(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Are you one of those who believes there are always things they can improve on?” it was something she, personally, had believed. “I like to think each of us is in a constant state of improvement.” Though there were some who saw themselves as perfect and would never strive to improve. “I hope you do make more, as this is exquisite.” It was going to draw a lot of attention. "And I'm sure to be getting numerous questions about it." which could mean business for him if he was willing.

It was new to her, someone remembering something she mentioned. Sure, some Kindred did, but that was usually for other reasons, personal gain, gaining favor. This didn’t feel like that.

“I don’t offer praise lightly.” Or regularly. Or usually at all. But this work had truly blown her mind.

“A Bianqing?” quite sure her accent was butchering how the name was pronounced. But nothing she can do about that.

Oh, this was only part of it?!

Catching the nod to the other large box, she will begin to open it, carefully. As she does, “How is the wine? Trying to decide if I should offer it on the menu.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

That's an interesting question. As someone who believes all things have an ultimate hidden truth how do I view perfection? 'That's difficult to answer, I say now I have yet a long path to take. I do not think it a brag to say I have learned well the skills of my craft but to tread into the realm that few if any truly have managed.' Cutting it a little close there. 'That I am still far from. After all how many Masons are held in esteem by the history books.' A reasonable cover. 'But until I reach such a pinnacle yes I will strive, once I am there I will have to look and see what is to been to seen regarding what comes next for me.' As for it being a state. The transition of skill when does one classify as a master or an expert in a craft? It is not so readily measured as other things. Conceptual transitions such a new and nuanced set to consider, to understand. 'Few enough think as you do, it is refreshing.' It is clear he is both impressed and has been caused reasonably deep thought by her statements.

More? of this piece. The compliment does spark unexpected feeling of gratitude though and the gentle smile that shows through his eyes, a rare thing, says as much. 'Your praise is deeply apricated, a delightful change. The bereaved understandably offer little.' Not that I do this for praise or money but it is nice. 'You gave me total freedom with your commission a large risk for a craftsmen you barely know, never mind having never seen my work.' Even if you have it wouldn't have my name on it. 'That freedom is no small part of what enabled this to turn out as it has.' I was able to find a piece that met all my criteria. 'So thank you for takin that chance.'

Eyes alight. 'Yes its Chinese in origin. Starting to make a bit of a return as well. But this design is based of those they unearth from tombs and palaces of the dynasties. The oldest is a forty piece set from around twenty five hundred years ago.' Which explains all the boxes. 'I settled on a twenty piece set, but more can added just as easily if you'd like.' Lets not get ahead of our selves there are still some surprises in store.

The second large box contains a second stand, just marginally smaller then first designed to rest on top of its counter part, only this stand while it has the two rottweilers and nine more distinct butterflies. totalling eighteen each with the hooks underneath, manages to put the first to shame. (Masterwork, Difficultly -5, E-suxx). the coat of the dogs is sanded in such a way that the texture reminds of a rough fur coat, the butterflies done so to be reminiscent of the silky smooth touch of their wings. The canines look ready to sit up and bound forward such is the life like quality to them, much the same the insects ready to flap free and take flight on Stoney wings.

As this box is opened he sips the wine again an expensive vintage that's for certain. 'It's lovely thank you. The hint of black cherry and violets wonderfully balanced, neither overpowering the other.' I wouldn't have minded something fuller bodied buts that purely preference as a vintage it has nothing to worry about.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A hint of a smile, “I don’t see it as a brag either. After all, you’ve put in the time, energy and effort into your work, and it speaks for itself of your talent.” So let the piece speak. Chuckling, “As an Italian, numerous are mentioned.” A few sculptures came to mind. “I’m glad you’ll keep seeking improvement, after all, none of us are perfect and in some way, are always a work in progress.” Even she was. But it always amused her when people seemed impressed by what she says. Few knew the level of her intelligence.

The nod offered was more subdued, “I can understand how someone going through a loss is not in a place to appreciate the work you’ve done. Maybe once the pain eases and life begins to move forward, they will have the chance to truly see the craftsmanship.” She understood a little about loss, but the exact emotions and, well, feelings, have slowly drifted away over the years. Then a light shrug, “Everyone who works with their hands to create something deserves a chance. A lot of the paintings I have accumulated over the years have been from street artists. Talent comes in many forms.” It just needs to be given the chance. “You are most welcome, I’m glad to have been able to give you that freedom. I believe an artists true passion comes through when you let them design whatever moves them.” And she has yet to be disappointed.

Now he had her full attention, she was truly listening as he spoke about what the piece was.

Affascinante!
    comes the Italian, then a pause, and chuckle, “Apologies, fascinating!” sometimes the Italian just happened.

As each piece was unboxed, an inked finger gently touched the dogs and the wings of the butterflies. “Simply impeccable.” Each detail taken in, nothing missed. “I hope you know this is going to be displayed here, and there will be questions about it. What information are you comfortable being shared?” she wasn’t the type to just give out information on someone. “And also,” pausing, “does the piece have a name?” an important detail.

There was a nod to Gabriel, who in turn, made notes on a piece of paper. “Excellent. It seemed like something that would be a nice addition to the wine rotation.”

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Its a fair point, one he had not considered but not one he can't answer. 'A good point some have endured to match their work. But when compared to painters or musicians the number is lesser and does tend to show the work overshadows the maker.' And I wonder how that impacts sympathy does it help in endure longer or erode faster? 'After all by who's hand were castles raised? or by who where the crypts of the kings and queens shaped?' It's rhetorical he knows many people had to be involved. But it all started with one mind.

But even street artists show their work first. Either way. 'Then you are blessing to artists everywhere. What pieces have stood out to you?' For someone as clearly wealthy as Sofia, it was rare to encounter a mindset that could be seen as philanthropy towards unknown artists, rather then seeking the old pieces. She has wealth but is not caught by the trappings of greed, she continues to astound.

The slip into Italian is of no bother to him having a few colloquialisms of his own that simply didn't seem to be known in the West coast. 'I'll explain a little more once it's put together, before we see if it passes the final test.' Something I am utterly unable to determine myself. Speaking of. 'Would you be so kind as to give me a hand, the second piece sits on the top of the first and its a little big to move alone.' He will put his glass down and step forward to help, after all he knows the precise positioning.

The potential for display had been mentioned in the bar and something he accepted. Now I used magic near it but not on it, the the spells instead guiding my hand. how traceable is that? He takes a slow breathe in while he thinks on it. 'What it is, what it does, the history behind it of course share away.' Nothing restricted there. 'I won't make vanity pieces.' Of that he was certain. 'If someone just wants a well made piece of stonework they can look elsewhere, if they have need, a piece with purpose or meaning or as you did to see what I can do given free reign to find purpose. Then my number can be given out, with the understanding I might turn it down, and will always prioritise my tombstones.' Those are usually pretty time sensitive. Speaking of tombstones never needed names, beyond those they helped recall so it was not something he was in the habit of doing. 'It does not. Maybe we can work that detail out once you've seen everything put together.' That's something to wonder should I pass how long till I am forgotten despite works that would linger long past me, unnamed, unclaimed, unknown?
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“As much as I hate to admit it, you are right on the front. One tends to remember the piece they see, and not pay attention to who the artist is. A shame really if you ask me. Perhaps it rests with the creator themselves, maybe they choose to not be mentioned. I think of it as there are artists who create for the love of creating something beautiful, something that sparks emotions, and that being remembered isn’t as important.” A shrug, “All speculation as I’m certainly no artist, just simple observations over the years. But I believe in credit where it is due.” And the proper credit would be paid to him with this piece. If that’s what he wanted.

Chuckling, “I would hardly call myself a blessing.” Not by any stretch of the imagination. “And to answer your question, I have to ask, professional pieces or ones I’ve bought from street and student artists?” she had favorites from both sides.

A nod as she moves to help with lifting the piece. Sure, she could have had Gabriel do it, but this was a personal piece.

Listening, there was a single nod, “Fair enough, your wishes will be respected, and conditions followed.” This was a working relationship, and as such, respecting the others wishes was important.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Finishing the glass of wine he listens to Sophia speak, the effortless way she commands the attention of the room means he holds on each word. 'That was very well said.' Hit it spot on. 'Those who are to busy trying to make a name for themselves are not spending that time making something truly great.' I can think of a few others reasons but for a sleeper that was very good. And why the train of thought regarding his own demise was brushed of with ease.

Slowly, carefully settling the second stand atop the first. He claps his hands together. 'Perfect.' This is followed by a light shrug. 'Both if you don't mind sharing.' A gut instinct told him her taste in art would be curious if not out right interesting to hear about. 'And just a quick warning the rest out the boxes are laid out in order they need to be attached left to right.' Left most box goes on the left most hooks of the stand it was next to. 'These aren't as exciting to look I'm afraid, but the most necessary part of the piece.' It couldn't work without them. 'The assembly is pretty simple hooks go through holes so none of the threads cross or tangle.' Looking at the eighteen boxes. 'This is yours so would you like to do it, or for the sake of speed should I chip in?' Not wanting to take the chance to open what was now hers but also aware doing it eighteen times could get a little tedious.

Followed by a nod. 'I appreciate that.' Okay I think I'm skirting the line decently here.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding with understanding, “Exactly. I find art more moving than anything else these days, it’s impact can be felt for years, even generations.” With the right piece of course.

“Not at all. Lets see,” mentally going through her extensive catalog of pieces, “there is one professional one I always have hanging. It’s called The Young Martyr by Paul Delaroche, and it never goes into storage. Then I’m enjoying an abstract painting by a student I met at a local gallery, I rotate it in with other art of a similar style. It’s a river at night, and the way she’s managed to add hints of color here and there make the image stand out, it’s quite remarkable. I’ve offered to sponsor her through the rest of her classes.” And the thought had crossed her mind to setup a scholarship program.

“Seems straightforward, but having your assistance would be welcome.”

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

With the prospect of some fiddly work coming he does doff his suit jacket to give his arms a little more room to move. "You speak of experiences of the soul, the way in which art can reach hidden depths of symbolism or meaning. Paul Tillich had quite a bit to say on that, have you ever read him?" Foray into Philosophy aside. "And the zeitgeist of course can bring new life to old pieces, if allowed, if it even should?'' The questions is interesting which caries greater impact traditional message or up to date interpretation.

A shake of the head. "I'm unfamiliar with it I'm afraid, what captivates so about it?" When he heard martyr and art he had thoughts but ones informed of stereotypes. I would hazard a guess at some renaissance piece about religion and sacrifice. The art student however gets a good natured chuckle. "You would not call yourself a blessing and yet your tales are those of changing lives and making dreams come true." He is looking to the boxes but he can not hide the smile, one of respect for someone willing to take a chance, reach out and make positive change in the world rather then succumbing to it.

In not to much time at all, each of the eighteen L shaped plates? have been hung from the correct hook. Each is it's own piece of masterwork (-5 difficulty) in terms of precision, uniformity and care but eight of them are almost idealised version of the concept (e-suxxs) perfected versions of the simplistic shape. Once assembled the Bianqing tells and it's separate pieces tells the story of an artist who is consistently, comfortably masterful at his craft yet straddles the line between that and true greatness.

Dusting his hands off. "There we go, all together at last." Looking now to Sofia wondering is she had worked it out yet. "So what do you think of the finished product?" It would seem he has at least a small flair for the dramatic as he is clearly holding back on explaining exactly what the L shaped objects ad to the piece.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“That’s what I look for in art, I want it to speak to me, I want it to invoke thought, have meaning. Not to mention it’s always interesting to me to hear what other sees in paintings and sculptures, have an intelligent conversation about them.” It was just something she enjoyed. “Can’t say I’ve read him before, but I’ll look into him.” Having something new to read would be good. “New life into old pieces isn’t a bad thing, if done right.” With respect.

“I recommend looking it up, I don’t have it hanging here at the moment.” It was a more personal painting for her. “I’m drawn to how the artists remarkable ability to capture the emotions of those portrayed in the piece. There is not only strong emotion, but a spirituality that invites discussion of religion and sacrifice. I don’t see the religious aspect of it personally, I understand what he was trying to show, but I’ve always seen something different. And hearing that others see and feel is fascinating.” Some saw it as being dark and depressing.

A nonchalant shrug, “I just enjoy investing in various things that spark an interest in me.” She was a business woman after all.

When the piece was put together, she takes a step back to look it over. The perfect pieces were noted, as they stood out. But they didn’t diminish the other pieces, they all flowed together.
    “It’s a remarkable piece, not something I have seen before. The craftsmanship is superb, and the flow of each plate is impeccable.” She slowly walks around it, dark eyes looking it over, “I think it’s perfect.”

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

It's a point to consider and gives him a moments pause. ''It is also true that many less then masterful pieces can inspire such conversation or be though provoking. An arena not restricted to the great. It makes one wonder just how many go unnoticed because of the perceived stereotypes of what makes art worthwhile.'' An expression of the soul, something that can be messy, broken, but in it's truth perfect. ''And now I have to ask if that's what you look for, what does my piece say to you?'' What does my art say to someone clearly so well versed in the field?

He nods taking a mental note of the name. ''I will and next we meet.'' A little presumptuous of me but not unlikely. ''I'll let you know my thoughts.'' I wasn't miles off then. How entwinned the ideas of martyr and religion have become. ''That's fascinating. The artist intended religious narrative or undertones and yet you see something else entirely.'' Which is the truth I wonder, or are they both elements of it? ''Do you tend for more classical or abstract pieces then?'' Abstract has a lot of room for different responses yet the piece in question sounds more classical.

His grin doesn't falter so much as he gets it under control. ''I'll keep that in mind.'' Still better ways to spend your money then most.

He nods in acceptance of her praise. ''Perfect? I think not.' Beyond the tiny flaws and details he could see done better in some over others. ''Not until.'' And he reaches down to his jacket and withdraws something wooden from the interior pocket. ''Not until it's tested.'' Standing he holds a wooden hammer with a small head. ''You see the the forty piece one discovered in the tombs covers a range of about three octaves.'' He holds the handle out to her. ''If I got this right yours should cover one.'' And I don't have the ear to tell. He's waiting for it dawn on her, what he has really made.
    Health
    Mana

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread