(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A sip as eyes go from Mary to Mason, listening, finding spots where she could add something.

Superheros and supervillains? Nope, she had nothing to really offer. “Hmmm, I don’t really have any ideas to offer on that front. I haven’t seen too many of the superhero movies, so I wouldn’t know where to begin with names for villains. But maybe something foreign sounding? Or hard to pronounce? Hey, maybe a common name, wouldn’t it be harder to find a villain if they had a very common name?” she really had no idea.

Ok, she laughed, “Lumberjacks…singing…with chainsaws? Really?” that was a thing?

“I’ve found the worst to be corsets, I respect how good they can look, but count me out on wearing something that makes breathing near to impossible.” A shake of her head. “I think I could deal with the other ones.” Hell, she’d spent time at the Asylum before. The wink was returned, but Ale was more of mind to poke fun with it, “Maybe it depends on which ones, like double sided tape or do you mean g strings?” a glance to Mason, “Those are the absolute worst, I don’t recommend them.” She doesn’t recommend them, they are horrible. “Could talk about those ladies that choose not to even bother with them, the undergarments that is.” An innocent shrug.

“Even things written in stone can be ignored or erased. Best to just live your life in a way that makes you happy and satisfied, history will remember what it wants.” And it could be misremembered.

A slight bow of her head, “It’s what keeps me going.” And vitae, that keeps her going as well. “I may display it in my restaurant depending on what is designed.” She had a rotating exhibit of her art there already.

Another idea came to mind, “Or a disgruntled ghost, not happy with your work? Maybe a customer you burned in some way. Could add an interesting dynamic.” Or not, she didn’t know.

Chuckling, “I’m afraid it doesn’t happen. I haven’t played for an audience in quite a few years, so it’s just me and sometimes my assistant. Tuning can take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours, sometimes longer. Adjusting the strings, each of them, is a delicate process, not one to rush.” And had taken her years to learn to do.

If Mary quoted the bible, it went right over the Savages head. She’d never read the book a day in her life and unlife. “Ah, but it is. Whatever we do here with our time doesn’t follow us to whatever happens after death. It’s simply things to make us feel better, so I can see the comfort. But it’s an illusion in my opinion. I suppose I’ve just always been more accepting of it, knowing my day will come and nothing I do or say is going to change it. One thing though, I won’t fault others for trying to find something to being them peace of mind, whatever works I suppose.” Death was natural thing and she accepted it. Cheating it would not always be possible, her time, as a Kindred, would end someday. It sucked, but it was how it was.

“When I buy art, I buy it with the intention of sharing it with the world. I’m someone who enjoys art galleries with others, and hearing their take on various pieces. They make excellent conversations, very deep and meaningful.” Yeah, she could be deep and meaningful.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sofia was stumped too, but wait. Inspiration! "Wait, wait, wait!" She shakes her hands in the negative at Mason. Then looks to the waitress, "Not you, pour please and thanks," who does so as Circe turns back upon Mason. "The Crooning Corpse, who leads a horde of zombies for his theme song has to do with their jamboree," Circe proudly declares her own solution. "It was either that or the Vamp Vocalist, Yeti Yodeler, or Cadaverous Cantor. It is had to get alliterative with a theme song. Aaaand I don't know any yeti or vamp songs. I mean, Big Butt Betler would have a VERY obvious theme song."

She hung out with Seraphina, so Circe did know the ways to say siren or singer without saying it. She wouldn't use the more popular term of bard though. Too meme'd out already.

"Saw 'em in California," she laughs with Sofia, "Changed the, uh, notes performed by the saw using the wood of the stage, hilarious."

"Ah," she nods with Sofia, "The free and breezy crowd, right?" Well if Sofia was going to attack, she might as well too. Poor Mason. "Plant based adhesive works too, though some yer gonna mess up the outfit. Have to get wet" she chops her left hand to the right, to get off," and then it chops to the left. "And I don't like the dental floss much either. They go even smaller, down to C, not just G." With the outfits she had tried on, that was kind of necessary. Though Hedgespun let her cheat in other ways. "At that point, might as well go for stickers. Silly," she laughs, "Ya can just get the transparent bands, colorize the front and back instead."

Hesdgespun, cheating, so much easier.

When Mason decries ignorance is bliss, Circe scoffs as she takes a drink, "Well, yeah," nodding in agreement, "Easier ta fuck things up in yer favor if ya know where ta poke. Best is to appear ignorant whilst not being, because surprise."

The Bible? "Hmmm?" She puts down her drink, folding her arms to think. Nodding her head to a beat, forming a pattern. Then it shifts to another pattern. "I think I'm quoting multiple things. Stone or sand sounds like music for the beat, heavy metal of some kind, can't remember. Ha," she smirks, "Guess sand is the answer for the song. Other has a different beat." And Sofia is more philosophical about it. She takes a drink. "My mentality doesn't lend to this discussion I fear." She admits with a nod. "My answer to most of the big, deep questions is, uh, well, fottere essa." The elfin Fairest shrugs. "Fuck it. Even death. Plus, my soul would probably try to join the dead marines. Rallying at the gates of Hell to attack it."

"I've done restaurant displays," she nods at the little hint of what would be made. "Bought a storage container, had some veeeeery rusted remains of Tommy Guns. Take the intact bits, add some mock parts, and authentic asterik gangster guns for speak easies." Which was actually how it happened. She didn't get the Thompson parts through illegal means. They were too rusted scrap to be traded. Only Contracts let her get bits to salvage. "A barrel here, a panel there, and the owner gets to treat it like it really is a non-functional Tommy. Though it isn't."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

He drinks, holding it in his mouth to contemplate for a moment before swallowing. 'I think Gary the ghost with a grudge.' Combing both of Sofia's points. 'Has more the grim streets vignette we're looking for.' That and the dead do not sound good in chorus. The booze must be getting to him because for the briefest of moments he's tempted to just pull back the corner of reality and let his nimbus flare for all of a second, just a taste of what an undead verse really sounds like. But just as quickly masters that stupid idea. 'A musical number might detract from the gritty realism angle.'

And oh what a mis-calculation I have made here. How did this happen! As he gets it from both sides its easily the reddest he's been all night. And what's worse lacking any really skilful knowledge of ladies undergarments he can't bite back, so his best method of defensive is currently unavailable. 'We could just leave the strings to guitar talk?' Much more a plea then a rebuttal.

'I hadn't considered it might be on public display.' Need to be extra careful with that sympathy, can't just go handing it out now. 'No pressure then.' What artist wouldn't kill to be here now, a blank cheque before them and potential to have their work shown off. And yet it goes to me, who cares for neither.

He shrugs. 'Personally I like to think there's something after.' Stygia. 'So maybe those actions do matter, but then were getting into Pascal's wager.' An illusion, oh its so much worse. 'If the illusion motivates and inspires its hard to deny the power it possesses even if we can see past it ourselves.' Even just for a moment you helpless sleepers. 'But yes very wise of you not to fear death, doing so in nonsensical.' Even if Fuck it, is a little crude, the sentiment is good.

'Oh I've seen shows kind of like that buy the cargo container or storage box without seeing what's inside and get surprised.' I wouldn't mind having a go at that, really give fate the chance to take the reigns. 'When you say it isn't a non-functioning tommie, that is to say its a prop right?' Just to be sure on this.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A look to Mary in confusion, “So the villain needs music?” she was soo out of touch with the whole villain and superhero thing.

Sighing, “I’ll probably regret this, but I’m going to have to look them up later.” Didn’t sound like it would be her thing, but hell, why not.

“There are some outfits that make it near to impossible to avoid the lines of bras and underwear.” A shrug, it didn’t bother her, she’d done it before. “Plant based?” shaking her head, “No thanks, I’ll stick with the stuff that has proven reliable time and time again.” Not that she wears much that needs it these days, but, sometimes she does. “I’d go for stickers over g strings any night of the week. Or just nothing at all and skip the whole headache.” she wasn't bashful.

“I see these types of discussions as being minefields in the wrong company. I’ve come across that people who love to argue just to argue and those who will think their way of thinking is the only correct one. So, I tend to avoid them unless the ones I’m with have proven intelligent and capable of forming coherent thoughts.” She was capable of complimenting cattle.

“Sounds like it was nice. But what is it with people and the obsession of gangsters and speak easy’s? Never got it.”
    Mary would know she was just making conversation, after all, Ale ran the mafia of Sacramento and was branching out.

A laugh as she takes a drink, “So Three G for short?” didn’t sound too scary though. But maybe that was the appeal.

Dark eyes catch the color of poor Mason and she just chuckles, “We could, but where is the fun in that?” which was completely honest, she was actually having fun.

There was a touch of a smirk, “No pressure at all.” Maybe a good thing he doesn’t know who she really is. “I mean, I could keep my art collection private, but then it takes away showing it off and having engaging conversations.” Plus she was proud of her art collection.

“Wise? Maybe. But I don’t see the point in fearing something I can’t defeat; I’d rather focus on the battles I can win and move on.” Plain and simple.

7. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I don't know," she shrugs at the question of musical villains, "Fun time hypothetical for me, not serious, so bad logic abounds for me. I can keep going with it," she smirks at Mason. "Realism? I prefer the superheroics with the purple monkeys on the moon trying to steal the world's broccoli," is Circe's argument for musical villainy. She got enough gritty realism from her job, let alone the Lost nature. She got enough true grit and realistic lawlessness on both her jobs, thanks. "Ooooh. 3G is good though Sofia. When his foe can get a power up to go 4 and then 5G. Some type of eye power maybe." She wasn't sure if they'd get the smart phone joke. She takes a sip. Smiles and gives a thumbs up, "Also, more bad logic. Musicals will compare the Memorial Mason to the 60s Batman. Grit and reality compares him to the other Batmen." She puts down the drink to then raise and lower both hands with palms flat and down. One is higher than the other, "60s is an easier bar to surpass than the Batmen. There is no waaaaay yourcan do better vigilante voice than Kevin Conroy."

Circe puts her hands back down after a moment. It was a no contest in her opinion. Might as well go for the lower bar.

Hedgespun came from the Hedge, so plant in the technical sense, and the weak ones just fell apart after a day or so. And it looks like Mason wasn't enjoying how they were lingering on lingerie. Ooooh, she'd try to use that. "Hmm, no need to lingerie on the issue if you just sneak past it like a commando," she smiles as she picks up with Sofia, "I like that solution. And not just because commando is a tactile removal of the issue."

"No fear while also no stupid. Don't shy away from death doesn't mean charge a tiger with a knife for the giggles," she decides to correct Mason. "THAT activity is for Darwin winners. No thanks, rather saddle the tiger and win."

Circe smirks as the gangster queen complains about the love of old time gangsters. Okay, Circe ever got a functional tommy gun, she was gifting it to Sofia. "Nostalgia goggles for the 1920s. Jazz, cartoons, parties, riches, and defiance of the government with dapper outfits," is her guess for why speak easy's are popular. Though from her own investigation into hidden door systems, she knew another reason that could work. "Economics too. Big old secret door is a good gimick to attract people to a restaurant. Probably cheaper than sealing it up to code."

"It is kinda like gambling," she assures him about the storage auctions. "Sometimes ya find stuff ya can pawn. Other times ya want to have something to cover your nose," she smiles evilly at Mason. "When ya find a cooler full of water and rotted fish," she sticks out her tongue in disgust. "Don't feel bad for that asshole, totally a jerk. Or ya get things that evolved into rusty spikes. Free tetanus," she waves her hands in faux cheer. As for non-functional, well that she clears up, "I mean it is an intact piece of a Tommy Gun that had a prop built onto it. Well, pieces, tried to get like 20% originals when I could, but hard with mostly rust being the material to use. So props, yes, that'd be accurate."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

He shakes his head. 'No I don't think so Sophia.' Real villains sure didn't have theme songs anyway. 'Sorry Mary you got me there, which villain did that?' Knowledge gleaned from enforced exposure to pop culture failing him now things were getting very specific. 'Hm, I was imagining this ghost as a local area networker myself.' Smirking back to Mary. He'd lived through that technological development. Wouldn't be able to move far from its anchor anyhow. 'Besides' Nose goes up as if hes about to make some grand winning statement. 'The memorial mason can lose to which batman he so chooses.' Because that's a level of infamy best avoided.

Oh for Pete's sake. It isn't getting any better, the reddening. Drink, look around the room. Just let them have it. If you manage to not react they will probabaly move on.

Tuning back in when he hopes its safer. Chambers nods actually conceding a point on the subject.' Yes good addition Mary. Not actively seeking death does not mean you fear it.' Ah there's that sleeper Mentality. He wants so badly to correct Sophia. But doesn't. 'Focusing on what to do while you alive. Definitely a worthwhile use of your time.' He nods sagely.

That puts a slight chink in my idea. 'Final point of clarity, will space be an issue then?' Because from what I recall they are decently sized things.

'Oh I'd definitely prefer to walk in some secret door then eat at a chain restaurant. Who knows what you might find inside.' I might not be built for intense field work but I can still enjoy poking around. 'It does have a certain allure to it. The mystery and all.' The secrets even the small ones, and out of sight who knows.

'I can see that. But that's the kind of Gamble I prefer to say, slots or poker.' At least it could be something interesting. 'Oh and FREE tetanus why haven't I be doing this already.' Now you see this is the kind of joke I can play along with. Faking exasperation.

He gives Mary a half smile. 'Ah I see, not secretly caching weapons all around the city then.' Not sure if to laugh or be moderately relieved.
    Health
    Mana

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I’m just going to admit, I know nothing about the whole superhero and villain genre. And musicals?” a shake of her head, “Nope. So I’m just tossing out whatever comes to mind.” Maybe she should watch a few?

The Savage had to laugh at the puns, “Those are pretty damn good.” Credit where it was due. “Especially in the summer when the nights are way too warm.” making the poor man flustered was actually fun.

Shrugging, “Eh, I still don’t understand it. But maybe I’m just not a nostalgic kind of girl.” Or because she lived through those times and they were not all that glamorous or exciting at the time.

To Mason, “It’s more not fearing something that is inevitable. At the end of the day, it comes for us all, and I’ll welcome it when that time comes.” But it won’t be for a while.

“Space?” a shake of her head, “No, space isn’t an issue, but I would prefer to not have to remove doors to move and place it if possible. It’s easy enough to do of course, just not ideal.” Weight was also not an issue; she could lift anything.

“Huh.” Wondering if his view would change depending on the meal being offered.

Laughing as well, “I would hope she wasn’t doing that.” But Mary and her both knew why she shouldn’t be doing that.

The Savage had been an apex predator long enough to have a sense when it was getting late. Maybe it was something like when cattle feel tired and know it’s time for sleep. Maybe, it had been too long since she had felt what cattle feel.

“As much as I’m enjoying this conversation, the night is getting late and I still have appointments to make.”

[vtr]30 day mark! If you guys want to get one more post in, I'll close it after [/ctl]

12. Likes liked this post
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread