Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Calling Ankh

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    E
    Erebus

He had the numbers saved in a number of places. On his laptop, a document contained all the important numbers, and this was printed out and kept in a manila file folder in the upper left had drawer of his desk, both at home and at the office. This list was also copied to the home computer. Conall was nothing if not organized.

The next morning, after he spoke with Corax on the pool deck, he flipped through the contact list of his Blackberry--yet another repeat of the list of contacts--until he reached Ankh's phone number, and he dialed.

*ring, ring*

The phone rings about five times and for a moment Conall thinks he might get the voicemail. Then, it's picked up. The voice is cautious, as if the woman on the other end isn't sure who just called her.

"Hello?"
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

E
    Erebus

"Hello, this is Carter Albright"--a working alias. After all, it raises eyebrows to tell the general public that your name is Conall. "And, I am calling on behalf of Dr. Jeffrey Merin," who Conall hoped Ankh recognized as Corax's professional name.

He paused a moment and leaned back in his chair. "Dr. Merin would like for me to inform you that he is in town, and taken up local residence. He would like to meet with you. This afternoon, if it is convenient. I have us for reservations at Mason's Restaurant. Shall I tell him you are coming?"

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Who the hell is this? Is the first thought that runs through Ankh's mind. It isn't until the man says her former Doctor's name that recognition finally dawns.

Then comes the apprehension. Why is Corax here and exactly what does "taken up local residence" mean? Did he decide to buy a summer house?

He can't possibly have left his practice in San Fran. He wouldn't do that. Unless there is something very wrong with him.

"I......tomorrow? Yes, yes that's fine."

E
    Erebus

Conall didn't miss a beat. He started typing the changes to Corax's schedule, and he would call the restaurant to change their reservation to tomorrow. "Tomorrow, if that's what suits your schedule. I have times open between 1 and 3 in the afternoon and after 5:30. We can meet for lunch or an early dinner, whichever you prefer."

He finished typing and leaned back again in his chair, and the tone of his voice shifted to take on a note of sincerity. "I am certain Corax will be pleased to see you again, Ankh."

"I.....can't this afternoon, I'm sorry. I'm probably going to be in a meeting for the remainder of the day. Uh......."

For some reason the change in his tone seems to throw her off even more. She wasn't used to going from business to personal in 0.2 seconds. She has obviously been thrown off kilter by the conversation and tries to redeem some stability to her voice.

"One to three would be fine yes. I will be looking forward to seeing him again as well. I have to go Mr. Albright. Tell Dr. Merin that I am looking forward to lunch."
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you for the call I will see the Doctor tomorrow." Ankh hangs up and returns to her meeting.

Closed Thread