(Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Every animal does, but the ones that look dirty are the ones that aren’t the cute ones.” Plain and simple. “I’m happy to agree to disagree.” Laughing, it was an odd subject to go back and forth about. But fun, so a win.

She grimaces inwardly, seemed he wasn’t wrong about it. But she wasn’t about to give up on him! Maybe it was the New Year, maybe it was the champagne, “You have the moves, I just think you’re trying to make me look good!” she accuses in a playful voice. She could be right about it, who knows?

“You just need to loosen up and go with it!” which she seemed capable of, to some extent. Not a professional by any stretch of the imagination, but she held some sort of beat.

1 success

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Why did I suggest this again? 'Oh you don't need me for that, you look great.'

Dance, Dance, Revolution failure

Turns out the next song ... wasn't for him either. He goes left when it should be right, right when it should be forward and at one point is the only person with his arms in the air.

He tried, he really did and no one can say otherwise but now ... now its time to bow out with what tatters of dignity he has left to him. Not much at all.

'Don't let me stop you.' she looked like she was having a good time. 'But I'm gonna go wash this decision down with a drink, want me to bring you anything?'
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “You’re too kind.” She was just barely scraping by with dancing. But it was ok, because it was New Years and she was having a blast!

And Chambers was, well, trying.

When he decided it was time to get a drink, there was a nod from her, “That sounds really good! My throats a bit dry.” Not completely true, but she felt bad having him go have a drink on his own. “It’s always good to hydrate.” Now that was true.

Following, “There’s bottle service at my section, I’m sure they can refill your beer if you want.” The water was already there. Sitting down, a bottle was opened, “I forgot how much of a good workout dancing is!” but worth it! “So I’m going to go out on a limb and say the nightclub scene is not a thing you normally seek out?” no judgement, just asking, curious.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Puffing a little, excessive and erratic movement not the best idea for a smoker it turns out. He will make his way off the dance floor, surprised but grateful that October sticks with him. Hope I'm not ruining her good time now. 'True its very easy to neglect on nights like to tonight. Lots of booze, lots to do, but no water to keep it going.' Also good hangover prevention.

Chambers certainty isn't above riding the coattails of friends to get things he didn't pay for himself, knowing he'd happily do the same for them and would if the opportunity arises. And so he'll take and crack open a water bottle, and see about getting his pint refilled, if he can swing it. 'It's certainly that.' Still panting now he has stopped moving he can feel the beads of sweat forming.

Chuckling. 'What gave me away?' Then shaking his head. 'The party I don't mind, in moderation. The dance floor does not normally beckon though.' Still I can say I did it, tried, and reminded myself why it doesn't. 'What about yourself? you definitely seem to fit the scene better then I do.'
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

A knowing nod, “As a medical professional, I can recommend drinking lots of water. It won’t always stave off a hangover, but it can help make it less intense. Depending on how much alcohol you drink of course.” But that should be obvious. It was still a toxin in your system, even with water. “There’s more scientific ways, but a boring topic.” And she didn’t feel like being scientific.

From the lights, it was clear she wasn’t that sweaty, but her skin did have a glisten to it. She was in pretty good shape.

The water was half way finished before she set it down to pick up her champagne glass, “Did you want an honest answer?” she asks, a bit playfully. “With the right motivation and good music, the dance floor beckons all.” Declares the Enchantress. “Medical school wasn’t cheap, and I had to pay for it out of pocket, so I worked at various nightclubs. The pay wasn’t amazing, but it kept me in school and fed.” It didn’t pay for all of it, she had a, friend, that helped with that. But that wasn’t important. As an Enchantress, being at home in a nightclub shouldn’t be a surprise.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

That gets a wheezy chuckle. ‘Well then its doctors orders.’ And he’ll finish his water bottle. ‘Oh, don’t worry I’m well versed in hangover cures.’ More the urban legend ones, then actual science solutions, but hey they help. ‘Nothing like a full English breakfast and pint of orange juice to help get the evil out.’ A method that has two outcomes, both work.

He watches unsure what an honest answer meant but curious to find out. ‘And pray tell, what is the right motivation?’ Playing right back. Because the music is nothing I would normally listen to.

I respect it.’ To few were willing to do it these days. ‘Working to get what you want.’ He smiles. ‘And even better seems like it all payed off in the end.’ From here out and back again, she’s gotten to travel all over thanks to that effort. It must be rewarding to see the fruits of your labours.’
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“As long as the full English breakfast includes scrambled eggs, count me in! I swear that breakfast foods make the best foods.” She’d eat breakfast all day if she could.

Another sip was taken before she answers, “Well, it’s different for everyone, no two people have the same motivation. For some, it’s a mixture of wanting to be part of something and others it’s wanting to try something new. And a majority are alcohol related. This is, of course, pure speculation.” She really had no idea.

“It sucked, working and doing school, but it did instill a pretty badass work ethic in me I think.” Just her own opinion there. “Oh, one hundred percent! It made me value what I was doing and why I was doing it. It wasn’t easy, but you somehow find the motivation to keep going. And speaking of school,” time to bounce the conversation back to him, “did you have to do school for your career?”

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He looks almost incredulous. 'What full English doesn't?' Before smiling. 'The only part I can take or leave is the black pudding.' And then contemplative. 'Although I would definitely say I'm more of a dinner man myself.' Just more options.

Chambers nods, once, slowly. 'I'm going to have to say that display was brought on by a combination of options two and three.' The logic seemed sound to him. 'And now I can say I have and need not again.' I am self aware enough to know what I looked like out there.

'You would have to have, to manage all that.' He agrees. I only did by part timing the studies, granted I had supernal things to add into the mix, but she might have had as well to be fair to her. 'Motivation defiantly helps, seeing the results, the impact.' Something that could easily be lost in the slog of the task itself.

An eyebrow raises. 'Oh my bad if I didn't mention. I'm currently in the studying stage of my life. Later then most I know but choose to go about in my own sweet time and way.' Expectations be dammed. 'I think my folks would call it failing forward.' He has to laugh at that. 'As to how I pay my bills, well you've seen my workshop. I learned as part of an apprenticeship.' For once he was unsure how to veil the conversation so hoped she would get what he was saying by drawing attention to the manual arts and crafts. 'Do you remember what I offered to make you if the need should ever arise?' The good old double duty tasks, fallen and supernal entwined in purpose. Connected.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Hey, I just had to make sure, because eggs are life.” She loved her some scrambled eggs. “Black pudding?” looking a bit thoughtful, “I don’t think I’ve had that. If you can take it or leave it, do you not recommend it?” and just what the hell was it? “Breakfast can technically be dinner, just add a steak!” she’d done it loads of times!

Laughing, “I always recommend trying something new, just keeps life interesting.” Still laughing, “Aww! It wasn’t that bad, was it?” maybe he just needed more to drink?

“Motivation is always a thing, but so is wanting to prove to others that you can, in fact, graduate and make it as a doctor.” Not many expected someone with her looks to be an actual medical doctor, complete with degree.

Nod, “I remember you mentioning that, but I wasn’t sure if you needed to go to do your current job. Like, is there a college course dedicated to it.” Of course, she remembered he was taking classes, her memory was one that could always be counted on. “And nothing wrong with continuing education later in life.” She would, but she was a bit tired of school, considering how many years of her life she had already spent on it.

“I fully remember.” Taking another sip, “I was just curious if you went to college for it, or even a trade school.”

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He chuckles. 'Well I'm sure someone doesn't include eggs.' Pause. 'But they are wrong.' Eyebrows go up. Oh it seems not all the trimmings made it across the pond. 'Black pudding is a quintessential part of a full English breakfast. Its a blood sausage made of congealed pig or cows blood.' And one of the few things he leaves uneaten as often as not. 'I would have to say not recommended, but hey try it first a lot particularly in the north swear by it.' Hiller regions, a lot more livestock. Might be why. 'And if your a little under the weather I swear it does perk you up.' Although that could be a placebo effect most likely. I bet she would know.

Laughing fully. 'I'm not a proud man.' He wasn't he often made himself the butt of jokes. 'But that was embarrassing, no escaping it.' It doesn't seem to have been something he regrets, just isn't eager to do so again.

I could give advice about screw what others think, but on this at least it seems to matter to her. So he keeps that bit quiet. 'Well anyone who doubted you must be pretty chagrined now.' Good for you.

He has to strain for this. 'There is an expectation by figures of authority in my life that I continue it.' The order had been rather insistent. 'But I enjoy philosophy and its associated studies.' And the more I learn the more my list of ghosts to call up grows. 'But in terms of need it.' He shakes his head. 'No its a study of choice.'

'I apprenticed under a very skilled master.' Meaningful look. 'She and I don't talk anymore unfortunely.' For good or ill. 'But she taught me well and was more skilful by some degree, a real savant of the art.' Because we have to be. 'I still hope she's doing alright, wherever she is.' And doesn't hold to much of a grudge.
    Health
    Mana

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread