DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

I am aware of the no reveals via tossing around powers . If you actually want to use powers please feel free to ask anyone that qualifies

Cough* *Wheeze* * 'Cough 'Sorry I' Cough.* Hack.* *Cough 'Think I'm.' Cough* *Cough* *Wheeze 'Haven't been that.' Cough* *Cough* 'Helpful.'

A little waiting becomes inevitable as Chambers takes a step away for the heat and stench and dust into clearer air turning so he can wipe at his face with a not to dirty part of his jacket. returning when he has some degree of composure back.

Once back he shakes his head. 'No sorry.' *Cough* 'Engines aren't my forte I'm afraid.' *Cough* 'Thought I could lend a hand, but we've seen how that went.' *Cough* Goodness knows I've been no use here.

He will take a look but he knows nothing of engines he doesn't own a car never mind need to service one. 'Still I'm sure all the things you put right.' *Cough* 'Have got to have helped some. And Been appreciated.' *Cough*. Would this be worth learning? probably but its finding the time and place to do so.

-----------------
    The catalytic converted is clogged meaning full replacement is needed. That or pouring the right cleaning fluid in and running the engine.
    -----------------
    Health
    Mana

2. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ya got it clean, so that helped," Circe wasn't thrilled. Oh the mundy having a coughing fit was amusing, but overshadowing it was the bad news.

The thing wasn't leaking, it was clogged. Not something easy to fix. Pouring distilled water down it would be a possible fix, but she didn't have that. You needed the right stuff, and she didn't have it for a bus.

"We fixed what caused the break, not what is broken," she slaps the catalytic converter. "This is jammed. I don't have the chems fer cleaning it," she informs him, "And I doubt we can bullshit it with what we got."

Not unless the bus had the cleaning fluid in a kit for some reason. Chemistry wasn't her forte. Else, she'd not go to Betty Boom for bombs.

Hmm," Circe folds her arms. She does have a small shop vac that MIGHT be able to gut some of the blockage out, but it'd be like the Brief Repair trick. A temporary fix with low performance. Suck one side, blow the other, suck the first. Then reverse. Circe restocks her toolbox with what was taken out, pocketing her Hedgespun tool, and closes it. "Vac it? Unlikely, but more chance than doing nothin."

She looks at Mason with a shrug, "Worth a shot. Or just sit and wait, I'm easily bored though. Be back."

Circe heads back to her Charger. She needed to look for the shop vac.

1 success

There is only one problem with this plan for using the shop vac for this. She has a broken dust buster in her trunk, wanted the parts for a project. She doesn't have the portable shop vac with her. Circe will be gone for a few minutes trying to find something. Leaving Mason alone with the exposed catalytic converter.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

I've asked youngblood and had it confirmed that all powers bar those already listed as exceptions in the rules for shards are banned so no power use

He nods appreciatively. Nice of her to say but just about any goon with arms could have done that. Probably with more grace to. 'Well if it helped that's a good thing.'

'As you might have seen. Engines not really my thing.' *cough* 'So whatever you think is worth a go I'm'*cough* 'Ready to try and help with.' I have plenty of ways to make this happen but none of them are wroth the risk for this. Sorry Mary.

With the head mechanic gone the unhelpful apprentice will go knock on the window on the bus to ask if they have any of the chemicals Mary had mentioned. No such luck. Turns out the city doesn't equip every bus for the eventually of each possible engine failure.

After that he will just wait and watch the engine trying to piece together an idea.
    Health
    Mana

6. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

ooc: No worries. I was pretty sure that it wasn't an exception, being this isn't a Nexus shard.

Mason hear naught from Circe as she searches her car. Then, he is quite able to hear Circe's, uh, response to the lack of a shop vac, "Oh fanculo! Non θ cosμ! Dove cazzo di diavolo θ quella fottuta cosa?! Cazzo, merda, cazzo!"

Followed by a lot more words in Italian that includes heavy repeating of various Italian cusses with a similar translation. Had this been a children's program and Circe speaking in English, the censors would've had their work cut for them.

She comes back and the air seems to Mason like it is boiling from her clear rage. Though fortunately for Mason and the driver, she isn't directing it at either of them. "Hey, driver?! I don't have shit that'll work for the converter. How long til the tow arrive?"

Often when somebody demands a broken down bus move out of their way, it'd get a rude reply for lack of patience. Circe? She just tried to fix the damn thing and got all but one problem patched. The driver give her a little lee way with the more kind answer. Though clearly wary.

"I ain't mad at you," she tells the driver with a serene smile. It then sours into a angry scowl, "I'm pissed out whoever is supposed ta maintain these things. Fuck them hard," she growls at the last part, bringing to mind a predator ready to tear out a throat. She had nothing and growls in frustration. "Well," she turns her rage to Mason, "Now what?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

His attention grabbed by the cascade of angry Italian. And then as Mary storms back over by a burst of heat that must surely have come from the engine.

He half listens to her talk to the driver as he pokes his head into the engine compartment just to check nothing had combusted or caught fire. And if it had you stuck your head into an enclosed space on fire. Think next time. But at least it hadn't or not obviously anyway.

Although she might have. 'Yeah it sucks Mary but you tried and did a dam good job.' Trying to soothe the Beautiful Angry Italian. 'Sometimes it just doesn't work out. But considering you had no warning or prep time it was a heroic effort.' He takes a deep breath and coughs a little. But its getting better. 'Now. Taxi, call a friend or walk it.' See plenty of options. 'If waiting isn't on the table. If it is I'm happy to wait with if you want.' He seems far less phased by her anger then he has been by her flirting in previous encounters. 'If your meeting someone or need to be somewhere call and let them know you might be delayed.' Just sensible.

He checks the traffic. 'For me I think it'll be a walk. I don't want to go out into the road again.' Not the way my days going. 'Unless you need someone to watch your car I was only going to the library anyway.' She deserves someone giving back to her after the lengths she has gone to.
    Health
    Mana

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mason's praise gets a weak smirk from the Fairest.

Then Circe snorts as ain't that the truth. She'd never have gone blue if things worked out always. Talking down an angry Summer isn't easy. "I have too much shit in my car ta leave here," is her reply to his alternatives. That some wasn't. She didn't need certain packages opened. Or the car stolen. "Go with plan B," she pulls out her phone and sends a text quickly.

Along with a second text of bring me a bus's catalytic converter now if you want me moving now. "I'm good ta watch my car. Not sunning on the roof, bad for the wax job ta do that," Circe jests with Mason. "Ya can go and hit up the library. My boss can't be pissed at me being late when it's," she checks her watch, "Who cares, I'm stuck behind a broken bus o'clock."

And then she was back to her special Summer mentality. Fight or fuck it. Circe has hit fuck it.

"Fuck it," she shrugs and the rage is, well still there. She is a Summer, but it is less. "Yup. Definitely hit fuck it," she looks to Mason, "You though?"

She points down the sidewalk, "Best not to play in traffic. Takes a lot of practice ta do that safely. Think you should avoid it, unless ya got really good insurance," that makes her smile.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Chambers watches Mary sort through the situation to arrive at a suitable solution and offer a smile when she voices such. 'There see still fixable, just in a different way.' He will make sure he hasn't left anything on the bus by patting down pockets and the like, evidently satisfied he will look back up to make his goodbyes, it was good manners after all.

Pulling out an off white short stem pipe he sticks it between his teeth unlit. The law only prohibits smoking in public. 'Well then if your all sorted I'll make a move.' The indication of the side walk he will take as the sign that he is no longer needed here, if he ever was. He might enjoy the Italians company but she was an occasional drinking buddy at best not a friend he felt obliged to stay and help beyond the point of being shown the road. 'Hope your day takes a positive turn.' And he meanders off.

Chambers Exits the Scene

Those are your npc/merits etc so I'm going to leave to you to narrate how those texts play out if you want to otherwise I'll close this when it hits 0 days. Thank you for hopping in , I was not expecting an attempted fix that was a fun twist
    Health
    Mana

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh I will make it do that," she assures Mason as she waves goodbye to him and shares words of wisdom she once heard. "Wise words ta remember Mason. When life gives ya lemons, get mad! Screw lemonade. Make a flaming lemon launcher, return the lemons with interest," Circe actually sings out the last three words. She liked that game. It was funny with physics.

As he departs, Circe checks her phone. Of course, why would a gun runner know what a catalytic converter is. She types back an explanation. Then as she walks back towards her car, takes a picture of the dead-end side road's exit. And blaming them for directing her to use said road. Conclusion?

They conceded her delay was justified. So Circe was left to wait for the tow truck to move the damn bus. Maybe she'd check out YouTube or something. Cat videos. Vulgarity. Something.

Her contacts are not equipped to provide a catalytic converter on short notice. Like days minimum. Circe is just saying I'm stuck, screw off. Feel free to close the scene and thank you for starting it.

14. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread