Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
What A Tangled Web We Weave.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Aisa drives back to Treasured, Nightfall in the passenger's seat. She is anxious to get to Mama Crunk's and find out what is going on. It seems odd that Crunk would know someone is after him and equally odd that he would not discuss it with anyone.

She glances at Nightfall as she turns onto the street of the antique shop. The radio is off and the silence is deafening, although of course it doesn't seem to bother Asia. Something else is on her mind and without warning she blurts out a question.

"Do you take anything seriously?" Her tone is mild, not accusing. Just a friendly question between two individuals.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

A confused, puzzled, surprised expression answers Asia's question, and Nightfall signs over the silence, "Maybe... do you think I don't?"

[banner]nf[/banner]

Asia gives him a smile, as if to say she is not trying to judge him. "I think you try not to." She shrugs and pulls into a parking space. She turns off the car and moves in her seat to face him, better to read his lips.

"I have the tendency to take things too seriously. I noticed you have a very carefree attitude. I was wondering if that is the way you are, or if you work at it?"

Maybe this is just a bad idea and she should go about her business not trying to get to know this person. However, on the other hand if she is going to be working with him to find out what's going on with Crunk then she needs to know. It is a tricky tightrope to walk for her, but she felt it necessary to at least put forth the effort. She doesn't want him to think she is a cold uncaring bitch. Whether that is the truth or not.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Oh, I work at it sometimes, but it's also who I am," Nightfall shrugged. "I take things seriously, but I also try to remind myself that... we only have moments. It can all be taken away."

He paused, then smiled. "And what about you? Do you ever stop hiding?"

It's said in the same mild tone she used, and he turns to face her so that she doesn't miss any of the words.

Asia is slightly surprised by the question even though she really shouldn't be.

"I ab.......working on that particular flaw. I spent bost of by durance alone. It is difficult to aclabate to other people. And sobe of the other Lost are very odd to be." She shurgs and then gives him a smile. "For instance, a few weeks ago I would have told Katrin I will not work with you. Today however, I think agreeing to have a partner was a good idea. So, I ab achieving sobe progress I think."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Well, aren't you glad you did?" Nightfall asked. He gave Asia a winning smile and opened the door.

"Try not to stare at my crotch in front of the Queen, though," he added, the smile becoming wicked and accompanied by a wink. "She might think I wasn't taking this Crunk thing seriously."

With that, he got out, and headed towards the door.

Aisa gets out of the car, her face a very bright red as she enters the antique shop.

"That........I.........." She finally gives up and shakes her head trying to ignore the comment all together.

I cannot believe he said that! Her mind is swirling with different emotions. She can't possibly be mad. It was indeed her own fault for being so obvious. But he'd said......

"Let's us forget about that, shall we? Unless you'd rather I pursue that kind of thing." She stops at the entrence and looks around as she speaks, wondering where the Winter Soverign is hiding this time.

Please let this be quick and painless.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"It's up to you," came the reply, as he held the door open for Asia. "If curiosity is going to distract you, or it's been a while..."

He looks amazingly sincere, as if he was offering to help her fix a flat or something similar.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

She regards him for a long moment before responding. "Baby I will take you up on that when we are finished with this Crunk business." She pauses, looking around the store again. "If you're good, of course."

She steps further into the shop and enters the kitchen. Maybe the Soverign wanted another cup of cocoa?

Where the hell are you when I need you, woman? Her face turned away from Nightfall, she can feel her ears burning from the blush creeping back up into her face. Staying quiet was definitly the way to go, moron.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall didn't rise to the bait, other than to give Asia's backside a caress as she passed. Following, he began looking for the Winter Queen as well, absentmindedly touching the long, metal canister in his toggle coat's breast pocket.

Was he good?

After an incident at a drive-in with one of his students, now he carried protection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread