DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

No pun intended, and set up on the fly. Very good, that's why I stand no chance tonight. He smirks. Even so, the definition of impossible is more of a suggestion after all. 'If I did somehow make it to the eleventh, I'd end up more trampled than a door matt, smithing sentences so neatly as you do, with a bow tied on top, I'd need a Dr by the time it was over.' It was a weaker go of it but he, unlike the enthusiastic queen of puns, needed time to warmup tonight.

Looking from Sofia to Mary as she compliments. 'Good things, what is you do Mary?' She mentioned something on the cruise but lord knows I can't recall that. As he clinks his glass to hers. 'Cheers to that.' There was no denying he had a good night, regardless of the morning after. 'I believe the words, try everything once, were spoken.' Adding his bit to Sofia's rightful question of their choices.

Giving Mary an inquisitive look. 'Pray tell then what does a memorial mason look like?' I actually really want to hear this. 'To the why, I've always appreciated older buildings, although their like isn't really made today. And sculpting, working with stone that isn't building construction, has a more personal touch it.' He will drink to take a moment for phrasing. 'Gravestones themselves. they're the last dying grasp someone has on this world, the last remnant of existence, when you've turned to dust and faded from memory your tombstone still tells people that you actually existed.' And that is very important. 'That you, had the opportunity to eat pizza, or its component parts at least.' Chucking, Mary wasn't the first to bring that up. 'I have used that line before, but had to stop it rarely goes down well.' Funny that, people in mourning not having a sense of humour.

Gesturing with his glass to the tattooed Italian. 'And what of yourself, what does your model of self employment look like?' Politely curious. If either said modelling I wouldn't be surprised, particularly with her choice of Halloween outfit, but I reckon it'll be more interesting then that.

Hand up, ready and willing to admit his fault. 'Oh I own that the drinks were a mistake. Not the company.'
    Health
    Mana

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A slight frown, “Had to try. If I come across a good one, I’ll pass along the number if you like.” Sounded like Mary needed one too.

Sounded like the puns were already beginning. Leaning back, she takes a drink before chuckling, “I won’t stop you from expressing yourself or having a rematch! I’m actually looking forward to it!” who knew this was a thing among cattle? “Hell, I’ll even provide the drinks.” Why not!

“Are you sure this other drink was a friend? Because I don’t see a friend recommending mixing those liquors.” Unless for their own entertainment, which she got.

A glance to Mason over her glass, “Sounds like she’s got you on the ropes so far.” Amusement in her voice.

Two inked hands were held up, “Don’t look over here for a doctor, you might need to provide your own.” Though she probably could be a doctor, with the endless nights she held under her belt. Studying medical would be a breeze.

With Masons question to Mary, the Italian was curious as to what the answer would be. How would she spin it, or did she have a cleaver coverup for noncriminals?

“You know Mason, that’s actually a really beautiful way to word it.” And she meant it. But when the night came for her to turn to ash, she would be remembered for what she was and who she was. Though none was appropriate for a tombstone. “The way you talk of it tells me you put great care into it and I’m sure the stones are lovely.” Well, as lovely as a tombstone could be.

“As for me, I’m in real estate and own my own restaurant. Nothing too exciting or interesting.” Both were true. She technically did purchase and sell real estate.

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe was pretty sure real estate made for great cleaning of vast sums of money. And it probably was profitable on its own too if done right. Sofia probalby did it right.

"There are a few things I'd like ta say," she tells Mason, "Like money flows when I talk or don't talk." Pledges didn't work that way in Sacramento for some unfair reason. "Or forging blades of great power in the flames of mountain do~om." That'd be cool too. "I don't call my forge that. Fun side hustle, though the weirded one has ta do with coding. Hmm, how ta phrase it?"

And she was certainly not explaining her real moneymaker to Mason. Sofia knew it, a sign of Circe's success that the queen of crime knows her. But there was that other stuff she did to cover it up and just find fun things to sell on occasion. She really wanted a Aliens machinegun shotgun combo, but museums have all that exist!

Circe clinks glasses with Mason and drinks before coming up with an answer. Her front and somewhat what she actually does could be answered with a phrase. Her grin is manic as she comes up with it. "I am a fixer of props," Circe declares with some pride. "When folks don't need, I take their props. Then find those that need and give them props. I distribute props quite readily. Ensuring everything is proper." She wiggles her fingers, "I'm crafty enough ta make 'em better, or just side hustle. Though sometimes paperwork is a pain in the ass," she recalls one instance that had mixed this front work with her actual work. Apparently losing license to tactical vehicles meant you had to get rid of them or something. PMCs were happy to get the armored cars. "Some stuff I can't just buy and sell." She lowers her head with a annoyed sigh, "So fixers fee for helping seller find buyer."

It was a semi-honest answer. And related to her acutal work at night. As for the drink mixing, "Depends on the friend Sofia. Some friends are rainbows," she sings the word then drops down a few octaves, "Others are vitriolic. Variety spices it up!"

Then she points at the bar, "Yeah. Look over there for a doctor. McGillicuddy or Pepper can be found for sure."

As for what Mason should look like? Well first was his speech and dammit! Sofia beat her to it. "Eloquent it was Sofia. Very much that," Circe can't but agree with the sort of fellow queen. Other 'lings might disagree, but Circe was a criminal. She'd respect a master in that field. "Ya sound like ya found a way to turn a passion into profit Mason. Nice!"

Circe still had to answer the question. "Well, my impression of the grave business comes mostly from Western movies," she admits to Mason. "So I was expecting a dapper dark coat, ribbony bow tie, and top hat. I mean, Hawaiian shirts or fun, but harder to pun combined with death, hence my preferences."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Dr Who indeed. 'No ... I don't ...' he shakes his head. 'No doctor needed. It was a play on words, focusing on a topic of British pop culture.' Which of course being in America, is less likely to stick the landing, I should have seen that coming. Taking a drink, time to marshal thoughts, in case a full blown rematch does break out. 'What appears to be the edge of a ring, oft just turns out to be the rope of a life line leading to a big twist.' Against the ropes, we haven't even started yet.

Money flows. A forge? Coding. Where is this going? Trying to piece together what Mary's job could possibly be even as she expounded. Oh okay, another less than common profession, neat. 'That's cool, you mean like movies, re-enactments that kind of prop?' Well I doubt she means prop planes. 'And you make your own, very nice.' He could appreciate someone who worked with their hands. 'Any piece particularly stuck with you?'

Nodding to Mary's breakdown of friends. 'And some friends are along for the ride, wherever it happens to go.' his addition notably lacking a musical rendition.

He raises his glass to each of his drinking companions. 'That's very kind of you both.' But what are they going to say, its a rare person who criticizes a gravestone. 'I've heard it said keep on the good side of your tailor, but it could be argued the guy that makes your headstone might be more important.' Chuckling, at his own bad joke. Starting to come round it seems.

Eyes close with an amused smile, as he pictures the get up. 'Ah yes, the full Victorian, top hat and tails.' Eyes open again. 'Your thinking of the funeral director. The actual crafters are usually way more boring and don't get featured.' And isn't that summary of the state of the world. 'The director walks in front of the procession usually, so they get seen way more.'

Now speaking of not fitting a stereotype image, real estate was not in my top ten guesses. Eyes go over to Sofia with new appreciation. 'Now that takes some real effort to be self employed in I imagine.' And one hell of a start up fund.
    Health
    Mana

8. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, Mary had a decent story for what she did. Call Ale surprised. Guns weren’t something the Savage went out of her way to move, but she did here and there.

A chuckle, “I like to think I have a variety of friends,” if she was being generous, “but none that would try to get me to drink something like that.” Not that she would. It might not outright affect her, but she had an image to maintain. Plus, throwing that mixture up in a couple hours wasn’t high on her list of things she wants to do.

Shrugging, “I like the idea of a Hawaiian shirt, throws people off.” She wouldn’t wear one. Nope.
    “Ah, well, I’m not too up to date on pop culture, of any region.” It just wasn’t high up on her list if important things. “So my apologies for missing the joke.” it happened.

“You know, you might be right about that one.” Chuckling with him, “One I never really thought of.” But let’s be honest, she wouldn’t have a gravestone. She’d either end up in torpor somewhere or a pile of ash if someone was lucky enough. “So what would you say is a common misconception of your profession?” none came to her mind, but she was curious.

Smirking, “It wasn’t easy, but it was worth the work.” And made it easy to move money. Perfect for a crime boss. “Though I think starting a restaurant and having it be successful took more effort and was more taxing.”

10. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ring ropes?" Circe didn't get it at first. Thinking metal ring. "Ooooh! Bad idea ta bounce off it then." Was he quoting something else British? She didn't get it. Mason seemed a little philosophical. "I'm mostly, uh, riding the nostaligia snake I guess. Not familiar with the newer shows either right now."

"Yes," she nods to confirm what props she meant. "Make, restore, modify. I just try ta avoid sunk costs and, mostly, succeed." Circe brags though she does speed up the word mostly. "There was a car. Supposed ta have fake armor, Mad Max kinda commercials or pilot series, I don't know. Buuut it was scrap metal added, so legal issues," she is being honest and lying. It WAS used in those media but also had been used for, well, international purposes. "Legal scrapping issues too. Had ta run a derby figuring out how ta get rid of it. Total demolition of that race, oh ho ho ho!" After a second she sips her tequila and then adds, "Didn't win though. Engine failure."

"Oh ho ho! Yes they do, and annoy people too, but very much distract." Circe agrees with Sofia. "Or the whole, open Hawaiian shirt and bikini top underneath thing did it. Hmmm?" She tilts her head in faux innocence, "Which could it have been?"

"Oh," she pops the oh as Mason explains the grave etiquette of funerals. "Well," and then Sofia asks about the tombstone craft, "Fair question. I ask them same Mason."

"They often say nothing ventured, nothing gained," she muses before looking to Sofia. She raises her glass, "Guessing ya knew ta half enough startup capital. Cheers to your foresight."

Capital. She could guess how Sofia had the money to start a restaurant or two.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

The shake of the head simply dismissing his bad joke, moving past it. Okay I might have missed this one. 'Against the ropes IS a wrestling term right?' He'd heard it before and relied on context to comprehend the meaning, not following the sport closely himself.

He can't help but smile as Mary tells her story. Seems I'm not the only one who has a passion for their work. 'That is very impressive, large scale work takes some real skill, and sounds like you get to have a lot of fun with it.' Now that's a creative solution. 'And is a derby really determined by who crosses the line or who does the most damage?' Causing total demolition in a derby definitely sounds like the winner to me.

The Hawaiian shirt suggestion gets a hearty chuckle. 'As good as that would be.' Wiping an eye. 'Its a bad business model. People expect a certain level of ... gravitas and ... sobriety. They want you to take their loss seriously.' Understandable, if pointless, its not like the dead care much. And if they do, well that's where the real work begins. 'But I do agree what better dress code could there be, if your looking for a tropical punchline to end things on.' Hawaii, not so much, death however ... death I can do for days.

He shrugs. 'Sorry to disappoint but its usually the grave tender that gets the misconceptions. Once again I'm out of site, out of mind.' Which is the point. 'And this time gladly so; Graverobbing, necrophilia, body snatching, dark rituals. None of them are things you really want being hung on you.' And all it would take is one nut job on social media these days, we really haven't moved that far from medieval times in some respects. He stops to think for a moment. 'The worst I've been accused of is profiteering from grief.' With unfortunate frequency. 'But every headstone you see is hand made, the time, materials and effort all by a single person who has bills to pay.' Besides soon enough I hope, I shouldn't even need to see the bodies anymore to get their names.

Okay that would be rude to ask, so how about? 'And more rewarding to I hope. Is a restaurant something you've always wanted?' I'd imagine so if it was worth the effort to do.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow pops up, “Legal issues? With scrap metal? What kind of bullshit is that?” or she was completely missing the double talk. It was possible, it happened.

Chuckling, “That would certainly distract, and a good way to get all eyes on you.” Which she was not ok with. Attention wasn’t her thing, though her ink made it impossible sometimes to go unnoticed. And her Beast, but that wasn’t a concern here. “I’ll take the road of blending in.” let them not expect her.

“It was a couple years of saving and finding the right spot.” Not really. She had dragged her feet on it being lazy. The money was never an issue.

Shrugging, “I think it is.” She’d never really watched the sport, but she’d heard a few things about it.

A more understanding nod, “I get that, I get that a lot. While I tend to push back on it, it must be difficult for you. Like you said, the families want sobriety. Loss is difficult.” For some. “It always struck me as odd that in certain fields of work, people expect you to dress and act a certain way. How can someone be unprofessional and not capable of doing the work dressed in let’s say a Hawaiian shirt? In my opinion, as long as you get the job done, I don’t give a fuck.” Shrugging. Dressing up was ok for certain things.

There was a hint of a smirk as she wondered if having sex with Kindred was considered necrophilia. The thought just made her chuckle, more to herself then anything. “Not things I would want hung on me. Though opinions on dark rituals seems to be shifting lately, there doesn’t seem to be much stigma anymore.” Maybe the world was becoming more accepting? Probably not. “Wait, profiteering from grief?! Do people just not consider the time and effort you need to do to perform your work? It doesn’t strike me as something you can do in a couple hours. People’s time and talent cost money, that’s just life.” People always wanted something for free or wanted you to give them something. It was true with the cattle and it was true of Kindred.

“Actually, no.” if she was being honest. “My time is already getting spread thin, so taking on a restaurant wasn’t something I wanted to add. But, the right business opportunity presented itself.”

15. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

He wasn't referencing wrestling? Was it boxing then? Whatever, Circe would anwser, "Yes."

And down goes the tequila. Empty. Hand raised for a refill. She then turns to Sofia when she brings up the law, "Lo so, cazzo, vero."

"I like ta be versatile. Flexibility is popular ya know Mason," she winks at him. Summer yes, but also a Fairest. And wait? He didn't know about that American sport in the spirit of gladiatorial battle done with cars? "Depends. If the derby is the racing type or the gladiatorial kind. Couple grand in legal fees ta scrap it oooor a hundred bucks ta enter into a derby and loophole out. Hmmm," she rubs her chin, "Such a tough choice. It needed a committee."

The discussion of attire is interesting. "Right," she agrees on the attire doesn't matter. "Sometimes being a distraction lets ya blends in. If one thing is all somebody can remember about ya," which was not exactly innocent advice. But helpful. "IT guys get away with it because nobody sees them. If yer in the service industry though," she waves a hand to Mason. Oh, her refill arrives. "Working direct with public, ya hafta look good or they don't trust ya. Uniforms imply high stability and good organization." She recalls a investment commercial, "I remember some advertisement. DJ dressed up in a suit, give him a script, and people didn't know he was bullshit. So," she drinks a sip, "Going from sus ta super trust is all about," she waves her hands wide, "Presentation!"

Will Farrel said it better, but he had a rocking track to work with.

When necrophilia is said the Larcenist could only respond with, "Eww." And folks were still doing all that other stuff too? "I don't want that hat either," she agrees with them both. "I suppose that is change is summed up as kids these days." She also has some insight into the accusations and such. "Anger doesn't hafta be rational Sofia. Some are filled with Sorrow at a funeral, others Fear death, and some Rage at their loss instead. Lashing out at those who don't personally share their grief? Makes sense to them."

Circe was a Summer Queen. She knows rage. Suffering came with being a Changeling. Probably alcoholism too. Maybe insanity, but the blue Fairest would never claim to suffer from it.

"Calm and logical thinking are not something most folks can do when they're pissed. Or grieving, but the former are more likley ta lash out. We," her free hand points quickly between all three of them, "Get the economics of life are legit. That there is no reason Mason can't ply his skills to help and profit. Mourners don't. Anger takes away control. Such a fascinating emotional state. Thinking clearly through what most call a red haze is not a common skill."

The Summer felt pride in the fact that she is often angry and enraged, yet not berserk. Probably had to do with being able to count bullets in a fight.

17. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He nods in agreement with Sofia. ‘Indeed, I’m quite happy to meander around in the background for the most part. Getting on with what I want to get on with.’ That no one remembers the ones who made things wasn’t right, but it was very convenient when you had a need poking around other places.I’ll remain content if people remember my work rather than me.’ Funny hey, the names on the stones will likely out live the name of the maker. ‘But I guess all the sobriety must be why I drink socially as much as I do.’ A humorous glint in his eye. Certainty not just bad habits.

To be lacking in time and just fold running a business' into things, very impressive.Some patience and ability to save, seems to be an ever rarer skill these day, so very well done.Not that such things would solve all problems by any means but they never hurt.And when the right opportunity presents itself taking it can be difficult to do, it would seem you don’t let things hold you back.’ I got that feeling, the first time we met.

What he had thought of as a wrestling term, might not have been, no one seemed particularly committed to it, so he lets that drop.

The wink of course puts in mind of Mary’s flirting from the early part of the cruise, and now as then it brings a little color to his cheeks, if not much for the smaller act. ‘And I have no doubt the range of your skillfulness is far from known to me Mary.’ We have only met twice including tonight after all.But my respect for you grows by the discovery.’ True enough.

He looks interested by Mary’s story. ‘Was it a race or car combat, you participated in?’ If I wanted to just watch someone cross the line I’d go to a race not a derby. Mary’s what he trusts to be sarcasm gets a good chuckle. ‘I would be curious to know what else such a committee must be called upon for?’ Teasing her back, just a little.

Then listening as Mary expounds, the smile that plays across his face is not the one of mirth but one of appreciation. ‘Seems the topic makes a poet of more than just me. Very well said.’ That she understands such, I wonder whom she has known that passed? ‘It is nothing I hold against them, but nor do I let it move me.’ Callous, maybe. ‘When all is said and done my efforts do their bit to help. But as you say.’ A nod to Sofia 'Its not something I could do for nothing.' He sips down to the dregs of his pint. ‘But the work is faster than you might think Sofia, although I am known for working at both speed and proficiency, or so those who see me work say.’ Balancing the mundane and arcane often required getting things done fast, or in tandem.
    Health
    Mana

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread