Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Hiding In Shadows

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The tail lashes in consternation, and the manta-wings flutter, bringing it close. It's definitely grown. A slight shiver ripples through the spirit, as it decides whether to fight for what it has, or compomise.

Impossibly fast, the tail whips out, caressing each person in turn; a thin, cold sliver sensation.... not painful, but full of the anxious trepidation of a large doctor's needle.

A really large needle.

It stops at Ash, and seems to shudder.

<<Not her abandonment/pain... not his loneliness/pain... not your failure/pain... not his anger/sibling/pain... wants... wants... this one's death/loss/pain... all of it...>>
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash looks to the others and then back to the spirit.

"What did it say?" The fact it seemed to shudder was not a good sign, surely.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus shivers as the spirit touches him. There may be no pain now, but just the memory is enough. And he had failed, again. Failed to adequately communicate what he was offering.

He turns to regard Ash. "It feeds off the pain the Banishers have been generating, and we're taking that away. It wants your ... it said death/loss/pain. I don't know exactly what it intends, but I'm sure it wouldn't be pleasant. If that isn't something you're comfortable with, just say no, and I'll try to work out a price that we're willing to pay."

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash thought about this and knew that some things had to endure whereas others succombed.

"If I accept, will it give you what you are asking, what we need?"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus nods. "It will not further interfere with us if you accept."

That settles it then.

"Do it."

Its not like he remembered any of it anyway.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus hesitates for a moment. He wasn't certain what Ash was agreeing to. How could Ash even have a clue? But then he looks into the Arrow's eyes, sees his resolve. "If you're certain."

He turns back to the spirit, his voice heavy. Knowing this was the point from which he couldn't turn back. <<We accept.>>

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh blanches. "Ash, you don't know-"

But it was already too late, the deal was struck.

She backs away from him, shaking her head. Well guess he will learn the hard way now.

She waits for what is to come, hoping Ash will be able to handle the price.

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash glances towards Ankh and shrugs before looking towards the spirit, bracing himself.

"Dinner is served," he says to the thing and its big-ol' needle tail with a sardonic grin

This is gonna sting, you stubborn idiot.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus watches the spirit worriedly, still not entirely sure what it would do. But Ash had made his choice, and, were he in the Moros' position, Animus would have done the same. Even after what had done to him the last time, seeing how much more powerful the spirit had become. I would rather it be me that payed the consequences for this. At least then I wouldn't have to worry about what I had dragged others into.

Page 4 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread