Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Juspeczyk's newsstand.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

"Right,"Jordan said as he strapped in. He put the knife carefully into a jacket pocket. A shame that he hadn't put in a couple of the things he would usually brought to search places, but with Henry you never knew when you had to travel light.

From what Henry said, Starling had been taken under duress. But why Starling as opposed to anyone else in the Museum hierarchy? The abstraction was quick and sudden; kidnappers who could take their time would have packed a bag to give the simulation of a planned outing rather than leave things be and broadcast an extraction.

The blood on the knife would be useful in improving sympathetic connection if Jordan had to divine.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry drives towards Elk Grove, recounting the remaining clues to Jordan as he drives.

"I had some help from another of your wings for a short time. We managed to find out a few things." Getting on the highway, he states the facts, without emotion and little inflection. "Scrying attempts show Starling is in a very, very dark place. My first guess would be underground. His mind seems to be absent, since telepathy simply doesn't work. I'd bet on death, however unpleasant that thought is." He states that opinion as though he were ordering coffee. It felt strange talking about Supernal concerns so openly, and it made Henry uncomfortable at best. He dealt with that the way he always did in his car : By making sure the pair weren't followed.

"There was also some talk of visions in dreams," he adds with a generous dose of doubt in his voice. "Starbucks coffee, ribbons and bows, and cashmere cardigans. Which, as I gather, is right up my... *ahem* Starling's alley, but doesn't tell us much." As usual, it's impossible to tell if the 'identity misuse' was a voluntary joke, or an actual slip. The slight smile on his face as he says it might be a clue, though.

Jordan shook his head in wonder.
    "Tearing ages, Henry, what an assortment. Screwy as hell. Let's see. No response to telepathy...a very dark place. Dark like a crypt or dark like a closet? If you think he's dead, could he be interred in a crypt or coffin here?"

He chewed some more. "Starbucks. Ribbons and bows. Cashmere cardigans. Coffee, giftwrap...hair ribbons or hair bows. Is a woman involved? Christ, Henry, we could free associate all day. And Rogaine in bulk?"

He lapsed back muttering, dredging his memory regarding Rogaine, monoxodil...what have you.

Rogaine huh

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry nods. "I know. I don't give much stock to those. But I don't think there was a woman involved. From everything I've seen, heard, and thought of Starling, he wouldn't be caught dead with a woman." There's a slight pause. "If you catch my drift." Well, except for his boss the Curator. And it was very, very unlikely he was with her that way.

At the mention of mausoleums and crypts, Henry hmms for a moment. His reply is quiet, letting Jordan do his thinking. "I was thinking dark like six feet under the dirt, but a crypt might fit. We'll see once we're on site."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

As the talk turns to the morbid, Jordan remembers that Elk Grove is the location of the County's indigent/John Doe cemetery...

My bad on the slow response :( ...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Jordan emerges from his brown study. He couldn't remember anything special about the hair growing solution, but something else came to mind.

"Henry, this is where the county has it's Potter's Field, you know...where the indigent or otherwise unidentified are buried. Where is the best place to hide a body except with other bodies?"

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry looks at Jordan, pondering the idea for a brief moment. "Bodies noone cares about. Easy access, no precise count." he adds another element under his breath, barely audible even as far as whispers go.

"It's a place to start, we can always go with other places if this yields nothing." Another look out the rear-view mirror, to make sure noone is about to hear the next words out of his mouth. "Nice recall. Good work." And he offers Jordan a smile, one that looks honest at least. Easy to pull off with Starling's face attached.

And, without another word, he heads into town, to look for the graveyard of lost souls.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Without much difficulty, Henry pulls up to the Elk Grove Cemetary. Situated on 5 acres, and established in 1874, it is one of Sacramento County's indigent burial sites.

It's got a small black iron fence around the property and looks well maintained, although areas of tall grass speak to staffing issues. There's an office building that probably doubles as a small chapel in the distance, with a single old sedan parked to the side. Aside from the gentle roar of traffic on the main road, it seems quiet.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

"Thanks, Henry." Jordan responded gratefully. One thing he did know about Henry' he didn't hand out congratulations insincerely. They drove quietly for a while and Jordan ran the clues through his head again.

They arrived, and even nowadays cemeteries gave Jordan a feel of creepy desolation. But business was business.

"How would you like to handle this?"

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry ponders that question for a few seconds, looking out the window, wondering exaclty how they were going to find a single corpse in what was essentially a gathering of unnamed bodies.

"Starling vanished around the ***. Either we get into the office and try to find records of who got here when, or we try and see how they're sorted. In both cases, coming in at night might be best."
    Because everyone knows there's nothing to fear in a graveyard of restless souls when the sun is down.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread