Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Lunch Date

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Tom Steele found himself sitting at a tiny table in a ritzy restaurant; he glanced downward at the laminated lunch menu and read the name: The Golden Crane. Being new in town the young attorney was not sure where to go to impress a young lady. Everyone at the firm had suggested this place to him and assured him that it would impress anyone who was lucky enough to try their steak or lobster.

He had arrived early to scope out the place and examine the menu. None of the entree prices dipped below the $20 mark -- not the most expensive place he had dined by any means, but still high class enough to be impressive.

On the way to the restaurant he had been thinking of the worrisome chance that this girl could be nothing more than a golddigger wanting to sink her teeth into a young wealthy attorney. The song that came on the radio on the way there did not help alleviate that train of thought.

While Tom waited for Hailey to arrive that same song was stuck in his head and he tapped his fork against the table to the beat.

Now I ain't saying she a gold digger (When I'm Need!)...

Hailey showed up with about one minute to spare. She had spent about a half an hour alone wrestling the contacts into her eyes. She hated wearing them but sometimes just couldn't stand her outfit while her glasses her on her face. Her hair was down and she made it curl at her shoulders and her makeup was more conservative than the bright red lipstick and black mascara she wore to the library.

Hailey's look

When she arrived she went up to the hostess stand and patiently tried describing who she was looking for then got pointed over in Thomas' direction.

"Tom? Hi, its Hailey," she says when she reaches his table.

((OOC: Sorry for not noting Tom's apparel earlier. I was too caught up in making the Gold Digger joke to even remember to do it. I'll give the description of it in this post.))

Tom saw Hailey enter the establishment and he gave her a slight wave and nod to indicate his location among the other patrons. As she approached he had to resist letting his jaw drop at the stunning blue dress she wore; it was just short enough to let him know he could have its contents but just long enough that he knew he'd have to work for it. And those black leggings hugging those legs...

Damn she's fine.

As Hailey approached she'd come to notice she was not the only one in this date who decided to dress up a bit. Tom decided to break out a new casual blazer from the Men's Warehouse and even buy a new pinstripe collared shirt to go with a pair of jeans he wore for casual Friday at the firm. Not too shabby if he said so himself.

Tom's Apparel

"Well, aren't you just looking absolutely beautiful this evening?" Tom said, verbally acknowledging her presence once she was close enough. It was a retohorical question, and he was sure she'd find it flattering. "Sit down and let's get some grub."

"You look very handsome yourself," Hailey said as she pulled out a chair and sat down. "I've only been in town for half a fall semester, the college offers a couple accelerated courses, so I haven't had much of a chance to explore the city. This is place is very nice," she said as she looked around at the fancy, modern, decor. "I bet you invite all your girlfriends here," she said offhandedly as she picked up the drink menu and scanned the over-priced, fruity, mixed drinks they offered.

All my girlfriends? Ha, she gives me more credit than I'm worth.

Tom chuckles at Hailey's comment; she had a good sense of humor and so did he. "Just the pretty ones."

He followed up the statement with a wink.

Hailey breaks into a embarrassed giggle, she covers her face with her hand as she does but Tom can tell she's not bushing. She knew he was just buttering her up but it still was so satisfying to hear.

She motions a waitress over and after hearing her restaurant banter Hailey speaks up immediately. "Could we have two Tom Collins? They're,uh.."

"Gin, right got it, I'll have them in just a moment," the waitress breaks in with a rehearsed and hurried manner before disappearing toward the waitress station.

"You're last name isn't Collins is it?" Hailey asks then laughs a bit more. "Just kidding. Mine's Morton, I'm Hailey Morton. Did you read any of that book I gave you in the library? Be honest, I know magic so I'll be able to tell you're lying," she said semi sarcastically. There was a part of her that was a little embarrassed that the lawyer had caught her dabbling in the occult. The usual guys from college thought that shit was strange so she usually left it out of conversation with males in general.

A lady that orders the drinks? Fiesty.

She had a cute giggle and Tom noticed that much. But he had never heard of a Tom Collins before and that much said this girl knew her drinks -- and that meant it was more likely she knew how to party. Tom was never one to hide ignorance though; it was nothing to hide, admitting it only meant an opportunity to learn. He made a mental note to ask about it soon.

"No, I'm afraid not." He replied with his own laugh and smile. "I did check it out though."

Tom reaches down into his carrying bag leaning against the side of his chair and pulls out the blue book. He sets it on the table, and reads the cover out loud. "So tell me about magic then."

"Well," Hailey says reaching in her purse as she speaks. "I make my own candles. Candles are very important for spells." She produces a small pink candle from her purse,"I actually brought one for you. Its suppose to be scented like rose but this batch came out a little weak." Taking her butter knife off the table she carves a little rune on the side of the candle then sets it on the table in front of Tom. "Pink is a color of femininity, honor, and service. It brings friendly, lively conversation to the dinner table and promotes romance, or friendship. Pink candles are used in rituals to draw affections."

The waitress comes by with the drinks as Hailey finishes explaining the candle. Hailey thanks her before she dashes off again.

Picking up the glass she offers it toward him for a toast. "A Tom for my new friend Tom," she says with another sweet giggle.

Tom picks up his glass and returns the toast. "I'll drink to that."

Taking a sip then sitting the glass back down on the table, Tom replaces the drink with the gift candle in his hand. The rune carved into it was something he didn't recognize at all -- but magic was never his forte anyway. His whole life had been spent in logical legal reference books and political science textbooks; the occult was about the last thing he believed in.

Never hurts to learn though.

"That's interesting about the candles." Tom said as he looked carefully at it, appreciating the obvious amount of handiwork that went into crafting it. "So what got you into this subject?"

Hailey shrugs, "a boring life in Washington? I guess, as a kid, I just wanted to be something more than I was and I'm still trying to find that, you know?"

Her embarrassment about the subject starts to show on her blushing face and she meagerly tries to change the subject, "what about you? What got you into law?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last