Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 49
DISPLAYED
Lunch Date

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

"Old folk tend to migrate toward places with the most people who will piss them off." By the tone of his voice it seemed as if Tom was speaking from experience.

He couldn't help but think of his apartment throughout law school, back in Nashville. The old man below him was always bitching about something or other. One time the bag of bones called the landlord on him because his printer was being too loud. Tom rolled his eyes.

Hailey's giggling gets her a little choked up and she clears her throat with a sip of her drink. "Oh, my gods, that's too true."

When she's all calmed down she explains. "Well, I'll give her a tiny break because if my grandmother saw what I wear to work she would have disowned me."

Thankfully it wasn't so with her mother. Hailey believed there was something in the pudgy older woman that missed having the body to wear the stuff she saw her daughter wearing and thus she allowed it in a sense.

"Well, that's awfully nice of you." Tom replied shortly, turning his attention to the steak in front of him.

He was hungry, and now it was time to eat.

Hailey distracts herself with her food as well. Glancing out the window between bites, she starts idly daydreaming about the stuff she had back at the apartment and wondering if she needed to tidy up much.

Meanwhile the waitress comes by and drops off the bill. "There's no hurry on that, take your time, guys," she tells them then turns to the table nearby for their order.

Tom continues right on eating, and by the look of it the poor attorney most likely did not have breakfast. Every few bites he stops to make general conversation. He was having a great time, and his tone/demeanor conveyed that much.

He nods to the waitress as she comes to drop off the bill. The woman did an excellent job; the people at the firm were right about this place's excellent service. There would be an excellent tip waiting for her.

It's going to be a good night...

Hailey finishes up what she wants of her salad then looks to Tom, "I'd hate to hold you up from work, want me to take care of the bill so you can go?" She snatches up the little credit card clipboard the waitress brought over and peeks at the bill.

hmm..should have given him more for the tip...

Tom's face and voice went stern for the first time in the evening. "I will handle the check." It was clear by his voice that he did not want to put this matter up to discussion.

Hailey smiles at him and stands, handing the bill back to him. "Well, I guess I'll see you later then? Just call when your downstairs or I won't open the door for you, and thanks for suggesting this place. It was really good."

Hailey and Tom say their goodbyes, agreeing to meet up later, and then leave the restaurant

End Scene

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5