Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Fangs A Lot

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mateo arrives at Asylum, dressed nothing like his normal attire. He is wearing a white button-up, black slacks and black vest. Black shoes complete the outfit. He barely fit within the clothes, muscles pushing the limits of them, but he wore them well.

He lights a cigarette, standing outside the door, waiting for Matthew to arrive so they can go in and have Mistress Stamford prepare.

Matthew arrives at the Asylum in a white button-up shirt and black slacks, feeling rather uncomfortable. This time of night, he would have much preferred to run as a wolf, but these clothes weren't dedicated. Add to that a general aversion for formal garb and the knowledge that he wouldn't come close to fitting in here regardless, and it was enough to set him quite on edge.

He nods to Mateo at the door. "Shall we?"

Mateo nods in return, taking one last drag off his cigarette, tossing the stub to the ground and grinding it out. He spit on the ground and then looked up with a smile, trying to mask his discomfort at wearing anything close to a suit. Wearing the flesh of Hishu was bad enough at time, but something tight and fitting on top of that was just hell.

The Lobo within begged to be let free, to run, to hunt. He swallowed his instinctiveness and put on his best "meeting face" as he walked in with Matthew. He headed to the bar, immediately getting the bartenders attention. "Hi, we need to speak to a Mrs. Cozette. Tell her its a Mr. Benavidez, she should be expecting us." He wasn't entirely sure if the woman was expecting them, but it sounded good to him.

Matthew follows, glad to let Mateo take the lead. The Asylum was far from his preferred scene, although Mateo seemed to be more comfortable with it. Matthew's sure he'll be more at ease once they're in a private room ... although a meeting with the leader of the city's vampires would of course provide a tension all its own. After all, he knew so little of them, beyond the brief encounters in the Room and the sewers and his talk afterwards with Arnold Culler.

The bartender shrugs and pulls out a miniature walkie-talkie that he mumbles into. "You two drinking tonight?" he asks, wiping the counter top in front of Mateo.

Mateo smiles at the bartender. "I'll have a crown on ice." He says, before looking to Matthew to see if he would have a drink. He notices Matthew slight edge of discomfort, but brushes it off. It couldn't be fear, he had dealt with vampires before. Maybe it was the club, just not his kind of scene. Mateo mentally shrugs, taking a sip of his drink once it is given and sits back to wait for Cozette, and to enjoy the sights of Asylum.

Matthew shakes his head. "No, I'm good." Besides, it's not like it'd do anything anyway. He sits back, waiting for Cozette to show up.

Cozette come from the back; she's dressed in a long black coat with flowing plackets, a burgundy silk blouse with an elaborate bow, and black pants tucked into knee-high leather boots. She looks as if she's stepped out of turn-of-the-century French court... or a pirate ship.

She considers Mateo for a few moments, and then looks at Matthew. "What can I do for you?"

Mateo smiles at the woman. He couldn't deny it, he found her attractive, especially in an outfit like that. He had a thing for period clothing. Must be the SCA in him. He extends a hand to shake. "Mr. Benavidez, we're here to meet with Mistress Stamford, and Mr. Clarke. Are either of them available?" He asks, politely.

"I will call him, it shouldn't take him long to arrive. Do you want to wait in the back, or stay out here?" Cozette answered. She was pleasant, but did not return Mateo's smile beyond a polite, business-like one of her own.

Matthew glances from Mateo to Cozette and back. "Not sure about you, Mat, but I'd prefer to wait in the back."

Cozette nods, and leads the men to a back room. It's the typical setup; couches and club chairs on one side, a sterile 'play' area on the other. Cozette indicates the pair can wait there, then disappears.

Fifteen to twenty minutes later, there's a knock on the door before it's opened again. Cozette holds it open for Asa, Arnold, and a striking brunette - Ishani.

"Mr. Clarke, I hope the evening finds you well. I dont believe I've had the pleasure..." He says, indicating Arnold and Ishani. This would be the normal point where he would step forward to shake hands, but he restrained his casualness. He stood facing them, eyes dominant, but not threatening.

Arnold nods in the way of greeting to Matthew. It had been months since their meeting following the Lost Nights, but Arnold still remembered the man-wolf who had pulled him and Konstantin from the sewers.

His eyes switch to Matthew's companion and he looks this Mateo fellow up and down. He immediately disliked the look of the man, and the look of self-assured-dominance in his eyes. He disliked even more the casual manner with which he referred to Asa.

"That is Prince Clarke," Arnold corrects Mateo, matching the werewolf's dominant facial expression in his own hideous way, "and I am Arnold Culler. I'm what you can think of as the Sheriff among our people in this city." By 'our people' it is obvious that Arnold refers to the Kindred in the room.

Matthew returns Arnold's nod. "Greetings, Mr. Culler. Prince Clarke, and ... " He hesitates, waiting for the third to introduce herself.

Ishani steps forward and offers her hand to the two gentlemen. She is dressed in a deep blue silk blouse that hugs her waist and a tight pair of black pants. She wears black leather boots, and a loose fitting black jacket.

"Ishani Naetesh. My position among our kind is a little more complicated to explain. It is nice to meet you."

Asa studies the pair, paying particular attention to Matthew, after watching Arnold to verify this was the same individual. "Good evening, thank you for coming," Asa said with a smile. He didn't bother to explain his position as Arnold had made it quite clear.

Below the pleasant smile, the Beast seethed and prowled back and forth even with the Reeve and Sheriff at his side. The only consolation was that the beast-men had no aversion to eye contact.

"Before we talk business, I want to thank you for your assistance," he said, reaching into a breast pocket. "In case you find yourself in similar circumstances again," Asa politely joked as he offered Matthew the keys to a Toyota Land Cruiser with Maita Toyota's logo on the key fob. "It's parked in the front, and you'll need to visit the dealership to provide them with information for the title."

Asa gestured to the seats.

Mateo makes no move to cast aside his dominant nature, that was who he was, he could not change that. Arnold seemed able, he had that air of a good fighter, something he could respect. He smiles as Arnold gives Clarke his formal title. "Thank you Sheriff Arnold, I did not know his formal title."

He takes Ishani's hand and gives her a firm but polite shake, grasping the forearm, as was common amongst warriors. He did not know her position in vampire culture, but that she was with the Prince, in a meeting with werewolves, she was either a consort or a bodyguard.... or both. It mattered little to him. "It is a pleasure." He says to the beautiful woman.

As Prince Clarke motions for the seats, Mateo waits until Matthew has seated, and then takes a seat.

Ishani grips Mateo's forearm firmly, more then familiar with the gesture. Then she turns gracefully to her seat and waits patiently for the meeting to begin. She can sense Asa's tension, but a gesture of calming would give his unease away as well as a number of other things. Instead, she keeps her eyes in the two werewolves and concentrates on her own sense of calm, pushing the feeling toward Asa like a comforting hand.

Matthew accepts the keys with a light chuckle. "Thank you for your generosity." He then gives Ishani a simple handshake before taking a seat himself.

Asa almost laughed. He'd have to let Arnold know later that the SUV was a generous offer for his immortal Requiem. He knew it wasn't the intent, and appreciated the man's graciousness... but it was still an amusing correlation. That thought, and Ishani, calmed him, and he sat as well.

"Mr. Benavidez requested to speak to me," he began. "As you were the only one of your kind we have had... dealings... with before, I asked him to request your presence," Asa explained to Matthew.

Dealings other than Mr. Benavidez fucking some ancillae... and because --from what I've read-- you're... hierarchy... isn't as unified as ours.

"So...," Asa continued, turning to Mateo, "What are we discussing?"

Arnold moves to sit down, appearing to outwardly relax somewhat. Inside he's coiled like a spring, ready to jump into action immediately if the need should arise. He turns his attention to Mateo, awaiting his answer to Asa's question.

Mateo turns his attention to Prince Clarke, he clears his throat. "As you know, I have had dealings with your people, spoken to them on amicable terms," He smiles, holding back a chuckle. "Well, Headstrong wanted a bout before we spoke and I obliged her, though I made sure not to take it too far and requested she yield so I didn't end her... unlife."

"I want to propose a loose alliance between our peoples, for mutual benefit. I am sure you know of our prowess, our martial ability. In return, we know your people essentially rule this territory when the sun sets. You hold power as much as we do. That is something I can respect, and we could both benefit from each other's abilities."

Mateo leans back, making himself comfortable. It was a show of respect to do so, whether the vampires understood this or not, he didn't know. He watches them, reading their faces, to try to gauge their reaction.

"You speak for all of your people?" Asa asked Mateo, but watching Matthew.

Matthew remains silent, although much calmer than he had been outside. A touchy question. With the recent influx, I imagine a significant number don't know vampires even exist. Can anyone be said to speak for all of us?

"I do not speak for all of us, only my pack. I am Alpha of the Sworn. Matthew is Alpha of the Shadow Seekers, his pack. As such, our word is law amongst our respective packs, and as Alphas, we are respected amongst our peers." Mateo says in reply to Asa.

"Myself and Matthew are two of the of the most elder wolves in this territory. We have both stood where others have fallen. I believe that if an alliance is agreeable, we can influence the other packs to respect that covenant." Mateo says.

Arnold speaks up with a question directed at Mateo "How do you see this alliance manifesting itself? Will it simply be an agreement of mutual recognition and a guarantee that we will not destroy each other, or is there something else you seek to gain?"

Mateo thinks it over for a moment. "Mutual recognition and the guarantee of no violence towards each other. That seems the most reasonable choice for a pact. Possibly information sharing, we can give each other information that the other wants if we have it. We have means of getting information that is... different."

"I'll keep it honest with you, a member of your people, a mutual enemy, killed three of my pack. Dog informed me that he had taken out a few of your people, high-ranking members. Something old and deadly. If there is a hunt for it, I want in. We can help your people take his head if he is still at large."

Asa listened, mulling over the idea. He knew that not all vampires knew werewolves existed; he knew even less knew about willworkers. To spread the information only gave potential enemies more resources; on the other side, if the same proportion of werewolves knew about Kindred, it would be Breaching the Masquerade.

For what, even? A lack of an 'alliance' or 'pact' with the Willworkers hasn't been an issue.

"What do you think of all of this?" Asa asked, looking at Matthew. "Are you here because you agree, or simply because your presence was requested?"

This one picks fights and fucks. You're something different, aren't you?

Matthew considers for a moment before speaking. "An attack on any of our people is something I take very seriously. Last I had heard," Matthew nods to Arnold, "he was thought to be dead, but if you had had any confirmation of this, I would like to know. Also, we are not without enemies. I'm sure the same can be said of your kind as well. It was my thought that perhaps, given time, we could work our way to an agreement to aid each other. I'm sure if either of our enemies found themselves under attack from an unexpected angle, they would be greatly weakened. Of course, I don't expect such an arrangement to be agreed to lightly, or quickly, but perhaps it could come with time."

If Bethem wasn't destroyed by the Lost Nights, his Hunger would be known by now... as would the Hunger of any whose Blood could rouse him from Torpor. And then, there's what Hatori said in the Dream.

Asa still wasn't sure what to make of the Dream, but he felt the power of those long dead coursing within him every night that he Rose.

"This one you speak of was destroyed by one of our finest warriors," Asa replied evenly. It was odd to hear Matthew speak of enemies... from what he had read, the primal shapeshifters and undead were often enemies.

"What you suggest... would also mean we would come to share enemies, perhaps putting each other at risks we have not been exposed to before. Our kind also has a very strict Tradition of secrecy. It occurs to me that this arrangement would spread word of our kind among yours, and possibly further," Asa explained.

"You believe you could influence others of your kind whom you do not speak for," Asa continued, turning to Mateo. "This is no guarantee. We might consider agreements with the 'packs' each of you are the leaders of, but we are not interested in revealing ourselves to those of your kind that don't already know of us, on the chance that you could influence them."

"Nothing in this life comes without risk, but I think it unlikely that our enemies would actually join with yours. Fighting two enemies at once is easier when they do not coordinate with each other than when they actively cooperate. Because we would be coordinating, it would still give us the advantage."

"I mirror Matthew's statements about fighting united against different foes. A two pronged blade, against an opponent prepared for a single edge, will always fare better." Mateo says, with a small smile.

He turns his attention to Asa. "Prince Clarke, I understand your concern. The People also have such traditions, to keep the herd from gaining knowledge of us. I respect that tradition, and would not violate your kind's Oaths. My pack has knowledge of your kind, and thus far have not divulged any information about you. I will have them swear to maintain that, as well."

"The People will not go about spreading word of vampiric existence." Mateo says, voice adamant. "We will protect your Oath, just as we put faith in you to maintain ours."

"Of course, you are correct," Asa said congenially.

He didn't point out that what he meant was that any 'enemies' the werewolves needed help with, would probably not suffer the wrath of the daystar; if they were to assist them, and the same enemies took to hunting the Kindred in retaliation during the day... it would be disastrous. Hopefully Arnold understood; he knew Ishani would.

"Oh?" he asked Mateo, a rare surprised expression crossing his features. "My apologies... I assumed you would be as... liberal... with our nature as you've been with yours."

"How many 'packs' are there?" he asked.

The more Arnold heard the less confident he was that this was the best idea. What he understood when they spoke of alliances against each others enemies was that he would have to spend effort to fight foes with whom he had no quarrel and of whom he had no knowledge. Arnold didn't need anymore enemies, not now, and neither did their Domain.

Arnold adds "Some information, peace agreements, mutual recognition. These I can see happening. I'd prefer that we stay out of each other's business beyond that, myself."

Ishani shifts in her chair. Until now she had not joined the discussion, but she felt there was something that needed to be said. "I do not know how familiar you are with our kind but we have weaknesses that you do not. I must agree with Arnold, I prefer not to have your enemies knocking on my door at a time when I will be to 'dead to the world' to answer it. I am also concerned with your pack issues. You two do not represent all of your people. Prince Clarke does. How can you guarantee that all of your people are as honorable and Oath conscious as you are? What if they choose to disagree with the ideas you have? What will you do to persuade them?"

She looks from Mathew to Mateo intently. "I apologize if I am coming across as forceful, however my job used to be Arnold's and the safety of my kind in this city is very important to me. If that safety, be it regarding our Oath of secrecy or our physical well-being, cannot be guaranteed with this agreement then I cannot agree to it."

Matthew nods in understanding. "Of course your own people's safety must come first. I did not realize the ... circumstances you had to consider." He hesitates just a bit before answering the Prince's question, but Ishani had revealed a rather important piece of information. It wouldn't do to not reciprocate. "We have about half a dozen packs."

Ishani considers this for a moment before asking another question. "Is there a way we could get a meeting with all of your leaders? I am concerned that you two might be in danger just because you've met with us."

Asa resisted the urge to smile. These two represented a third of their people, and unless 'packs' consisted of 10-12 werewolves, Mateo's statement about them being 'equal' in strength was far, far from the truth.

He listened to Ishani as he considered the best way to deal with these people, and their packs, internally amused at her words.

You can't protect everyone, dear. Focus.

Mateo nods to the woman. "We could get a meeting of the Alphas in order, though how soon I cannot say."

He looks to Matthew, to see if he is in agreement.

Ishani glances at Asa.

I am focused, but if these people are to be our allies then we should begin to view them as such. The safety of our allies is as important as the safety of our own.

She hopes she gets her point across. And she wanted to know what kind of reaction they would have to someone who considers their safety important.

Matthew shrugs. "It certainly wouldn't be until after our current project is finished."

Mutual recognition and non-aggression is a far cry from protecting one another.

"Recognition and a non-aggression pact with your two packs is agreeable," Asa said, "As might be information sharing. "It would be nothing more than a formal continuation of what we've been doing; however, I have no interest in revealing ourselves to the other packs. The added exposure gains us nothing but a chance of similar arrangements," he continued, with a negligent shrug that said he found the formalizing of the arrangements of little significance.

He looked at Arnold and Ishani, to see if they saw any benefit to a more extensive agreement.

What's the point? Why bother with such a treaty? It gains us nothing and they still know we exist.

She continues to examine Mathew and Mateo for a little while after Asa is done speaking.

"If you don't mind me asking, exactly what were you looking for in an alliance? Did you have something specific in mind or were you looking for what Prince Clarke has just agreed to?"

Matthew's response is guarded. I won't reveal more about us than I have to a simple probe for information. "Given the circumstances surrounding all of us, I think what the Prince has agreed to will be sufficient."

Mateo nods his head to Prince Clarke before replying to Ishani. "I am content to leave the agreement as is for now. Should something arise in the future, where expanding on our agreement is needed, then we cross that bridge when we get to it."

Asa nodded, unsurprised at the outcome... especially if Mateo's primary motivation had been revenge. They had agreed to keep the Masquerade, and the value of that agreement remained to be seen.

"Very well, I assume that you would be comfortable using Mr. Culler as a point of contact should there be any information to exchange, or we need to speak again?"

Asa and Ishani had done a fine job of addressing the issues in Arnold's mind. When the Prince looks over at him to see if he had anything to add, he simply gives a small shake of his head to show that he did not.

He takes a card from a 24-hour laundromat and jots his number down, handing it over to the Werewolves "If you get voicemail then leave a message. I tend to be busy."

They could help with O-Yama.

Ishani has an annoyed look on her face but also gives a slight shake of her head. Even though her emotional state does not reflect her calm. They could assist them with getting O-Yama out and while she did agree with Asa as to their safety with the Masquerade, sometimes one just needed to ask for help.

"I am fine going through Mr. Culler in the future. Also, as an aside, I run a smithy. Should you find yourselves ever needed a quality weapon, come to me and I will hook you up with a deal." Mateo offers as a gesture of goodwill.

Help what? Bark at the gates for a distraction? It'd be like having a dozen more Savages to raid a corporate building with.

"Thank you for the offer," Asa said. "I... run a fetish club, as you know," he added with a smile... a hint of the predator coming through.

Asa paused, considering. He didn't know of any lore that let Werewolves infiltrate, but there was a certain advantage that was undeniable in having an enemy that didn't expect activity during certain parts of the day.

"Actually... we have a colleague being held captive," he finally said. "Do either of you have any... abilities... that could be useful in freeing a person from a secure location?"

I'm not wild about being in debt, either. Then again, maybe we'd call it payment for 'services rendered' by Sofia.

Had they been alone Ishani would have given Asa a withering look for the barking comment. Instead she merely shifts in her seat again and gives him a dark glance. She knows the wolves probably caught it but they would not know where it came from or what it was in relation to.

They do not know werewolves exist as far as I can tell. It would be a definite advantage. Quit thinking like a god dammed politician and think like a warrior for once. I know Karsh taught you that much.

The thoughts are tainted with venom, then sudden surprise at his question and a bit more at his thoughts.

Sofia? What are you talk- Do I even want to know?

Matthew seems genuinely surprised by the question. "At the end of our previous meeting, Mr. Culler disappeared before my eyes. Would not such abilities be ideal for such a situation?"

Very ideal... sans electronics.

"Mr. Culler has a hard time doing that during the day," Asa said with a smile, turning the answer back to something they knew, rather than new information.

Mateo thinks for a few moments, listening to the conversation. When Prince Clarke asks the question, he thinks for a moment. An idea came to mind, and if applied properly, it had potential to go flawlessly. "If the place has a locus --"

Matthew growls at Mateo, "Enough. Not everything needs to be made known to outsiders."

Mateo stops mid-sentence. "You're right. Suffice to say, we have means of bypassing the security of the Herd, or Kine as you call them." He says, realising the mistake he was about to make.

"We can get in, and get out, and with some trouble, bring this colleague with us."

When did Mateo learn vampire terms? Kine?

What's a locus? And what's special about it to them enough to be secret?

"So it would... depend on the location," Asa clarified. Not that it needed clarification, but it gave him time to look at Arnold and Ishani, curious to see what they thought of revealing Horizon.

I have no idea. How much information do you want me to give them?

"If you can get in and get him out, then you would be helping us a great deal, but also putting yourselves in a lot of danger. It would be a large risk."

She didn't want to give them all the information without Asa's ok. It wasn't that she wasn't willing to trust them or give them a chance, but the Horizen people already knew a great deal about them and it had led to disaster.

Asa waited as moments dragged into minutes, wondering if the Harpy had scared them off by mentioning danger.

Matthew sighs. "It's difficult to commit to anything without knowing more of the details. Where is this facility? How would we recognize this colleague if we saw him?" And how can I be sure Mateo won't try to divulge more information that is better left secret?

Your call, Sheriff.

Ishani gives the location of the complex, tired of debating on whether or not to trust the werewolves. If they can help get O-Yama out then she'll be more then willing to assist.

"His name is O-Yama. He's tall, bald, and probably in some very sad shape by now. I don't know what they are doing to him in there but I know that they have been doing something to him. It's hard to explain how we know, just take it that we do. I know they know something of what we are and have been doing experiments of their own. I think they've been trying to either duplicate our condition or twist it to their own means. Either way you should be warned that you will most likely be coming up against things that have a similar condition to ours. Of the foes I have fought, they can armor themselves with reptilian like skin, cloak themselves, and they have some wicked claws. I don't know what else they may have behind those walls though."

She glances at Asa, hoping he will not be mad at her for this. "Their security is ridiculously high. Cameras, traps, and a lot of armed men are all over the place. It's like the complex is funded by the military or something. It will be extremely dangerous."

Mateo listens to Ishani's description with very close attention. He looks to Matthew and shrugs. "I say we atleast check the place out, might be some damn good fun to be had from the description."

Matthew's gaze jerks to Ishani in surprise. "I know this O-yama. It's a ... complicated story, but I will do what I can to help him." Why's he so eager? Hasn't it occured to him what type of spirits might congregate around a place like that?
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

2. Likes West liked this post

Firebringer

PRE

Why don't you invite them to the haven for fondue and Scrabble?

The thought rippled with amusement, and he smiled at her glance. One day she would be Prince... and she had already been Sheriff; he trusted her judgment.

More thought was broken by Matthew's comment, and Asa arched a brow in surprise.

Ishani suppresses the urge to slap Asa as she looks at Mathew in surprise.

"Oh." She says simply, considering her next words. "All right then, how would you like to go about this? If you need some recon I can take you to the complex and you can have a look at it. Unless you want to do this all on your own."

For a moment, it looks like Matthew isn't going to answer the unspoken question, then he relaxes. I guess Mateo's slip-up is making me too jumpy about sharing information. "It was around the time I ran into Mr. Culler in the sewers. I felt a moment of disorientation, and then found myself in a room, with no doors or windows. O-yama was there, as were a few others who belonged to neither of our peoples. I cannot say for certain what the room was, but it was more than a mere dream. We were able to exchange contact information, which I still had after I was ... returned. I later helped him investigate a rogue, ... Ramon, I think the name was."

To Ishani's question, he replies simply, "I would much rather we explored on our own."

Ishani nods her understanding and remembers talk of this room from others in the domain. That was a long time ago.

"Yes, I figured and I understand." She galnces at Asa again but decides he's left her to run this part of the show and continues. "What other information do you need?"

Matthew glances at Mateo to see if he has anything to add. "Nothing else I can think of."

Mateo nods to Matthew. "Nor I." He says, simple and to the point.

Ishani looks at Asa and Arnold. "I think we are finished here then?"

Arnold had sat there, listening in rapt attention. The new information coming in now was as confusing as it was promising. Somehow these Werewolves possessed the ability to infiltrate a building that they could not? And what was a locus.

The meeting went on as Arnold quietly mulled this over, letting Ishani ask the questions - she did a fine job of voicing the opinions in his own head.

When the meeting appeared to be ending he stood "Matthew has my contact information. If for any reason you need to get in touch with us then you can contact me and I will act as liaison."

Asa nodded his own agreement as the meeting began to wrap up.

"We appreciate your assistance... I'll have to get you a VIP card," he smiled at Mateo, before turning to Matthew. "Would you like one?" The question came with a hint of amusement; he doubted this one would ever return to the Asylum unless it were on similar business.

Ishani stands as well and prepares to leave. She gives the two large men a smile and wants to tell them how much she appreciates their help, but she knows that showing too much gratitude would also show the desperation at trying to get O-Yama free. Instead she merely gives them a nod.

"Thank you for your asistence. You are also welcome at Reverence if you feel the need to unwinde. It is more of a gothic industiral club however and does not offer the same tastes as Asylum."Matthew shakes his head with a slight smile. "No, I don't think I'll be needing a card. Thanks for the offer, though." He stands and prepares to leave, shooting Mateo a "we need to talk" look.

Mateo smiles at Prince Clarke's offer and nods his head. "Thank you, that would be nice." He catchs Matthew's look and nods almost imperceptibly. He knew he had slipped, he knew he would probably hear words for it.

He turns to the vampires and extends a hand to shake before leaving, forearm clasps for Ishani and Culler, a firm shake for Prince Clarke. "It was a pleasure meeting you two, I hope the rest of the evening finds you well." He resolved to send the three of them a gift, a show of respect between them.

Asa stands, and nods in agreement. It had gone well, and hopefully something would come of it.

Then we'll know the price of their assistance.

You want to stay a bit and play?

4. Likes West liked this post
Closed Thread