chase to doubt the truth and how things could fit together even more.

Her tone was polite as always, but the kind of politeness you get from a professing remarking that you were late to class, again.

“ I feel the need to ask you something quite frankly, because somewhere something don't add up. The city seems to be crawling with either insane or shady freelancers, and I'm puzzled why someone stating that they hold that position wouldn't know someone who stated to have a high standing in the book branch of the company in town. Do you have any suggestions to why I should trust that you telling me the truth?”

((OOC: Confuse the ectoplasm out of him. O.O Disgusting! ))

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread