(Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tipping her glass as well, “That,” a pause, “and with how quickly the whole fashion thing changes, who has time or money to keep up? Plus, who gets to decide what is fashion and what isn’t? Sounds like a scam to me.” She was never one for high fashion.

Interest was written clearly on her face as she listened and sipped from her glass. An eyebrow raises in surprise, “Multiple liquors?” a grimace before a shake of her head, “Playing with fire there! I’ve always gone for scrambled eggs with ketchup if I’m battling a hangover. Then again, a little hair of the dog works as well, if you can stomach it of course.” She wasn’t one who could, but had heard tails of those who could. "Hope the next day wasn't too bad."

The playful grin was matched, “Well that depends on the type of martini I’m having. Some are better shaken and some better stirred. If I’m going for a classic martini, then stirred is traditional way to drink it. Shaken is good for a more diluted and colder drink. But if I had to pick? I’d say stirred.” Personal preference of course.

Laughing, “Glad you find the club, and myself, interesting.” She was just a party girl at heart. “You know? Those all sound like great goals and resolutions!” raising her glass, “Here’s to the New Year and all your success!” cause she believed he would be successful. “Myself? Hmmm,” another sip as she thinks, “I would have to say for tonight? To just have fun and let loose! Tomorrow? More then likely working.” As goes the life of a doctor. “But for the year? I’d like to work on some of my studies and maybe take some more time off from work to just have fun.”

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

'That is spot on.' He takes a drink. 'How do these propagate anyhow?' How does what's in fashion actually get determined?

He laughs at his own mistakes. 'Fire is definitely a way to put it.' He shrugs. 'I got caught up in the night and company, a little unusual for me but not entirely unheard of.' But it would hard for anyone not to. 'I just slept it off I'm afraid. No exciting wonder cures. Although its almost a miracle I got through my front door when black out drunk.' She of course knowing where I live might be able to appreciate the difficulty.

Oh wow. 'I'll confess I never knew there was that much to it. If shaken dilutes it that might explain why bond always went for that, less likely to get drunk on duty.' An overlooked detail. 'I experimented with cocktails a lot when I was younger but never thought to try a Martini.' Oversight.

Raising his own glass. 'To the new year, and you finding the time to do everything you want to.' Downing the last of his pint. 'So if that's the plan shall we let loose?' The drink, the atmosphere the fun loving enchantress it was all getting him more into the swing of things.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

“You know, that’s a good question.” Taking a drink, “I blame social media and its ability to spread things. You see a celebrity you like wearing something and you decide you need to have it. Same with food and drink.” A chuckle, “The whole Lemmings craze.” Showing her age right there.

“And hey, as long as you had fun, that’s what matters. So, what if you woke up and felt like shit?!”
    laughing, having been there a few times herself. Eyes widen, “Oh, I almost forgot about your front door! I’m glad you made it ok, that would have been, well, bad.” Very bad.

A thoughtful look, “Huh, never thought of it that way, and now I won’t watch another Bond movie the same.” Chuckling, “I highly recommend them, there’s a wide variety, something for almost every taste, I think. I like the classic Dirty Martini, but also the Perfect Martini. There’s also chocolate, espresso and coffee flavors. Add a bit of cranberry juice if you don’t like the taste of gin.” But she liked gin. “Any cocktail you tried that was your favorite?”

Cheering as he finished his beer, “I will always vote yes to letting loose!” raising her own glass an finishing it off.

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

That gets thought over. 'I get the food angle more.' So I can relate. 'But travel around a bit and see what's acceptable here and there and you quickly realize fashion does not matter.' Different degrees of modesty, acceptable colours, temperature considerations. The world over they change. Laughing, he gets the lemmings bit. 'I would say sheep myself, but point well made.'

'Oh from what bits I can remember yes it was a good time. Reggie might be able to fill in more of the details.' He had been there to after all. 'But yes the other way it could it have ended would certainty have put a dampener on things.' Chuckling at his own joke now. Well set up if I do say so myself.

He listens to her expound on the variety of Martini's with a smile. 'Well next time I'm out I might have to give it a try.' Still don't plan on mixing drinks tonight. 'Oh erm.' Having to pull memories through both time and a myriad of poor choices. 'I had a really good Blood orange Margarita, the chap that made it added a pinch of hot chilli powder. I thought it was going to ruin things but I was very wrong.' It complimented every flavour in ways I hadn't realised could be done.

'Well then, we're at a party.' Why am I suggesting this it'll be catastrophic. 'Shall we dance?'
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Sociology wasn’t my strongest class in college.” She understood it and the science behind it, but it didn’t mean she took anything away from it. “Sheep…lemming…same basic concept. Though lemmings are surprisingly cute.” Fun fact.

Fingers snap as she remembers something, “Thank you for mentioning him! I keep meaning to invite him to my place to help with a bookshelf but work has my brain all scattered. But I’ll remember to ask him about it,” laughing, “maybe.” It was a toss-up.

“There are some great bars downtown that make amazing martinis. I’ll give you the names of them.” Knowing where the best drinks were, well, part of who she was. “Blood orange margarita? With chili powder?!” eyes brighten in excitement, “Count me in!” always one to try new things.

Dance?! That was something she would have never thought she’d hear from him. “You want to dance?! Lets go!” setting her glass down, ready to make her way to the dance floor.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

'I never did sociology, so all I have to go in is what ultimately equates to rather limited experience. But yeah people can be tricky.' And now hold on a moment. 'If cute is the criteria I feel I have to argue the case for a fluffy sheep.' He is disagreeing but laughing as he does, all in fun.

'You should. Meet with him at any rate.' Not that's its my place to tell you who to invite into your home. 'I feel I actually got to understand him a little better after he and I met to hash out our differences.' And true enough we seem to be getting along better now.

'Sorry to say I don't know where to get a good one around here.' It was a little rare for him to tap into that younger mans habits these days. 'But I'm sure any decent bartender can do it. So next time your out, seems you have something to try as well.'

'
    Well dance might be a generous term for what your about to see.' He laughed, but it was going to be bad. 'But it is a party.' And she has picked up my mood considerably. Accompanying the enchantress to the dance floor.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

A hand was held up, “Hold on, the fluffy sheep are cuter?! Have you seen a lemming?! Like little, chubby guinea pigs, just less annoying. And have you seen what sheep look like after being outside? Ew.” Humor in her voice, enjoying the fun.

“Yeah, I fully intend to.” Not one to not keep her word. “Really? That’s great! I was hoping to get to know him better in a more neutral environment.” Not at the Circle where everyone seemed to have their guard up.

“And I’ll make sure to let you know how it was. I’m looking forward to it.”
    New drinks were always top of her list. “There are some bars that have top notch bartenders who are masters at mixing drinks.” And now it was time to test them.

Laughing, “I’m nothing special at dancing either, but I know the trick is to feel the music and just have fun!” Finding a relatively open spot, she begins to just let herself move with the music. Was she good? Nope, but you could tell she was having fun by her smile and moves. This was a girl who didn’t care how she looked, she was just in the moment.

1 success

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

'Yeah I have, and I maintain sheep are cuter. They are essentially walking pillows. With the ability to rock a hair do.' He pulls out his phone to find a picture. It had amused him when he first saw it.

He nods to that. 'I've seen him loosen up at social stuff, so yeah good idea.' Squeezing past someone going the other way. 'Just given he and I hadn't been seeing eye to eye at the time, it felt best to go somewhere that provided an equal footing but we could talk openly about our issues.' And it did seem to work.

dance failure

Despite being in more of a party mood at this point. Feeling the music was still very off the cards, he's out of sync, out of tempo and definitely out of style with this crowd. The dad who still thinks he's cool but failing in every conceivable way. At least he doesn't care over much for the opinions of sleepers, when it comes to his dance moves, so isn't to phased by this rather predictable turn of events.

'See what I mean you don't need to be anything special to look good when I'm around.' It isn't for lack of effort, he is trying. Its just utterly wasted effort.
    Health
    Mana

13. Likes liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

A shake of her head, “No way, they are walking pillows of mud and whatever else they’ve been in.” her nose scrunches, but she does look at the picture, “It’s a good picture, and cute, but not cuter than a lemming.” Maybe it’s because she’s never been one for farm animals and the smell that comes with them.

“Glad you guys were able to do that, the, uh, tension, was something to be sure.”
    You could tell by looking at them that there was something brewing.

While his dancing skills were, well, not good, he was trying and appeared to be having fun. So that’s a win in her book!

Laughing, “I was never worried about looking good.” She knew she looked good, and opinions of others wasn’t a high priority. “I just want to have fun and for you to have fun!”

Maybe it was her words, or maybe it was the music, hell, maybe it was the champagne, but she was finding her beat! More laughter as she just went with it, “Come on Mason! You got this!”

2 successes

15. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Well here we are back and forthing about which dumb animal is cuter. He shakes his head a little, in surprised disbelief, but not unpleasantly so. 'What animals doesn't roll around in the dirt?' That's a double edged sword of an argument right there. 'It seems we may just have to disagree on this.' Chuckling.

Grinning a little goofily. 'I don't know about that.' Something else we disagree on is if I do actually have this.

dance, dance failure

Which he doesn't, knocking into people, off beat and just generally starting to make an unintentional nuisance of himself. And at this point starting to cramp the style of those around him. Not that he's quite ready to give it up just yet. Maybe the next song will be more my thing?

'
    Fortunately you got the moves for both of us.' And doesn't she just.
    Health
    Mana

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread