Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Shovel, the Jester, and the Armoir

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Rosh

PRE

Spade makes his way into the Hostel whistling a happy tune. No dreams last night. Did that mean the weeks of nightmares were over? Spade hoped so.

Under his arm was a wooden case and a folder brimming with printed paper. Clutched in his other arm is a bundle of nice store bought flowers.

Spade makes cursory glance over the building with his Supernal Sight. What had Pandora seen days before?
    Not knowing how long the scrutiny of the piece in room 201 would take, Spade doesn't linger long and soon enters the lobby. He places the flowers on the reception desk and smiles to who ever is sitting behind the desk.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The woman looks at the flowers like Spade's just shit on her desk. Which; he has. Aside from the flowers, it's compulsively neat.

The flowers are soon spared the baleful glare as it falls on Spade.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Rosh

PRE

"Flowers." Spade states. "You don't like them?" Captain obvious is on a roll. Spade looks the to flowers over, glances to Miss Glare and back again. "I gues I'll have to find another wondefull clerk to give them too then" Spade Shrugs and picks the small pot up and lugs it with him to the elevator. His boyish smile not even cracked. At least not until the the elevator doors slide shut.

Wolf, here is a good point to jump in to follow Spade up. I'll hold till tomorrow bro then I'm trucking this thread onward.

w
    wolfman1911

Joker entered through the main entrance, just as Spade had before. He wasn't sure what was going on here, but Spade had asked him to come, so here he was.

He looked over the lobby, and saw Spade in the elevator just as the doors started to close.

"Hold it!" He called as he jogged over to the elevator. "So, what's going on here?" He asked once he was inside and the door was closed.

Rosh

PRE

lol, For the sake continuity Spade met Joker online though the FC's forums. And have met before at some point. *shrug

"Its Joker right?" Spade asks hefting the flowers to rearange his case and folder, all to press the second floor button. "Our Order just refounded, there is a chest up stairs imbued with some form of Techne. I'm here to make sure it won't kill a guest."

Spade waits for the elevator to stop and the doors to open before continuing.
    "You don't have any skill with Imbues do you?" Spade turns the key to 201 and enters, placing the fowers on a nearhby table.

Spade's phone rings.

[nar}See Communications.[/nar]

w
    wolfman1911

"Can't say that I do. I'm not all that great with the inanimate, actually. And apparently I've been at this for less time than I realized, what's a Techne?"

He followed Spade, close enough to converse, but at enough distance to not seem like a sidekick.

Rosh

PRE

"Techne. The application of Spellwork in a modern context." Spade replies closing his phone and slipping it back in his pocket.

Spade sets the Folder on the bed, some of the paper sliding out a bit, and then open the wooden case on the dresser of the room. Its a crystal kit for Sleeper style 'crystal healing'. Whether there was anything supernal behind crystal healing or not, a crystal was a crystal.
    Spade slips his patriotic pentacle off his neck to use it as a focus as he call up his Supernal sight and then layouts the structure for analyzing imbued items.

Spellwork

Once properly prepped, Spade flips open the folder and straightens it. They are printed pages of objects with a listing of what the objects were said to be able to do. No mention of specific Arcana or practice.

Spade sets himself down on the bed and studies the armour, scrutinizing the object for ten, fifteen, thirty minutes. Searching it's resonance for any hint towards its spell composition. What did was this piece of furniture enchanted to do?

Analyze Imbued Item says target of a Scrutiny roll is double Arcana, but also points the reader to the resonance rules? Is the Target roll used to reveal the working of the Imbued item?

w
    wolfman1911

"So, what does it do?" Joker asks somewhere among the thirty minutes that Spade spent just staring at the thing.

Rosh

PRE

"Not sure. There was a map and all the vital papers for this Building. See the FC sigils at the corner. I think it is just sort of safe. But..." Spade trails off, absorbed in piecing the amour puzzle together.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread