DISPLAYED
In the Shadow of the Bridge

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Continued from Under the Bridge...
    While investigating the Tower Bridge, the mages are sabotaged by a sinking ship. After a desperate fight against bulky clothing and icy water, most have made it to shore.

The boat pilot is surrounded by police and EMTs, and each of the children has been whisked off to the hospital. The three mages have been warmed with blankets, and they all get the feeling they --and the teacher-- are next to be questioned.

In the distance, a few boats slowly canvas the surface of the river for the remains of the boat, and the missing child.

March
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Orphan

PRE

Orphan is in sad shape. Chilled to the bone, his body racked by his scavenging it for Mana and completely unarmed, having given up his pistol and his batons in the water. His cell phone is waterlogged. Still, knowing he saved a kid that might have otherwise drowned helps boost his mood... even while one kid still being among the missing eats at him.

"We're the reason they were put in danger in the first place," he thinks to himself. It is not a happy thought, and even less so given that they'd accomplished nothing for their efforts. The mission was a failure, one child was missing and probably dead, and many more were traumatized.

Really, he just wants to get home.

Are Orphan, Jack and Jordan alone enough to whisper a few things without being overheard?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Yes they are...
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Orphan

PRE

"Jack, Jordan," Orphan says, as quietly as he can while still being heard by his companions. "We should probably come up with a story quick. Any ideas?"

Turning to Jordan, he says "Good job with organizing the kids there."

Jordan never thought he'd ever be dry and warmer again. The adrenaline was wearing off and he was shaking compulsively. He had to make an effort of will just to answer.

"Th...thanks, Orphan. An idea I got from Dateline some years ago. Listen, guys...I just lost a girlfriend...y-you guys thought you'd cheer me w-with a quiet boat trip...ducks, bridge architecture...quiet enjoyment to bring me o-out of myssself." What happened to the boat...hell if we-we know."

PRE

Jack wracks his cold-muddled brain for a logical reason for the boat disintegrating before their very eyes... Almost literally...

"I-I think we'd need-d a M.I.B. flasssher thingy, or a Warlock, to try anythhhhing else... Otherwise, I got nothhhhing on a reassson for the boat dissssintegrating... Ssso yeah, I agree with Jordan'sss idea for a c-c-cover... You lost a G.F. recently? I'm sssorry, man..."

Jack pats Jordan's shoulder to comfort him, then pulls it back in to try to warm up more.

I need a new phone fast so I can check that voice mail...

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Detective Seargent Joe O'Connel looks at the men in the duck tour. Why, oh why, had he been assigned this? Right. Withholding evidence again. Was it his fault that half of the evidence he submitted disappeared?
    picture

"Gentlemen, I am Detective O'Connel. Lets start with names, and what you were doing here." He opens up the most dangerous weapon in the entire police arsenall:
    the notepad.
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

PRE

Jack decides to speak up, rubbing his arms a bit as he speaks in shivers. His voice also continues to carry sympathy for Jordan's loss.

"Hello, Detect-tive. I'm Jack Falley. We w-were j-just-t trying t-to ch-cheer up our bud-dy here with a niccce little trip on the waterrr 'cause he lossst his girlfriend not t-too long ago. Ya know, to get his mind-d off th-things?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

We'll be needing rolls for lying, please.

PRE

BS, I hate 4-die pools

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread