Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Preparing for the Tour

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

PRE

Jack thinks for a bit while looking at his phone. "Hmm... Originally, it was gonna be you and Jordan casting a Fate Sight and me and Tam casting Prime. As it is, though... I guess just cast whatever Sight you think will be as Potent as possible."

Jack moves his laptop to his bedroom, touches up the rune on his chest, then comes back to the living room while adjusting his shirt.

"Since ours is probably gonna take a little over six hours, Orphan, you can start whenever. Feel free to grab anything to drink if you need. Tam, I'll go ahead and lead since I've drawn a rune on me already, unless you can cast rituals quicker?"

OOC

Orphan

PRE

Orphan nods. "It will take me a couple hours to prepare my best shot. So, which Arcana were incorporated into those knots again?"

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Mana, thinks tam with a sigh. She sits up straight on the couch and closes her eyes. Drawing mana from her own pattern, she a dull aching pain ripple up through her body from her toes and fingers to the top of her head. It leaves her feeling lightheaded.

A trickle of blood comes from her nose. She catches it in her hand, before it stains anything. She reaches for a tissue.

"Six hours? I might be able to do it quicker than that. How about this. We cast the Sight on you, since you have the rune, but I lead the ritual. It should only take about half the time."

OOC

Orphan

PRE

Orphan is stunned to see Tam scouring her body for Mana, and inflicting harm upon herself in doing so, not realizing how low on Mana she was. "Shit, we definitely need to close on that place, and soon," he thinks.

"Hey, before you do the casting, hold on... I can help you both out some."

Orphan first casts Exceptional Luck, on himself, succeeding after an initial, unsuccessful attempt. He then uses that to bestow Exceptional Luck on Jack and Tam. Then, grasping the kanji necklace he calls upon Superlative Luck. He manages to avoid the grasp of the Abyss, to exceptional result.

"Alright," he says, dismissing the Exceptional Luck he'd cast on himself. "I'll need about 4 hours to do my casting. Good luck to both of you."

Casting

Results: For the next 12 hrs, or three rolls, Jack and Tam both have Exceptional Luck. For the same timeframe, or 9 rolls, Orphan has Superlative Luck.
    Total Cost = 4 Mana, 2 Willpower. Status updated in signature.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

While Orphan is casting his spell, she says quietly to Jack, "Do you have anything for me to mark myself with a rune?"

PRE

Jack presents Tam with a permanent marker. "Here ya go," he says with a smile. He turns to Orphan real quick, "Thanks for the buffs, Orphan."

Finally, Jack pulls up the usual Imago of bright colors shining from everywhere, including the Bridge, and chants in High Speech for the first half of his ritual, using some of Orphan's luck to boost it. He decides to take only a short break to grab some fluids before going straight back into it without Atlantean words, though he boosts his chances of opening a wider rift through the Abyss once again.

spellcasting notes

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam lifts her shirt and uses the marker to draw a Rune on her belly. Then, after dabbing her nose to make sure the bleeding has stopped, she starts to chant, focusing her mind on the Imago of woven energy patterns. Her ritual becomes cyclical, fading from chanting to meditation, to rote motions, back to chanting. She takes one break to fill her belly with water, then a second break to relieve herself (in the toilet). By the time she is done, she is worn out, but satisfied with her spell. She is finished a couple hours before Jack, so she goes through an easy yoga routine, then meditates quietly, trying to find a reserve of mental energy.

spellcasting notes

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

Note that unless Tam spends another willpower to alter spell factors, the Potency of her ritual is 10, as declared at the beginning, rather than 13.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

We'll assume all rituals finish at the same time, giving Jack and Tam both free time and taking ~4 hours, putting the group at mid-day. Please keep signatures up-to-date.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam rubs her eyes with her palms.

This is going to be a long day.

Tam will spend the extra WP to use the full potency.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread