Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
(1004) Court at the Sterling

Page 11 of 33 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last

PRE

"Met? Heavens no," Argent replies with disdain. He's about to continue when the rest of Ciara's statement registers. "Politique politicienne," he sighs, looking for all the world like a child who's birthday party has been rained upon.

There's a pause, and then he leans in close to whisper.

"Just don't decide to be Prefect, dear."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Arnold is about to continue addressing the two Deputies and the blind Haunt when the Prince approaches and speaks, naturally drawing Arnold's full attention.

"Good evening, your Majesty. I suppose I am for now, alone that is. I had expected to see Jessi here tonight but it seems she had more pressing business." he frowns as he says this, displeased, with a glance at the closing doors.

Looking over to Ishani he smiles again, greeting her "Lady Naetesh, it is always a pleasure. You are looking lovely tonight."

Turning his attention back to Mark, Regina, and Dirge he speaks "You've approached just as I was about to speak with these three about the issue regarding the hostile rogue element amongst the city's homeless."

Speaking to Dirge "First I wanted to thank you, Miss Dirge, for the information you were able to gather on these people. We both know that the task I charged you with could not have succeeded as planned, but the information you were able to gather will come in great use."

Turning to include Regina he says "With additional thanks to Councilor Pia for assisting you in her capacity as Deputy."

Now he seems to address Regina and Markos exclusively, although it is obvious that he has not forgotten the Prince and Harpy's presence.

"On that note I require someone especially skilled in the use of gaining information from an unwilling subject. The tools I have at my disposal - torture, viniculum - are bludgeons and I desire a scalpel. I had considered that perhaps one of the Daeva could use their gifts of Majesty to assist in my purpose."

He regards the two Daeva standing before him, waiting for a volunteer.
    Dirge smiled as the Reeve spoke to her. She was mostly glad that he understood just how hard it would have been to carry out. Hopefully they would be able to resolve it.

"Thank you for the kind words and understanding Reeve Culler. If you need another sword in your line of work, or a nice strong pair of jaws, or several," she said nodding to Cerberus, "let me know. I will be happy to help when and where I can. The cities homeless will soon become a huge threat and you may need all the sword arms you can muster."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara shakes her head at the whisper, a soft laugh coming from her parted lips* I do not think there are enough Carthians to merit a Prefect. As far as I know, it is a large group of two; and that is hardly enough to have any power in city politics. Yet...
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Arnold nods officially at Markos "Good. The first minute you have available after Court I'll need you to meet me at my office and we'll proceed from there."

Looking back at Dirge Arnold smiles confidently "I'm still confident that the problem can be dealt with before it becomes a huge threat. I will keep your offer to help in mind, nonetheless."

If for no other reason but to satisfy my curiosity regarding a sword-wielding blind woman

He looks around, curious to see what would happen now that the doors had been closed.
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant gracefully steps back and away from so many Beasts. Even though he had been around them for nearly a year now, it was still stifling. Instead, he moved next to some of the statues to observe, far more content to be away from the socializing.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seeing the Prince recognize her Twist smiles widely enough that it crinkles her eyes and she makes a brief bow in his direction. Straightening she sees Deacon approach, she turns to him.

"Of course- what can I do for you?"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison gestures to the door. "I just wanted to tell you the door is now secure. You may begin Court whenever you are ready, Prince Clarke. Also, would you like the Seceschal to do the acknowledgements or are you going to be doing them yourself?"

Quote Originally posted by Premsyl:
    Sean sees Lori come in and hurries over to her "Hey, Lori. Glad to see you made it. Never know who'll get their fangs in a bunch over missing Court, ya know?"

He catches a whiff of her "outfit" and his nose wrinkles "Woah, you smell like unwashed lady parts. Makes me glad breathing's optional." he grins

"So anyway, I wanted to talk to you about something. Did you hear I finally bit the bullet and put some cash down on a little apartment on the west side of town?"
    Lori stays silent a moment before answering Sean, her Beast taking the time to size up all the other Kindred in the room. When she turns to Sean she seems to give a slight shudder as though she was shaking off the creeping feeling of weakness she felt in the presence of more potent blood.

"Yeah, I knew you'd been talking about it but I didn't think you'd go through with it. 'Spose you're going to ask me to stay?" Lori says, obviously convinced such arrangements wouldn't work out. As she turns away from Sean to pretend to care about goings on around her she notices the Prince slowly looking over the faces of those gathered here and briefly wonders if their eyes had met.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Argent
    Blood Potency 3

Argent's easy to read features, accentuated by the makeup, slide into a disinterested look. While he enjoys socializing and the games of societies, politics is much too boring and stuffy for him.

Maybe too dangerous.

"Well, I wish the best in your endeavors, but the city has had more than it's share of the First Estate since I've been here,"
    he murmured.

Asa Clarke
    Mask of Tranquility

"I think I'll handle them tonight,"
    Asa replied to Madison. Were it just one or two, he would let the Seneschal handle the hassle, even though such a large group would be a pain, he still wanted a better look at each.

Stepping away, he moved to the center to of the room to address everyone. It was slightly nerve-wracking to move to the center press of the predators his Beast felt on all sides, like jumping into a pool full of piranha, but he schooled his features to outward calm.

"May I have your attention?"
    he asked in Public Speaking voice. "Welcome to Sacramento. I am Asa Clarke, the Prince of the Domain. Regent and Reeve Arnold Culler, Harpy Ishani Naetesh, Seneschal Heathcliff Staley, Hound Twist, and Primogen Jayant Nagaraj are my appointed officials," he continued, indicating each as he spoke their names. "Hound Twist and Regent Culler are the Daeva and Nosferatu Prisci, respectively, and Mr. von Schusten, Mr. Malevich, and Miss Stamford are those of the Mekhet, Gangrel, and Ventrue."

He considered rattling off the Covenant leaders, but if the new arrivals couldn't manage that on their own, well...

"We're going to have a bit of a game for tonight's entertainment. For those who wish to demonstrate their martial prowess, we'll have a contest, with the prize being this establishment," he said, gesturing to include the Sterling, "and the area in a half mile radius around it --excluding the Rack-- as a personal domain for the span of one year. The only rule will be forcing one's opponent to yield."

Asa smiled, wondering if everyone understood what was just said. "While you all decide, please, feel free to continue with your evening and in a bit the Seneschal will organize the event. Those who are new to the city may also Present themselves to me for Acknowledgment."
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

w
    w176

“By choice? Why is that? ´...If i may ask. Is is because you fear the dull politics of the city would drive you insane with boredom? Or do you stay of of it because the politics of the city would make your existence all to interesting?” Her fingers played with the silk tie, twisting with it to the rhythm of the Japanese music. She was still eying the kine, but that was a simple way to keep her eye away from her own kind.

But for a second she looked over to study Max lips. “Or a more personal reason?”

She let the question hang in the air for a second before she studied the seneshal at a safe distance, never looking at his face but her pupils dilated in a instinctive bestial reaction before she spoke.

“Him? Ah..Hm.. Can't say I am relived. He looks like a pitiable but honest little man, but looks tend to be so sweetly deceiving. Are they?” She shrugged, almost like she answered her own question before she smiled in Max general direction.

“Ah, I am enjoying myself. I always found the dance macabre most pleasant.” She said. In the corner of her mouth her teeth were showing. Not much, just a milometer or two longer then a moment before.
    “ Are you enjoying tonight, Mr Heinze?”

Page 11 of 33 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last
Closed Thread