Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
The Funeral of Harry Turkleton

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

PRE

Rust gathers himself and makes for the parking lot. there was nothing else for him here.

He pauses beside his truck. Staring at Slugger in the bed.

"Good." She turns to Nightfall and gives her Archer a nod, leaving the new Summer King with his courtier. When they are out of earshot, Katrin speaks to him with a mischievious glint in her eye.

"Это должно быть интересным, нет?"

Translation

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The eyebrows went up into the unruly thatch of hair, and the hint of a smile turned his mouth upward.

He replied just as softly, "Это напоминает мне старую шутку мой отец сказал мне: двое мужчин в баре. Первый говорит второму:" Ты мне продать тысячи свиньи на два миллиона рублей? Я начинаю новый бизнес ". Второй человек думает на минуту, делать математику." Конечно, я могу это сделать, но я не буду их доставки. "Первый человек соглашается, и обе руки сделку. Оба покидают бар: во-первых, найти два миллиона рублей, во-вторых, найти тысячи свиней."

It was an old joke, and Katrin had surely heard it before -- but it was fitting, and funny, nonetheless.

Translation from Russian
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Katrin listens to the joke and bursts into laughter, sliping her arm gracefully into Nightfall's as they walk.

"Очень хороший! Да, я чувствую, что это будет очень интересным временем действительно. Вы были бы столь же добрыми, чтобы сопроводить меня к Хранившему, Стрелец?"

Translation

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam looked up at Fu as the Queen and the Archer walked away and quietly, yet with great feeling, says, "Douchebags."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall nods assent and leaves with Winter's Queen.

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu coughs back a laugh and nods. "Time to get this moving along?" He asks quietly.

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam nods at Fu. He scans the funeral and sees that some Summers have already left. "Yes. We'll get the Boys together soon to tell 'em." Barkley pauses, faced with a problem Harry hadn't. "Er...the Girls, now, too. There's two of 'em. I dunno about that new drippy girl, if she's on board or not. I have a feeling we need to talk to her more." He looks back to his Champion. "Right, then. Anyway. I'll call you 'bout the Raven, then, soon. Take care, Fu." He reaches out to shake Fu's stone paw before departing for his beat up truck.

I'm gonna need a lot more money to keep the Court from goin' round like paupers. Godsdammit.

Fu
    Fu

PRE

"Alright, I'll see who I can encourage to see the glory of Summer." He shakes Bar...the King's hand. "You too, see you around." Fu watches Barkley walk away and then makes his way over to the hole in the ground. No one was going to mess up Harry's burial.

The old King is buried as a new King comes to the fore and it seems that Winter is close to an end. However, there is always time for one last cup of Sorrow....

End Scene

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread