(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Located in the heart of downtown Sacramento, stands Vino Veritas, one of the finest Italian restaurants the city has to offer. The food and the wine are authentic, with one of the most vast collections of wine and spirits around.

Once through the expensive doors, one would find a coat check and place for the Maître D’, both of which were currently empty. But waiting for Mason was Gabriel, in a suit. From the coat check, you could catch a glimpse into the main dining area, dimly lit. Tables and booths were scattered, an extensive bar could be seen, a rich dark mahogany, as well as a wall with numerous wine bottles on display. Looking up would show more dining areas, but these were private booths. Off to the side was a rich red door, closed, but a sign indicated it was a lounge.

Gabriel would lead Mason into the pain dining area, where tables had been moved off to the side in preparation for his arrival. Ale was seated at a table, wine bottles lined up in front of her with tasting glasses setup. Notes were being taken on a notepad as she put a glass down. Hearing the two enter, she puts the pen down and stands, smiling, "Mason, good evening."

@Chambers ReubanBrightwood
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Once he knew where he was going he had done just enough of a quick search to find it was way out of his price range. And consequently there is only one way to dress when attending such a place The woollen, dark grey suit the finest formal clothing he owned, it added an air of weight to him as if the usual contemplations that ran through he mind mattered. The grim gravitas he often used when dealing with the bereaved or the soon to be dead. Yet if he had known the restaurant would be closed he might have loosened up a bit.

Still never mind. He pushes a Platform truck that supports twenty wooden boxes labelled fragile, strapped down to each other and the truck. Two would seem sized for things about as tall or long as person. The others each a bit larger then an a4 piece of paper.

Moving with effort despite the trolley he cannot help but be impressed with the venue and looks around as he is lead to his host for the evening.

He offers a smile in return, letting go of the trolley so it can free stand. 'Sofia. Thank you for making the time. How have you been?' A hint of concern in his voice. Does she look a little pale or is it just the lighting? 'Your restaurant is incredible.' It's clear great effort had gone into it. And it had begun it spawn doubts if his creation would hold up.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

(-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink)Vitae 2 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Gabriel would offer to assist with the trolley and moving any boxes if directed, but it would be notable that the man was quiet. Only nodding and motioning.

Picking up her suit jacket, she throws it on, which does cover the two ink sleeves on her arms as Gabriel walks over. Seems she was off tonight, and simply nods, seeming to focus on the jacket as she moves the stolen Vitae into her dead body. “Mason, thank you for coming to my restaurant. Been a bit off, please excuse me, I’ve caught that bug that has been going around, it’s simply wiped me out.” Sure, it could work, being sick does make people look sick and pale. Least from what she remembers. A smile appearing as she steps around the table, “But business doesn’t stop simply because you don’t feel well.” Actually, when was the last time she had been, well, actually sick? “How have you been?” always be polite.

Grazie! But my apologizes for the poor lighting.” A hand reaching for a remote and increasing the brightness in the room.

“Are you a wine man?” asks the Italian, “I’m tasting some newer bottles that have recently arrived, trying to find the best ones to use on the menu.” She was no expert, but she was beginning to figure out what her tastes were.

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Mason does busy himself with Gabriel's help carefully unloading the twenty boxes so each is in an order ready to be opened, this of course takes a few minutes. One large box with nine smaller next to it in two rows. 'Thank you.' He address to Gabriel. Assuming he is staff, or a friend of Sofia's.

Performing the clap, wipe combo with his hands when he finished. As he turns the brighter light would revel despite the attempt to dress for the place he has something of a tired look about him. Bags under sunken eyes, the slightly fevered look of someone who has not slept properly in days, more stubble grown in then prior meetings. 'I'm sorry to hear that. On the mend I hope?' She doesn't look near as sickly with the lights up. 'I've been busy.' Gesturing to the collection. 'This proved both more challenging and inspiring then I could have imagined.' The lengths I went to in achieving it say as much. 'I see what you meant when space and cost were no issue.' Good thing to this wouldn't fit just anywhere.

He looks to the bottles. 'I've been known to dabble on occasion.' If it was alcoholic there was a good chance he had tried it before returning to the tried and true bitters he favoured.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Gabriel works, moves the boxes, and just nods when thanked.

The Savage just watches, “Quite a few boxes Mason, I’m quite curious, and excited to see what they hold.” Were the piece multiple ones? She wasn’t sure what to expect, and it was actually...nice.

An eyebrow arches with a smirk, “Seems I’m not the only one under the weather.” Or was the Kine one who overworked themselves? An act she understood, but it tended to not show on her. “For the most part.” So far, this could be a Kine she could come to respect somewhat, from how he described the work he had done. Not many seemed to want to put the work into anything. “Challenging and inspiring are something everything should provide. Anything less and is the project even worth it?” maybe to some it was. Chuckling, “It’s a vast space, with even more upstairs and beneath.” Of course, there was a wine cellar. Soon to be more she hoped.

“Do you have a preference? These are mostly reds, but I do have some whites.”

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Usually when someone ordered a gravestone he had it out when it was collected, no need for the pomp and ceremony of a big reveal, the situation did not call for it. The etiquette behind more artistic deliveries however is new to him and he assumes Sofia will want to open the boxes. He Gestures to the nearest large box. 'I would start with that one and work across, from there.' It was after all hers.

Waving a hand dismissing the notion of his own health. 'Just some long days. When something grabs my focus I can let things like proper sleep slip a bit.' And the hollowness of his pattern told him more then the ache in his hands, or the unsatisfied feeling in his stomach from eating reheated leftovers, that he was drained. I would need to improve yet further to make things like this with any kind of regularity. Yet he has the air of one who is satisfied, without regrets. 'I didn't know how to would compare to my regular work.' How can anything compare to the supernal weight of my task? 'But I was happily surprised.' It made me question how, when, why and for what I use magic. Important steps on my own path something I should not neglect.

Eyes widen slightly he had been to focused on the delivery and thus he hadn't realised it was an offer, thinking rather it was just polite conversation. So he takes a beat to consider 'That's very kind, thank you. I'm partial to a full bodied Tempranillo, Macán, if there's one going.' Sweet and smoky, perfect for his palette.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dark eyes will note the box he indicated she start with. Seemed he wanted her to open the boxes, which was new to her, but she was game.

As she begins to open it, “So what was inspiring about it?” she asks, “And what was the most challenging part?” those words had stuck out to her and she was curious. Inspiration came in many forms, and it was different for everyone.

A motion of her hand was made and Gabriel picks up a leather folder and hands it to her. She opens it and looks over what she had out currently, “Lets see, I don’t have a Tempranillo currently up here, there are a few in the wine cellar. But I do have a Brunello di Montalcino that I’ve been tasting if that would work.” A quick glance down again, “A young and old.” The flavors were quite different to experience. If Mason will accept the alternative, Gabriel will pour a glass and hand it to him as Ale continued to open the box.

Without looking up, after closing the folder, “If your heart is set on the Tempranillo, I would be happy to have a bottle brought up for you to have.” A rare offer from her, but if his work was done well, then she didn’t mind gifting it to him. As well as paying him, of course.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

The crafting glimpse has a lot in it, I complied all the roll results at the bottom so you can just scroll down if if that's easier

He steps back to give her room. 'I was worried that I would find the lack of my usual purpose difficult.' Blunt but he had explained as much in the bar. 'Yet be it that I found an effective compromise or something I do not fully understand.' Questions unanswered. 'As I worked the stone and it took shape sometimes so willingly that it almost wanted to be reach its end, sometimes fighting for all its worth to deter me from imposing my design. I found new vistas of understanding, of expression and in some small way deepened my understanding of what it is to be a mason.' All true, all double speak.

The first box will open to revel a masterwork (-5 difficulty) piece two Rottweilers about two feet tall sit at attention between their mouths is a bar six feet in length (the dogs act as the stands at either end) the bar is marked with nine different butterflies sculpted so that the sanding creates different hues of stone for their patterns and markings clearly visible, each butterfly resides above what can only be described as a series of hooks hanging from the bar. The detail, the precision, the symmetry are all excellent, the coats of the rottweilers show musculature, tooth, claw and eye, patterned coats and tails all clear defined and sanded smooth. What sits in the box is the bottom stand of a Bianqing cared from a pale grey marble.

He will accept the alternative. 'That will do just fine, thank you.' He will hold his glass for the moment.

'The challenge came largely in the size. Something of that length and frailty risked cracking or crumbling if I stuck the hammer wrong at any point. The entire frame felt every blow it was rather nerve wrecking.' He tries to gauge her reaction. It's an usual piece to be sure, and Sofia clearly accustomed to very high standards.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small nod, “It can be difficult to step outside ones comfort zone when it comes to your craft.” She’d attempted it a few times with her butterflies. “That’s inspiring to hear, I’m glad you were able to expand your understanding. Do you think you will continue to do such pieces in the future?” it sounded like it had been a wonderful experience for him.

One thing about the Savage, it was very difficult to surprise her. Living as long as she has, she has seen it all and then some. But what she unboxed was truly a surprise, a wonderful surprise. The Italian pauses, taking a step back to take the sculptures in of the rottweilers in, everything was looked at, every detail.

Then the butterflies.

Her voice, almost a whisper came, “You remembered my dog and the butterflies I mentioned.” Surprise in her voice, a hint of disbelief. No one ever remembered small details about her.

Composing herself, “I must apologize, I’m not familiar with what the piece is. But it is truly remarkable Mason, and I don’t hand out praise lightly. Breathtaking, in every way.” Her words honest. “You’ve exceeded every expectation I had, some I wasn't even aware of.” She had expected some small stature or something, but this? This was amazing.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

That was an interesting question. I would not be able to expend that amount of mana regularly and keep my pattern close to full. 'There are still some skills I want to work on, get better, faster at being able to do before this becomes a regular feature.' But I have pulled a little history into the current world, I think it's worth it. 'But eventually yes I think so.' If stone can become one thing, and by the same process another then what defines the moment of transition? The question had plagued him during the craft and the best way forward was to make many different things and in doing so try to understand the moment.

He slowly sips his wine, savouring the vintage. Which also helps cover the small smile that creeps across his face as Sofia steps back. A good start. 'Of course. I value keeping the details of the dead with us, unforgotten. But the details of living do not matter any less.' And she has yet to see it all come together, the final surprise.

He holds the piece in his own gaze still able to see tiny imperfections, perhaps only noticeable because he knows what he managed with the second. 'Thank you for your kind words.' There was no need to apologise rendering someone speechless is maybe the greatest compliment I could get. 'This is the bottom frame of a Bianqing. I'll explain more once it's fully assembled.' Given I only found about them while researching that's no surprise. 'I would recommend the other stand box next.' With a slight nod to the other large box.
    Health
    Mana

16. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread