Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 17
DISPLAYED
The Job

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jose smiles "Not at all. You came highly recommended by one of your former employers, who wanted to remain anonymous. That was how I got your contact info, in case you were wondering. They told me that your grandfather was a master, but that you weren't too shabby yourself."

Kiera nods, pleased again with his quick and seemingly honest answers. "Yes, well, he is quite skilled but he is also the one that is rotting in jail right now. I didn't get caught in France and I won't be caught here, I assure you."

Jose simply continues to smile as he takes a briefcase from the space at his feet and pulls it up onto his lap where he clicks it open. He hands Kiera a photograph.

The photograph is of a large, expensive looking home. On the back of the photo an address is written down.

"The photo doesn't show it, but it's surrounded by a wall, about ten feet high."

"The house belongs to, let's just say, some politician. He's got some documents and photos that spell trouble for me and some colleagues of mine. They'll probably be in his office, but if not then it'll be up to you to find them."

Jose hands her a sheet of paper "These are the files I need you to get for me."

"The place is probably guarded, there's probably alarms, I don't know. It's your job to do the research and take care of the job."

Reaching into his pocket he takes out two stacks of cash and hands it to her "This is $15,000. You'll get 25 more when the job is done."

"Hm.." Kiera looks over the pictures and the documents thinking that the house could be a real pain in her ass. He could be lying about this so-called politician, it could be owned by another crime lord and the files for black mail. She's about to tell him the job would be expensive when the fifteen grand is slipped into her hand.

"I'm liking the way you deal Mr. Aguilar. Give me a couple days to gather some information on the location. Also, another meeting place and time of your choice. I always say put nothing on paper you wouldn't want coming back to you," she hands him the note that had fallen through her mail slot earlier that day, it was some pretty incriminating evidence to be delivered by an every day mail carrier. His boldness was less appreciated than his fast answers.

"We'll meet back here. You name the time. I'd hate it if you didn't have long enough to get the job done."

He smiles as he takes back the note, crumpling it in his hand as he does. He doesn't reply to her veiled rebuke of his methods, only asks "Is there any other questions about the job?"

"No, sir, I think I can find out everything else I need to know about the place," she says tucking the money and information he gave her away in a leather pouch she brought. "I'll be in contact with you."

Jose simply nods, reaches across and opens the door for her. The meeting is over.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2