Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
Breaking News

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Vince stands as Stan approaches, holding the manilla folder. "Murder ring here in town, two cops involved. The Station wants nothing to do with it. In here is a USB and a CD disk with more proof then you'll want to see." Vince studies Stan for a second before adding "This will make international headlines Sir. And I'll pay you just to look at it and to NOT mention me ever again." Vince fishes in his pocket for more twenties.

"Woah, woah, kid. Hold on to your cash for now. Follow me to my office."

Stan leads Vince deeper into the building to a small office. Inside is a cluttered desk, a few chairs, and an old CRT TV.

He gestures to the desk and the computer "Why don't you pull up those files and show me what we're looking at here?"

Vince does as asked, eager to show his evidence and then be gone. He loads the usb and the cd Ciphor program through wich the files are unlocked. "These are camra footage taken as promotional for the ring" Vince clarifies/warns before opening a video file.

Stan sits back to watch the video. As it goes on, however, he begins to sit forward - staring at the screen with intent. When the video ends he uses the mouse to select another one and watches it, too.

It is a long time before he looks up at Vince and lets out a long, low whistle "This is some crazy fuckin shit, kid. How did you get this?"

"A man handed the USB to me before he blew his brains out." Vince says, shocked he admitted it out loud. "He was being chased by the police and when hit my car." But admitting was was beginning to feel good. Like weight pulled off his shoulders.

"I took it to the police, but got a call from a stranger who warned me the Detective I was with. Campbell. Detective Campbell was in on the ring. I ran. and followed the stranger, I was told to pickup that CD there from another contact."

Vince slowly looks round the office it was all so surreal. like someone else's life.

"I found the contact dead, his house trashed, and the CD. I found where he hide it. Together they should be enough. They can't find me. They don't know where I am, they don't know where I'm going. Just stop this thing. Please." Vince locks his eyes on Stan. searching the reporter's face for some promise, for any hope that things would stop getting worse.

Stan doesn't look to convinced about Vince's wild story, but he doesn't hesitate to say "Yeah, I'll take this stuff off your hands for ya."

Vince sighs inwardly. He hardly believed his story himself.

Getting up from where he sat he offers a hand to Stan the reporter.
    "Just, watch your back okay? This stuff is serious. They guys are out there looking for this." And Vince turns to leave. his thoughts turning to what he would do now. He was free. He had done the right thing and was free.

It was over.

Vince leaves the News Station

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2