(Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Park Ultra Lounge was Sacramento’s Premier Nightlife Venue. World class artists, live performances, and incredible events. And for New Years, it was set to be the biggest party of the year! With everything from elegant decorations, party favors to a complimentary champagne toast at midnight!

There were VIP sections, which offered premium seating close to the bar and was the place to see and be seen. Outside seating was also available which was heated and offered its own dance floor.

October had managed to snag one of the VIP seating areas, and could be found holding a drink in her hand and talking with some other patrons. Her dress had a mirror like fabric, reflecting the lights and earning her numerous compliments. Around her neck was a collar type choker, a gift from a special friend years ago. The Acanthus was having a blast, evident by her smile and laugh.

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

To round of the season of festivals and parties, of course the biggest event required the biggest party, and with it the most people. And while it was no night of ghosts and ghouls, his specialities, a major event meant it was time to don a Nice shirt and waistcoat and mingle.

Pint of beer in hand to start the night, Chambers wanders around the outside area making polite conversation with others who are either taking a break, or like himself who prefer to people watch than dance, keeping an eye and an ear for anything that might draw his attention.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

While October might be having a great time, she’s also keeping her eyes on the area, looking for any familiar faces. Ones she could rope into her section.

And low and behold! There was Chambers! Was she a bit surprised? Hell yes. But she liked his company and it looked like he even dressed up!

A hand was held up and waved, “Mason!” calls out the Acanthus, and if she catches his eye, will turn the wave into a motion. Inviting him over, “Come join me!” then picks up a champagne bottle, “I got drinks!” still trying to be heard over the crowd.

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Hearing the name he uses in public called out he begins scanning the crowd in more earnest looking for the source. It doesn't take him long to spot October, how could he miss her, and smiles happily when he does so. There is something to be said for good company to brighten an evening.

Quite happy to accept the call over he wonders through the crowd. 'Hi.' Eyes dart slightly as he tries to recall something he realises he does not know. Good point what do I call you in public? Settling then for a general greeting and something he'd need to remedy later. 'You look amazing.' Just because it was a courtesy didn't make it less true. 'Good night so far?'
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seemed her waving and yelling worked! She has a Chambers to party with!

“Thank you! Thought it would be perfect for New Years!” and she liked dressing up to go out. “And I’m liking the outfit! Different, but it looks good!” it wasn’t something she usually saw when out. Not that she had been out much since moving back, but still. “Should wear something like it more often.” Did she have a healthy buzz going already? A bit.

“Going great! Good music and drinks, and now company!” sure, the strangers were fun, but partying with a friend was much better. “I’d offer you some champagne, but seems you have a drink already.” No worries, more for her! “How about you? Enjoying the club?”

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

'Well you were absolutely spot on.' A dress that reflects for a night about reflecting on the year past, and the year to come. Or I'm just hitting my drunk philosophy stage early tonight.

He smiles graciously all ready feeling some of his reservations about being here sliding away. 'Thanks. I was trying to fit in but.' Looking around. 'Seems I missed the mark a little.' So, much for never going wrong with a waistcoat. 'I don't think it'll become a staple.' Dress for the occasion, most of the time means causals or robes.

Holding up his pint and nodding. 'That's very kind of you but yep I'm all sorted.' Taking the opportunity to take a drink. Beer was definitely made for having someone to drink with. 'My wants are simple and easily met when it comes to booze at this point.' Granted it look more in place in an English country pub. 'I was more experimental in younger years, but always ended up back with the old faithful Pint.' And not mixing drinks means I might actually remember most of tonight.

She does seem to be in very good spirits. Something that seemed to be mildly infectious as his posture and bearing loosen up. 'I'm very glad to hear it. As someone who values good company most highly on that list I'd say my night has just improved remarkably.' Not that the city seems to have a lack of good company, but yours is very good.
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“That’s great! A good way to start the new year!” laughing.

A hand waves dismissively, “Ah who cares! I think you look great, and as long as you’re comfortable and happy, who cares!” life was about having fun and just being you. A lazy shrug, “I had to try.” She liked how it looked on him.

“Well, when you run out, it’ll be here, it came with the VIP section. Or continue with the beer! Lets just have fun!” she was an Acanthus after all, living life to its fullest. “Nothing wrong with a good beer. So what is your favorite beer? Are you more a stout kind of guy, or a good pilsner? Or maybe something else?” everyone had a favorite type.

Arms shot up above her head, “Yes! Glad I was able to do that!” bonus! “Anything planned for the New Year?”

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Very well said. 'Fair point, if it actually bothered me, I would have turned around and gone home. Which I'm glad I didn't.' That gets a chortle. 'Well I respect the attempt.' You know its nice to complimented I don't normally get people taking an interest in what I wear.

'That's very kind. But after recent experiences I'll stick to the beer so I can remember the good time.' I do seem to be doing a lot of drinking recently. 'Until midnight of course, tradition and all.' The toast is probabaly the most important part of the night after all.

'Oh that's easy. I'm a bitter man through and through.' Chuckling at his own joke. 'And yourself drink of choice?' Why limit it to beer.

He dodges back a little as her arms go up, but he's laughing and its good natured. 'Plans, you mean for tomorrow or the year as a whole?'
    Health
    Mana

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod of approval, “Good! Lifes too short to care.” But she had heard tales of people who cared way too much.

Laughing, “Sounds like there’s a story there! Did you mix your liquors a bit too much?” they’d all been there. “At least you’re going to keep the tradition.” Sipping from her own glass.

“Now there’s something I don’t hear often; most don’t like the taste of bitters.” She didn’t mind them, but weren’t her go to. “Myself? Martinis usually, but I do like a good stout here and there.” One of those things where it depended on what one was in the mood for.

Another laugh, “Tonight…tomorrow…the whole year! People usually have some grand plan for the New Year, wanting to take on a task or improve themselves someway. Or just have a better year then before.” It was really whatever.

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

'That it is.' Tipping his glass. 'That and fashion seems to move way to fast for to even care to try keeping up.' That and most of it was to his mind questionable at best. They're all clothes at the end of the day. Wearing what you want is fine.

He grimaces in mock regret. 'Oh there is, I was on a cruise a few months ago and met some very interesting people. At least I think they were from what parts I can still recall.' Less then he should. 'I know beer, and multiple liquors were involved at least.' Probabaly more. 'And was rather ill the next morning.' Before nodding. 'Of course, traditions tend to have a significance to them, far be it from me to spoil that.' And the best way to understand them is to experience it, even simple ones.

That greats a playful grin. 'Shaken or stirred Ms. Bond?'

He leans back as he contemplates, not his answer just how to phrase so when spoken loud enough to be heard above the music it doesn't draw attention. 'Tonight ... the plan was to look for something interesting, that's achieved so a good start.' And if the unseen senses alert me to anything else all the better. 'Tomorrow ... probably recover from my indulgences tonight.' Everyone needs a rest day. 'For the year. Continue with my studies, set the roots I'm putting down deeper, develop the the relationships I'm forming with new friends and like minded individuals, and keep looking for interesting things and people to enrich life.' All double speak true in both mundane and arcane implications. 'What of yourself? Tonight, tomorrow and the year approaching?' Despite the crowd and the noise the enchantress holds his attention almost completely.
    Health
    Mana

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread