Off To Visit Mama

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

4 suxx
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

The diamond. That got a reaction. Crunk's body stiffened at the mention of it and it seems like he tries to resist but seems to sag, defeated. Munching on the rest of his cookie, the King looks to Asia as she speaks, lip reading with ease.

"I MADE A DEAL...." he starts, completely forgetting about his music. "A DEAL THAT WENT DOWN BAD!" Taking a sip of milk to try and wash away the cookie, Crunk is actually figuring out how to swallow something else.

His pride, no doubt.

"I SWORE IT ON MY KEEPER'S NAME! NOW D'YA SEE? I CAN'T LEAVE!"

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

This was one of the reasons Nightfall hated hanging out with the Lost. Aside from the main reason -- massive drama attacks -- someone always had to fuck up a conversation with talk about Pledges, or Keepers, or the Hedge.

It wasn't that he dismissed such talk, or didn't respect it's importance... it just shattered any illusion of normalcy. He could convince himself that Miens weren't that odd -- especially with cookies and milk -- but not now.

"Well, damn, dude, Katrin's going to be mad at me," he commented with an eyeroll.

"What was the deal?"

He was certainly no Pledgesmith, but maybe there was a loophole. Even if there wasn't, he knew his Queen would ask.

Asia frowns and looks at Nightfall. She felt like there was something that just went over her head and she didn't even see it. Suddenly she wants to leave. The urge to stand up and just walk out is so overwhelming she almost does it. A spark of anger ignites within her and it takes her by surprise. She has no idea why she is suddenly angrey, or why she feels the need to drop this entire thing and go home. She shoves the urge and the anger aside, she'll deal with that weirdness later.

"No, I don't understand. What was this deal and who was it with?" Her voice is a bit colder then she expected, but she doesn't apologize for it. She doesn't feel like having to pull the information out of him like stubbern teeth. He will either give it up, or she'll take his answer to Katrin and leave the situation at that.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

"LISTEN RIGHT, I COULDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE PLEDGE. I FUCKED UP, ITS DONE. THING IS, I SWORE IT ON MY MUTHAFUCKING KEEPER. NOW D'YA SEE?"

Crunk really hopes they understand. The thought of Her makes him want to bolt.

Asia sighs in frustration. He swoe it on his keeper, which means if he breaks the pledge he'd have to go back.

What have you done, Crunk?

Asia puts a comforting hand over one of Crunk's and looks him in the eyes. "Tell us what happened. We bay be able to help you. Please?" Her tone is soft, almost a whisper. She wants to help him, but she has to know what the problem is before she can find a solution. Her eyes flick to Nightfall for a moment. A look of pleading comes over her face to him as well.

Help me here?

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Asia doesn't want Nightfall's help; Nightfall wants to know who the hell is in the hospital -- if it's Bernard's fetch -- and the nature of the agreement.

Mainly because if Bernard has renounced his Sovereignty, Nightfall just might pimp slap the dumbass.

Crunk rubs his eyes. He looks weary and not at all his usual self.

Having a broken pledge on one's shoulders can do that. For the first time, he is not shouting.

"When I came here, I was nothing. Like most, it took time t'get settled, now what I mean? 'Course ya do. Besides, I needed the backing. So, I made a pledge. I would bring forth a time of greatness to the freehold, rise it from the ashes." That last sentence he makes a dramatic gesture with his arms, smiling wide.

"Someone has been working against me. Someone has forced this pledge to be broken. Someone who knew the degrees I swore on."

Perhaps paranoia comes with the territory.

Asia nods in understanding. "All right. Who would have known about it? Who would have sobething to gain frob this pledge being broken?"

She glances again at Nightfall and wonders what he is thinking about all this.

Crunk just shrugs.

"Dunno about knowing 'cept my Sov-brothers and sis, and only they would succeed in keeping their own time on the throne longer. Actually," he says, eyes lighting up, "maybe one of dem were behind it!"

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread