road trip

(2207) Speakers' Sidethread
Jul 7, 2022 - Jul 31, 2022
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus pauses for a moment. Ten months since the Ananke. So much had happened in that time. "Sometimes I wonder how many remember that, what it was like before. A lot of people have left." He falls silent for a moment, before coming back to West's question. "I help where I can. The diplomatic meeting with vampires was probably the most unusual thing I was involved in, though. For a while, I was helping Theo map the Ley Lines. Most recently, Joshua and I had been trying to track down Vector, before we discovered the whole thing with the Bridge. Most of the recent events you know already. "

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh turns the car in the direction of the Circle and gives West an odd look. "What exactly how you got in mind?"

Her tone betrays her unease about this sudden change. Something is up and she wants to know what it is before she gets there.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"There's a lot of stuff," West agreed with Animus. "When we came... there were maybe a dozen Mages, total. It felt... like the Wild West probably felt. People were getting jumped left and right."

Pausing, West added, "The Living Stones seemed like a good group."

He turned back to Ankh, not sure if she were talking about his comment on the Kruegan's or changing directions to go back to the Circle.

"Huh?"
    Nimbus

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh would have given West an inpatient look if she hadn't been busy driving. "Why are we going to the Circle?" She asks.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Zilker's got the marina covered," West repeated patiently.

Sometimes he spaced out, too.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus sighs. "Yeah, they were. It really is too bad it unravelled." Than Ankh's clarification startles him. Did she tune out for a bit? "So right now, Tug's situation is the most important thing for us to work on."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Right, right." Ankh says absently, shaking her head.

Good morning dumbass, play along at home now.

"Sorry, concentrating and all that." She lies. Sometimes her brain just stops working. "Should we call anyone else to meet us there perhaps?"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I know Ash, at least, knows about it, so my guess is that everyone who needs to has already been informed. I can check with Tug to make sure, though, if you want."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh shakes her head. "No, I am sure you have everything in order Animus. Besides, if there isn't anyone there that should be, we'll call them then."

Besides, I can't think of anyone else that isn't already involved in something. She thinks absently.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh drives in silence as she is lost in her own thoughts, assuming the others are as well. Finally the building looms up before them and Ankh brings the car to a stop. She turns and gives the boys a quick smile before getting out and heading for the door.

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread