Watch

Ring, Ring !

THREADID
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

Helen is still annoyed, even if it's been a while since Becky has left her office. One of these days, she'll try to fit that bitch into a dumpster without opening the lid beforehand... Still, first things first !Putting the card she got from the meeting out on the desk, she grabs the telephone and calls the number she's been given for Reeve Slade.

Lets see if something comes from it or if this'll be strike #2...

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jennifer Hazelton

The phone is answered promptly. A woman's voice speaks: "
    You have reached Reeve Slade. This is his assistant, Amy, speaking. May I ask who's calling and the reason for your call?"

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Wow, these guys use their house negroes for everything, as it looks... Well, what did she expect ?

"This is Reeve Kingsley of Sacramento. I've got some people from your place in town and one of those told me that Reeve Slade has information I need for an ongoing investigation. Wouldn't happen to be available ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Yes, he would like to talk to you. One of his prospective deputies was sent down with Reeve Slade's approval - a Madame Rebecca McIntyre. She has appraised us by letter three days ago. One moment."

The call had a sound of a phone line connecting. After a few moments, the call picked up.
    "This is Slade." The voice was American with no strong accent, a low voice belonging to a male. "Due to the chance of a mistake over this sort of communication, would you mind if we dispense with formalities?"

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Not at all." Why take more risk than they have already ? "I hope Becky had only good things to say on our hospitality so far. Seems a bit judge-y at times. Anyway, your prospective assistant has led me to believe you can maybe help me find someone, who went to ground some time earlier after getting mangled, called Camp."

Jennifer Hazelton

"She is a member of our social club. Certain niceties are expected to be observed. I know that she has expressed frustration that this is taking awhile to solve. Yes, my Deputy went to a town where Camp was in physical therapy. I authorized the Deputy to bring them back to our Domain and they is being treated by someone the CEO trusts. I can send you a transcript of what Camp has told me if you give me your address."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Certain niceties are not a one-way street, club or not." She thinks about what she's just heard, even if it mostly makes her wonder... "I got a postbox at [address]. So you know where Camp is, them's in a place of yours being treated and you got some statement as well." Which kinda makes her wonder again, about why the fuck McIntyre is still in town and this whole thing is even still a thing, but then, she has a few ideas about that. "How many people know where Camp is ? Any news from the sides of Tressilian or Healey ?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"She has been most couteous in my experience, Reeve. We moved Camp two nights ago. No one knows except for myself, my Deputy, the CEO and now you. I do not need anyone trying to finish what they started.
    I must say, I am surprised that Rowland has not been interviewed yet. This has been going on-"
    a rustle of fabric, as though something was consulted. '- for some time now. I believe that those folks are still around. They have not come to speak to me.

I suppose someone must be hiding Rowland. I do hope you are able to find her. An associate will be arriving with the transcript two nights from now."

Comms threads are supposed to be short. One more post and please close the thread

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Hrm." Helen does not like what she hears, but with things as they are, there's not too much that can be done about it. Same, way too unfortunately, about the fact that someone was indeed hiding Rowland. Not that she'll tell Slade who that little someone is. "Fair enough. Two more things. One, I would like to speak with Camp at some point. Two, it'd be great if you could see if you can get me some way of one of your locals. William Healey. He might have some information that supports or voids some of the things I have been told. Add those two to the transcript, tack on your püostal address and let's say I owe you a favour. Looking forward to the package. I'll be in touch ifg anything new comes up with Rowland. Have a nice evening."

Closed Thread