Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

He nods with some vigour. 'Yes they are most definitely responsible.' But as much are we for turning them into teddy bears in the first place. 'Don't worry Mary I don't think your alone in having that weakness.' Not if the internet has anything to say on the matter.

Is there a branch of the Mysterium that doesn't adhere at least a little to fuck around and find out? 'Saying that great discoveries can me made by doing exactly that Mary.' Although maybe the ones I'm thinking of are less well known.

As Mary is on a tangent before she seems to cotton on, his eyes glide back over to her, and then middle distance. Well seems my wing man skills are atrocious. Good thing I wasn't planning a career change. He just keeps drinking.

But when it comes to crafting yeah she really gets it. 'Just so Mary. I might have only had a piece or two that could be considered truly masterful, but that's more than a machine, and I aim to increase my consistency.' He still remembered how he had felt beholding that first tablet he had finished. And that decided it for him. 'If your serious Sofia I could give something a go.' What do I know of her that would also fulfil what I want from my craft? 'I'd need a way to contact you when it's done, that and you might need to be patient. Headstones are rather a time sensitive order when placed.' What this would not do is distract him from supernal purpose.

Fingers entwine index fingers meet and and hands rotate the ninety degrees to point at Sophia. 'But if standing out is the point how can it be impractical?' Then fingers point to Mary. 'And that, you can't imagine me as some swashbuckling derring do fencer?' The grin gives away the tease, he knows he's nowhere near athletic enough to make that part of cape fashion look good.

The problem with puns is they largely rely on context, and lacking any Chambers gives a half grin and listens along. 'So he was what the ring master for the show? the mascot?' The idea of watching a gore fest seems to have been unappealing to him. The shows never match up to the reality no matter how good the effects. And the state of some ghosts, well better left unsaid.

'Oh that's plenty interesting. Music is facing the same dilemma as crafters these days, at risk of getting replaced by tech. So good on you. Any Genre you like to play?' And an idea if her offer was serious.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Cain…adorable? She had to chuckle to herself, knowing Mary would sing a different tune if she met him. And there would be something…satisfying…about the fear. “Well, he’s never chewed anything up, he was always a good boy in regards to chewing and all that.” Unless you count people, but that was different. “I’ve heard rescues make excellent pets; Cain was a gift.” Of sorts.

Smirking, “My my Mary, was that a flush?” lightly teasing.

Shrugging as she took a drink, “Like I said, I could have misheard something. But I do think it would be quite successful if they did.” She remembers it being quite amusing.

“I have no idea if he did or not, it’s been a while since I’ve seen them. And I don’t remember really caring enough as a kid to care enough to look.” Sure, a kid. Lets go with that.

Arching an eyebrow, “It’s still a way to stand out and make people watch you. Put someone with street fighting skills up against someone in a cloak and my money is on street fighting. Loose articles of clothing are a hindrance, and can used against you.” She never wore anything loose; it was asking to be used against her in a fight. Plus, she’d used it against her opponents.

Sounded like he was game to try and make something. “Of course, I’m serious, I don’t joke around when it comes to commissioning art.” Not the slightest. “I’ll provide you with my number, and feel free to take your time, I’m a patient woman.” No, not at all. But she got it with the cattle, they moved slower then Kindred. “And I completely understand.” What was she expecting? She wasn’t sure, but was curious to find out.

“Like I said, wear something like a cloak and get into a fight and considered it already lost. It limits movement and is easy for your attacker to use as an advantage.” She sounded serious because she was.

“I think he was a little of both. When you mention the show, you think of him starting the tales, his voice, his appearance. He directed the stories, set the stage.” Most don’t remember what the stories were, only that he told them.

“Oh, I’m not worried about getting replaced by tech, tech lacks the passion of a true performer. I lean towards classical music and am actually a classically trained pianist. Though I do admit to being a bit rusty from not continuing with the craft as often as I should have over the years. But it’s like a bike, you don’t forget.”

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

3. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe looks to Mason with a giggle and a smirk, "And there is a reward for those that achieve the most extreme of those discovers. The Darwin Award."

Looking at Sofia, she smiles, "I could say something sappy about how all dogs are gifts to the hearts of their owners," which she just did, "But that'd be from a greeting card. Glad ya like him. And thus far, my friend has declared Sir Fugly the Fluffy a good pet."

Technically knighted by a queen. Circe could even say that by mentioning it was done at a theme park. Truth and a lie, yay!

"Agreed," she doesn't bite the tease bait, moving on to bring it back, "Can't keep a good ghoul down and all that. Could make the evenings more of an entertaining fright."

"Well you quite fine Mason, why wouldn't somebody commission stonework from ya?" Yes she goes ahead with the pun she thought of.

Circe then gives him an appraising look. Hums in thought. Then shakes her head in the negative, "No I can't Mason. I foresee you carrying a sack. Pulling out a headstone, and stoning a mugger." She shrugs, "It is just the image that comes up." She then looks to Sofia with a smirk, "It wasn't hyperbole. I guess they were probably a master of the art. Any of us, ya'd be right Sofia. Its a handicap. But there is a saying across many cultures about grandmasters of battle," she gives a dark laugh, "In professions where most die young, fear the elder."

She then points to Sofia as answer about Cryptie's role in the show, nodding in agreement. It was a accurate summation. She had already told him about the puns.

"Huh?" She looks to Sofia in surprise. "That is two musicians I know that can outdress me with ease." Circe's face scrunches up in thought, calculating. It is complicated math. "Hope I don't mean any that can also match me with computers or gearhead. I'd have self-esteem problems them. More important question though. How many more do I need to run into before I can call Yahtzee?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He laughs as Mary points out the deadly realities. 'Just a little less coveted then a Nobel prize wouldn't you say.' And a more than acceptable risk.

Oh seems Sophia saw something I didn't, maybe not totally atrocious then.

He puts his glass down taking a break for the moment. How can she know I'm fine she's never seen my work. I could be all bluster. 'Because Mary I make headstones. most people find it morbid, scary even.' Because after all who dedicates their life to others death. 'Up until they need one anyway.'

He'll pat around his pockets until he finds a pen and pocket notebook. He'll hand them across to Sophia to get her number. 'Only other thing, you got a price range your looking at?' Sure its rude to ask, but better than assuming.

He puts a hand over his chest. 'That you can see me winning in a fight at all Mary, is something I'll take as a compliment.' Playing along. My fallen fighting skills wouldn't get me out of an awkward encounter let alone a mugging. 'Now what'd be really impressive is if the stone was already correctly engraved.' Impressive or the most bizarre superhero gimmick. 'And of course the sack would need to be hidden under a cloak.'

And that proves to be just enough. 'Oh so he stole the show.' A grin spreads. 'A real graverobber then.' Found one.

His finger snaps a few times as Sophia's words bring back a memory. 'Yes now it's brought up you did mention your like of classical music back at the party.' He looks impressed. 'But I didn't realise you yourself were classical trained, very admirable.' It was the tattoo we were talking about, that makes sense now.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing with Mary, “I have to admit, I enjoy reading those when they come out. Some people are just, wow.” Ale had to admit, she was enjoying this night out, it felt good to let her walls down a bit and just have fun.

A chuckle and shake of her head, “Please don’t.” she didn’t have a heart. Well, technically she did, but it was dead, and only beat when she allowed it. Like tonight, because around cattle. “Sir Fugly? It’s name is Fugly?” she said it because it hadn’t been declared if the dog was male or female. “That’s an interesting choice of name.” not one she would have ever thought of.

Now a true laugh, “I would love to hear that play out in court and on the news! Death by headstone.” Still laughing and shaking her head. “If you ever do, please let me know. I have the best lawyers and would love to be in the court room.” Which was true, she did have the best lawyers, both Kindred and cattle. It was important in her line of work to have the best lawyers just in case.

“Oh, I wouldn’t call myself a musician by any stretch of the imagination. I haven’t played for anyone else in ages. As for out-dressing you?” shaking her head, “Not me, not at all. Fashion is not something I pay attention to or care about. It’s about comfort and functionality.” Smirking, “You’re safe from any competition from me in those fields. I’d much rather hire someone to do that.” And she does.

Another shrug, “It’s not morbid or scary, death is simply a fact of life we cannot ignore and run from.” Well, she kinda did, but only slightly. “Can’t deny something that will happen no matter what. Might as well be ready for it.” She died once and look at her now!

The notebook was accepted and she writes her name, Sofia De Luca, with the number of one of her new burner phones. Handing them back, “There you go.” As to his question, “Price isn’t an issue for me, I’m willing to pay top dollar for top quality work.” And she meant it, money was no problem for her, she had it. Lots of it.

As much as the whole pun thing wasn’t her thing, she had to laugh at the one Mason just said. “Good one.” Credit for that.

Grazie. Something my mother insisted on as I was growing up. It’s a surprisingly soothing hobby to have, but let me tell you, tuning a piano is a pain in the ass.” Maybe it was time to hire a professional.

8. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's laugh is quieter than her usual. However, it is also more evil than usual. "Great for a laugh Sofia, like the rocket car dude. Though Mason I think more winners have held a Nobel than a Darwin. Rare is it for a mostly posthumous award to be given to a living person," the evil laugh returns, "Some still do."

It wasn't a posthumous award, but an award for removing your stupidity from the gene pool.

"Mixed breed, pretty sure it is a play on the Pug breed. So, tiny with stumpy legs," Circe explains to Sofia. She is smiling warmly as anyone does whence around a loveable dog. "And I understand that he was knighted at a theme park." She holds up her right hand, index finger pointed up, "By a regal staff member no less." Omitting the fact that Circe was technically a mechanic/security employee and regal because of a magical crown that only appers in the Summer.

She had a terrible argument for the pun on his name an occupation. Well, might as well add an absurd justification anyway. She was here to relax and have fun. "But you have the perfect name for one who works stone," she waves both hands at him as she informs Mason of this fact, "At least that is how children's cartoon logic seems to work."

"Ooooh," she plays along as Mason describes what would essentially be a 90s comic violent superhero. "Forget court. That sounds like a customed vigilante. So ya need a proper mask, a name, ooooh. And what would your theme song be?" She is shaking, trying to hold in the laughter. The image of Mason in a mask, custome, cloak, and shooting tombstones at criminals was hilarious! He'd get shot to death for sure, but the intial ones would be awesome.

As for Sofia not giving Seraphina competition, "Oh, well good," she nods at that. "Though I think I have beaten the songstress whence employing less is more to fashion. I'm sure I have a higher tolerance for cold than her." Summer Mantle and Contracts, keeps you warm in the cold months. Made perfect sense she could withstand temperatures that'd cause Seraphina to cover up. Then there was, "I'd argue the ghillie suit too," Circe muses aloud without thinking.

"Death is the price of living," she cheerfully adds to the conversation of how headstones are not morbid, "So get you money's worth, and make sure folks like Mason help you leave a physical mark."

When Sofia praises Mason for the grave pun, she holds up her hands to do 10 and then another 10, nodding in agreement.

Circe knew little of pianos beyond that they had keys, hammers, wires, and the wires got used by Quint to fish for sharks. Wait, there was something: "The closest thing to an instrument that I have tuned was a chainsaw, so I'll take your word for it Sofia." She gives a minute for her words to be registered. "Actually saw a band use a chainsaw for a song, so not too much of a stretch."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He chuckles along thinking of some of the ideas the Bricoleurs come up with. 'Funny yes, they do bring it on themselves.' Even so. 'But the spirit of innovation can still be admired.' At least when its Supernal innovation. 'And yet I would wager some do covet that award, even if just as a balm against nerves.' Make it shiny or prestigious even in jest and someone will want it.

Feigning surprise. 'Do I? I hadn't realised.' Cartoon logic? ouch I thought I was being clever. 'Must have been fate.' He smirks and then takes up what can only be known as a News readers pose 'And on todays news the the Memorial mason strikes again leaving three more victims bludgeoned to death by what seem to be their own headstones. The identity of this masked menace is unknown, all that we know for sure is that he wears the hollowed out face of an angel statue stolen from a local graveyard. Word is should this grim grave keeper ever be brought to justice, only a team of real estate lawyers are willing to represent him in court.' Because what else would her lawyers specialise in? ' So should you ever be out for a stroll and hear The hearse song beware you might be next.' He does start the bit in a deep resonant voice of a newsreader but by the end is fighting to get words out through laughter.

This leaves him rather indisposed for the fashion talk while he regains his composure.

Wiping some last tears from his eyes. 'This brings us back to what we spoke of at the party Sophia.' Or something very close. 'History is just a record of people trying to cheat death in one form or another. Art, Empires, horrors and wonders. Everyone wants to live on after they go.' Smiling to Mary. 'So yes I alleviate that burden a little, but a lot still don't like to contemplate that one day they won't be here anymore.' Not you two it seems. I really did find good company tonight.

Accepting the book back with a nod. 'Well if that's the case I'll think outside the box a little more.' I'm sure there must be something that meets all the criteria then. 'And find something that brings out my best work.'

'Thank you, Thank you both.' Playing along. 'But it wouldn't have been possible without you.' It wasn't that impressive in his estimation Mary had been going strong for most of the night.

'Given I've never tuned anything at all.' Unless sharpening chisels counts? 'I'll also be taking your word for it. Although it must be satisfying to know its just how you want it.' Organising his workshop brought him similar gratification.

'A chainsaw? what was this band playing, a score for a saw movie?' That Mary used a chainsaw didn't seem surprising, she is into her crafts after all.
    Health
    Mana

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A slow nod, “Ah, that makes sense, just a very interesting name.” an eyebrow raises in humor, “And he’s knighted? Sounds like quite the dog to be around. I only hope he hasn’t let the title go to his head.” As some Kindred did.

Pointing to Mason with her glass, “She has you there.” Then takes a drink.

“While the vigilante route has its benefits, it always pays to have a good lawyer on retainer.” Trust her. She was right about this.

“I’m just not into the whole competition thing, seems like a waste of energy and time.” Unless it came to her criminal empire. A sly smile with a chuckle to match, “Depending on where you are, less can, in fact, be more.” No one could beat the cold tolerance of Kindred, but she keeps that to herself.

Laughing at the show, “Now see, that would intrigue me if I heard that on the news.” And it would mean an investigation to make sure the Domain and the Masquerade were kept.

“But even if you live on after your death, you wouldn’t know, so, where’s the benefit? Does it earn you bonus points with whatever deity you worship? Or is it simply human pride and ego, thinking living on means anything?” a shrug, a sip, “I, personally, don’t see the allure for it.” No one was going to remember her when death would finally be, well, final. She could only cheat it for so many centuries.

“I look forward to seeing what you create.” When it was required, she could be patient, and art, required patience.

Nodding once again, “Yes, there is something to be said for having a perfectly tuned piano. The worst part is that I can hear when a note is off, and most of the time, the audience cannot.” It could make playing annoying and difficult. "It's part of the reason I learned to tune one myself, then I can try and fix it on the fly, well, kind of."

14. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"He is a humble Sir Fugly," she laughs out in answer to Sofia. She doubted the excitable hound knew what pride was.

Circe bites her lip to try not to give out her standard volume laugh as Mason seems to nail it. "Ya nailed it Mason," wonders of wonders, Circe succeeds. "Such a colorful and local idea. Hollywood does love to celebrate vigilantism and unrealistic police antics," which was entirely true. She couldn't think of many that were accurate. Maybe some edgy art films. "Though where superheros come, supervillains follow. That could get problematic, with wait..." Circe does some calculations and math, "Eh, no. Sorry Mason, I can't figure out a arch-nemesis name for your foe that isn't already under copyright somewhere. Ghoulish names seem to be popular."

"Ummm, what was it," she knocks on the side of her head then perks up, "Lumberjacks! They were singing about lumberjacks, ha, makes sense." Circe shrugs. Sofia's words do not touch her musical sense, but her craftsmanship. She gets it. "Doctors make the worst patients, mechanics can't appreciate the drive, artists can't zone out watching another perform their craft," she nods, "I get ya Sofia. I suppose that for many folks, ignorance is bliss."

Though in her experience that was a lie when it came to the Fae. In that case what you don't know can get you killed. And what you do know can get you killed. Huh? Well shit. That is kind of depressing.

"True, though it is irksome to suffer for fashion," she winces, "If ya hafta glue it on, make sure it is a washable glue. Or have a counter agent to spray on." Circe hadn't made the superglue mistake of novices in fashion, she knew better. That and Hedgespun allowed her to cheat quite a lot. Not that she could tell the mundies that. She then eyes Mason before looking to Sofia. The Changeling leans towards Sofia, holding up a hand in a faux conspiratorial whisper, "Hey. I don't think he'd enjoy talking about the undergarments that help ladies not spoil minimalist fashion," winking at the mortal woman.

Circe shrugs without care for the somber topic. She is a Summer. Death was something the Larcenist expects to take her at any time, though not without significant resistance. Helps when you have something to fight maybe? Probably. "Hence memorials. Though be your deeds be remembered, are they written in stone or in sand? Or only recalled by those you have helped." As for the afterlife, she wasn't sure she could even go there. How much of the mortal soul was intact to do so for a Lost? Heavy question and she'd responded with a quote from something. "Not sure who said that stuff, but it sticks with me, ya know?" She waves a hand. Circe signals for a refill. She isn't going to philosophize whilst sober.

Then the Fairest pouts as she gets no hint of what the stone project would be. "You have piqued by curiosity on this project. Irksome. I have gotten no hints. Nor do I have the skills to contribute to gain knowledge," she looks at Sofia and claps, "I applaud your deviousness."

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

'Oh she probabaly does.' On which point exactly? Smart as I might be, its clear as day Mary can out wit me fairly effortlessly.

Well that went down unexpectedly well. He, still laughing himself, nods to each for their praise of his little improv piece. 'A nemesis.' You have no idea just how right you are Mary. 'Zealous zombie? The gravedigger ghoul? The street cleaners guild?' Anyone of which I'll take over Abyssal horrors that were never meant to be.

He considers it. 'That ... would make sense yes.' Hardly a melodic instrument to say the least. 'Tune it on the fly, pray tell how does that happen?' I don't think I've ever touched a Piano. Mary puts the point well, so he just nods to her, to affirm he mostly agrees. Except for. 'Ignorance might be bliss, but knowledge is the power to do something about it.' On this he could not remain quiet its a mentality slowly dooming all of reality.

Uh oh that looks means trouble coming my way. He takes a drink, the better to prepare for whatever the exotic sleeper has planned. And then she leans towards Sophia instead. Both ladies have seen enough of his embarrassment to know the topic would not do well for him, so why does it look like he's calculating something?

Then looking taken aback. 'Are you quoting the Bible Mary?' Thought it was about houses more the deeds but similar principle I guess. Turning to Sophia. 'Comfort and control. Comfort that your life isn't a meaningless blip in the light before you are gone and the sense of control over your fate helps you feel less powerless against it.' That's putting it very nicely, nicer than some deserve but that's the crux of the sentiment.

'I'll endeavour not to disappoint.' The craft could be true even when applied in another way, another facet of understanding it. 'Mary you have about as many clues as I do and I'm making it. I've been commissioned to make something of my choosing with no price limit. I make things to preserve and provide meaning to them. Sofia's interests that I know of are pinning butterflies, real estate, she owns a restaurant and is a classically trained pianist.' The answer is obvious if you think about it. 'Maybe you'll get to see it when I'm done.' That's up to Sofia really but they were talking before I arrived so they seem to know each other.
    Health
    Mana

18. Likes liked this post
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread