(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “That is true, and you make a valid point. How many pieces go unnoticed? Probably a depressing amount of them because some only care for the name or if they’re hanging in a museum. I believe true art and talent invoke thought no matter the status of the artist or the medium.” Hence her investing in students. Smirking, “Well, sculpture is a new art medium for me, I’ve only recently begun to explore and invest in it.” Taking a step back, she looks to the piece again,

“As someone uneducated in what exactly it is, it sparks intrigue first and foremost. Invoking thought of a different time in history, a time of,” pausing, a slight head tilt, “tradition. I don’t know why yet, but I get the feeling of tradition from it, its purpose to inspire. The Rottweilers are grounding, providing a sense of security and comfort. Where the butterflies display a reminder that we can all grow and change from what we are or were.” A look to Mason, “Again, sculptures are not my specialty.” But giving enough time, she could develop a better working theory.

“It’s why I was so drawn to it, aside from how aesthetically pleasing it was and how the colors used were quite striking. I have a feeling it could be in part due to my upbringing, religion has never played a part in my life, so my mind is not trained to see it in everything.” Or maybe she just refused to see the religion in it. “I tend to favor classical pieces, more from the Romanticism period.”

“Perfect is subjective.” What she sees as perfect he clearly doesn’t, and that was ok. Oh, now that is curious.

And like that, pieces begun to fall into place. It was an instrument of sorts. The look on her face was one of surprise and then delight, “Sneaky.” She says with a smile, accepting the small hammer. So if he got this right, meaning he wasn’t confident in his work, or he had no ear for sound. Well thankfully, as a trained pianist, and a Kindred, she had a trained ear.

“Lets find out then.” Proceeding to use the hammer gently, to tap one of the pieces, eyes closed to listen.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

The topic reminds him of a story. ''It's very much like the story of the master and the unknown artist who competed to determine that very thing. The master painted grapes so well it fooled the birds who flew down to try and eat them. The unknown painter paints the cloth used to cover his easel so well that if fooled the entire audience, and none believed it wasn't real until each tried to pull it away only to discover it was painted.'' A very long winded way of saying don't judge a book by it's cover. ''Have you heard that one?'' His summary was rather lacking.

Listening to her break down of he symbolism thoughtfully. Tradition is right on the money so that's good. The dogs and butterflies were just personal touches so I imagine she reads into those what they mean to her. ''As you say as long as it has provoked something then it must be doing alright. I was just curious to your perspective.'' Now is post modern subjectivism all parts of the truth wrapped up and split apart or the opposite countless false leads to further enforce the lie? ''Thank you for sharing.'' He offers a smile, warm and appreciative.

He laughs at that. ''Across the pond it's almost impossible not to see religion everywhere, society is still very entwinned with it.'' Starting to grow more distant but very far from being able to go without it influencing you. ''I'm a little surprised by that the way we are speaking of depths of meaning and hidden value I will say I was expecting more abstract.'' But fair enough. ''Is there something that draws you more to the classical?'' Curious to see how he made such a mistake.

When stuck the stone chime peals out a note. Clear and distinct if one of the exceptional pieces is struck the note is indistinguishable from a modern grand piano if one of the masterwork but non expectational pieces is stuck there is the slightest deviation only a professional or someone with very acute hearing would be able to pick up.

Chambers lacks both the musical skill and the hearing and thus looks to Sofia awaiting the judgement of his efforts.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

An interesting story, “Not a story I’ve heard, but I respect the point it makes. Something to be learned from it, and I hope more are able to hear it.” She had been the victim of being judged by not only her ink, but what she was. A Gangrel, a Savage, unintelligent. But secretly, she enjoyed being judged because it made truth that much pleasurable for her. “Judging without knowledge is a dangerous thing to do.” Even more so in her world.

“And yourself? What does it say to you, after all, you crafted it.” Would he see something different? Or would it align with what she saw? This was the part of art that she loved, the sharing of visions and thought.

Chuckling, “Oh, I am well aware of the religion being thrown in your face,” pausing, “after all, I did grow up in Italy.” And he was right, it was impossible not to see it. “But my parents were not having it.” And she was glad for that. Looking thoughtful as she thinks over the question, “I’m not entirely sure, but I do enjoy the darker colors they tend to use. It feels like the artist doesn’t need bright flashy colors to get the message across, and I like that.” Because bright colors were just not her.

The Savage takes the time to strike a few of the pieces, noting the differences in the sound quality. But it wasn’t unpleasant, it was still a remarkable sound, one she had not been expecting. A pleased smile spreads across her lips as she opens her eyes and looks to Mason, “I don’t know what I was expecting to hear, but that wasn’t it. It’s remarkable that such a sound can come from it! I’m now curious to learn how to play it, and see how it pairs with my piano.” Could they compliment each other? Eyes turn to the piece again with wonder and awe, Magnifica.”

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

''That it certainly is.'' He agrees whole heartedly. After all finding the truth behind the lie is very much my speciality.

He looks to the piece and then to it's patron. ''I see something rescued from time. It carries a weight of tradition yet personalisation, as any piece that graced the halls of palaces should.'' No machines to churn out replicas then. ''It tells me of something that could only have come to pass by a specific series of events and shall never be again. A statement of itself if you will.'' I could do it again but would I? it would not have the same meaning, the moment for such feels like it has passed. ''It represents actualisation.'' Of a moment, of potential, of the will to bring something into being. ''And discovery.'' He might be talking about the process as much as the piece here.

He inclines his head, Italy trumps the uk for heavy handed religious culture. ''They sound very wise. Your folks I mean.'' Dodging the religious element must have been hard Italy. Given she is talking to man whose main colour is grey he can appreciate staying away rom the brighter palette. ''The depths of the darker spectrum often go unappreciated but I can see what you mean.'' Should I learn to paint properly next? the thought perhaps unbidden but not unappealing.

He waits patiently for the review, confident in his skill and the truth that reinforced it but unable to hear any difference between the notes put forth by the chimes as Sofia moved between a few of them. So it passes. His eyes close for a moment in satisfaction. ''I'm not musical myself, so to find out that solid stone could do that was quite the surprise for me as well. I'm very glad it meets your approval.'' The satisfaction has spread to a smile. Oh now that's another nice surprise. ''If you do learn please let me know I would love to hear it played properly.'' Something he had never considered prior is that otherwise he would never know the true extent of what he had made. ''The chimes should be hung in the same range as a Piano if that helps or hinders I do not know.'' But might be useful for her to know.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

An arm cross across her chest, as the others elbow rests on it, her hand placed beneath her chin. She was taking in what he said while looking at the piece. “An interesting and intriguing take.” Another look, “I can see it, speaking of a time when everything was created by hand, each piece made unique by its creator. Not something you see a lot these days, which is quite unfortunate. Though perhaps, through others seeing this piece, it will inspire them to create.” There was always something special about handcrafted.

Nodding her head a single time, “They are, and it allowed me to form my own thoughts and opinions on the matter.” Plus the church typically didn’t pay for services her family offered. Then a nod of agreement, “It does, so few pay it any mind and few have the talent to truly pull them off in a painting. I believe it takes a special talent to be able to make them work and still portray your vision.” She was certainly no painter.

“I actually intend to do some research on this, I’m curious if it’s the way the stone is cut, the way it is hung or a mixture of both. Because stone to make that sound is just mind-blowing. Imagine the one who discovered it, the surprise!” like who would think a rock would make music. “I certainly will reach out if I’m able to either find something online or even someone who offers lessons.” But knowing her, she would figure it out on her own. There was a nod to Gabriel, who in turn, made a note of what Mason said about hanging them.

A smile to Mason, “Noted, and there will only be one say to find out. And I’m very curious to learn which.” A bit of humor in her voice.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Another thought he had not considered. Will that lead to other realising their truth of a way for the lie to warp my work into further hiding what should be known? ''As long as it inspires them to work with their hands. I have heard of some who would rip off other artists work cheaply with machinery then try selling it as the real piece.'' He has managed a smirk. No machine could match this. ''My hope is it makes them look back to times when things were not so connivant or at our fingers tips to times when value was placed in the graft and the effort it took.'' Not perfect but steps backwards, steps towards what was are still better then steps away.

That he considers. ''Perhaps it takes someone able to see deeper to understand that darkness incorporates all colours, is unique yet is itself an vast array of subtly.'' To see that darkness is not an absence but something in and of itself. ''A perspective not shared by many for an art style not many would attempt.'' Not being much for art history this was just vocalised thoughts.

And then he smiles, genuinely and fully. So I have inspired someone at least to expand their knowledge and learning, I consider that a success. ''It seems the work has inspired you already, I am glad.'' And curious to the results. But things he himself can find out. ''That being said it feels bad to turn the conversation but.'' Pulling a brown envelope from a trousers pocket. ''Seeing as the piece has passed every test put before it, it seems an appropriate time to discuss cost.'' The envelope is the same brown as bills are posted in. As much as this leaves a sinking feeling in my gut I do have bills to pay.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“You know what, that would be a welcome inspiration.” Too few knew how to use their hands these days. “There is nothing I hate more then someone who rips off someone elses hard work. It’s why I try and work with the artist when I can, if not, then I have a contact who takes care of it for me.” She held no knock offs in her collection. Smiling, “It’s refreshing to hear someone else get it, gets the value of hard work.” And a Kine at that, go figure.

“Darkness is a part of life itself, something we cannot escape. So to be able to look at it and see beauty, well, it’s a thing not many possess.” But she also had a dark sense of humor and air about her. Maybe it was that she was Kindred, or maybe it was just who she was. “I hope more artist attempt it, I see it as a way to push yourself as an artist, get out of your comfort zone and see what you are capable of.” But not many liked to be pushed.

Another smile, “It has! I’m always looking for inspiration, and am glad this has sparked it.” Now how successful she would be remained to be seen.

Being a business woman, the change in topic didn’t phase her, she knew it was coming, because it was business. An inked hand accepts the envelope with a smile, “But of course.” It’s opened, and she nods, “Now would you prefer cash or check?” it was obvious the amount listed didn’t bother her or ruin her pleasant mood.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

His smile is appreciative. ''Nothing worth having was ever gotten without it. Hard work I mean.'' Skills, progress, achievements the physical and the conceptual it applies to all. ''I have to agree to hear someone else place value on these things is a most welcome change from the state of things.'' But that hard work in the hands of sleepers is yet another tool of the lie. How frustrating. ''Your ethics are likewise admirable to being beyond fault, truly.'' She must be the rarest of people to have all of this and yet retain not just standards but highly ethical ones.

''I couldn't agree more.'' Darkness is. ''It is so much more then just the reflection of life.'' Would I call it beautiful though? I'm not sure interesting. ''Have you ever walked down a country lane at night in winter? Light snow falling, no electric anything for miles?'' That, that was beautiful.

He smiles glad he has achieved something with this endeavour beyond a pay check. ''I very much look forward to seeing where this inspiration takes you.'' And with her work ethic he meant it. What else will come of this choice, where will these ripples spread?

Then inclining his head in gratitude both for her willingness and her ready acceptance of the price. The choice however was unexpected. ''Cash would preferable.'' Harder to trace, and taxes don't take a chunk. Philip would be proud. The wry grin he attempts to hide seems related to whatever crossed his mind rather then the conversation. ''Where do you plan to display it if you don't mind my asking.'' Looking around the restaurant a little curious to see if he could picture a likely spot.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ethics? If he only knew the things she had to done in her years, and it makes her chuckle to herself. As an apex predator, she did what she had to, to survive and keep her Domain safe. Ethics wasn’t her thing. But it was a cute sentiment.

A nod, “I have. Back home there are many small towns that don’t have electricity, I find them to be welcome sanctuaries. A place to center yourself and just recharge.” Plus, back then, not many people had electricity. Age was a bitch.

“Then cash it is.”
    A motion of her head to Gabriel as she hands him the paper and he disappears. Focusing back on Mason, “So many forget the freedom having cash on hand provides.” It was easier for her to move around.

She too, looks around, “I was thinking of rearranging the central dining room, making it the focal point. A piece this beautiful needs to be in a place where it can always be seen.” Stepping back, she looks at the space again, nodding, “Yes, that will be the plan.” She’d have some movers come in and take care of it. “I am truly excited to hear the talk it will cause and all the questions. I was also thinking of hosting an art night here, displaying some of my collection, and this will make for a wonderful addition.”

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Seemingly a little distant. ''When you speak of beauty in the dark that is the kind of scene I recall. The utter stillness, the serenity, the absoluteness of what feels like a moment held in time, hiding in the veil of night, something lost, known now oh so briefly.'' Where did that come from? He gives himself a little shake to clear whatever poetic notion had seized him.

I wonder if it will come in a briefcase? A smile and nod go to Sofia and also to Gabriel. Chambers is not above offering thanks to staff for their efforts. ''Thank you. And yes sounding rather like a broken record I do prescribe to what are often considered outdated ways of living when I can.'' Not always possible. ''I just find them, better.'' They require more input, more engagement.

Oh come now it doesn't require all that does it I just thought by a wall or something. He is clearly taken aback at the importance the instrument is receiving. ''You honour me. When you said display I had not thought something so prominent.'' Being off kilter he falls back on a tried and tested plan, bad humour. ''There is something ironic to a Chinese instrument receiving the Feng Shui treatment.'' A gentle chuckle helps him re centre on what's actually happening. ''Speaking of display now that is fully constructed. Would it be alright with you if I grabbed a picture for future reference?'' The piece was hers after all and he respected that.

A full display, now that would be a sight to see your collection does intrigue me. ''I think that sounds like a wonderful night.'' He is clearly intrigued by the idea.
    Health
    Mana

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread