Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Checking the Docks

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

PRE

Jack drives over by the Tower Bridge and finds parking as close to where the stairs leading to the docks were as he can. Before getting out, he looks around to make sure people aren't looking towards him, then he turns to the side and leans down a bit to make it look more like he's rummaging for something as he casts his Supernal Vision rote.

Feeling the spell take hold, Jack gets out of his car, locks it up, and as he walks down the stairs to the docks, he looks for some sort of sign that indicates "rentals" or for some sort of kiosk or shack.

Spellcast

Not much later, Jordan pulls up to an open slot towards the end of the lot. He got out of the car, and made his way towards the marina entrance, wondering if Jack has arrived yet.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Jack's in luck!

In the distance, he can see Sacramento Yacht Charters. If he's ever fantasized about livin' like P. Diddy, he can make those dreams come true today.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

Might as well walk, Jack thinks.

As he walks towards the building, he sees Jordan outside it.

Huh? What's he doing here? Jack looks at Jordan with a mixture of confusion and surprise as he gives a sort of half-wave that shares those same feelings.

Jordan waves back, then trots in Jack's direction.

"Hi, Jack. I was feeling guilty about your bearing the whole expense of the boat rental. God knows they don't offer us a budget for things like this. I came down to chip in."

PRE

Jack's confusion lifts, which he replaces with dawning understanding. "Ah, I was wondering about that. Thanks. Let's go see what's available for [date] or around then... And hopefully still stay on the cheap side."

Jack opens the door and walks in, but holds it open until Jordan catches it before continuing into the entrance hall.

Jordan grabbed the door as Jack went in.

"Sounds good. Did you get the communication from our other partner?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Feel free to use that website to make decisions, posts, etc. If they ask them about cheaper stuff, there's Mik's Jetski & Boat Rentals about 8 miles upriver.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

Jack nods. "Yeah. I was actually gonna text ya to suggest that you come later on on [date] because of that, since you'd otherwise just be sitting around my place for hours while I get stuff done. However, I wanted to get the time down for this before making the schedule."

Jack walks up to the desk and sifts through brochures. In particular, he looks mostly at the Duck tours, being familiar with a similar attraction at the Wisconsin Dells he went to with his family while he was in high school, and water taxis to get an idea of price and what sort of paths each would take.

Jordan spoke quietly to Jack before he started on the brochures.

"Later is good. Now, I don't know much about boats, but whatever you find needs a shallow draft, considering our destination."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread