Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Helen's Request is fulfilled

THREADID

Jennifer Hazelton

Early in the evening a young man with a healthy, rosy cheeked glow arrives at the Reeve's office carrying a professional briefcase. He would politely inquire if she was Reeve Kingsley and request that he sign a delivery form that was kept in a folder.
    "I apologize for the inconvenience of the signature, my boss does like to verify my work. I wish you a pleasant evening."
    The sealed manila folder was brought out of the briefcase and given to Helen.

The folder contained a one page transcript, a candid photo of a gender fluid individual sitting in a bed. There were visible support devices such as a right leg in a Cam walker and an arm in a cast.

The Transcript
    I am Reeve Slade interviewing the individual known as Camp. This individual has been beaten, hospitalized and is now residing in a live - in physical therapy facility. Due to the breach potential, Camp has been blood bound to myself. I intend to contact the prospective Sire once the His Grace, the Prince, approves. I have appointed a Deputy to limit access to the indivual due to the attack on them. I note that this prospective Childe goes by they / them pronouns which will be used throughout.
    R: Good evening, I am the investigator in charge of your attack. You remember me from before? I am looking into who attacked you. Can you describe what happened?
    C Yes, I was walking to catch an Uber. Someone pushed me into the street. When I turned, I saw a sharp faced brunnette woman. I was shoved to the ground by a smiliar looking woman. Then it all became a dizzying and fast assault. I was kicked, stomped and punched. When I managed to crawl away for a second, I saw that there was a third woman on the phone with someone. She looks very similar to the first woman who attacked me. A severe looking face. I was caught and hit again. I heard shouting. I looked over and saw a dark haired woman and a man running towards me. They were shouting at the three women. When I could open my eyes, I saw a woman leaning over me. She was dark haired and very beautiful. I heard someone saying to call the ambulance. I am told that I passed out at this point.
    R That sounds very distressing for you. Have you ever seen these women before?
    C Ah the first woman. I meet my good friend at a elite club. I saw her leaving there last week. I believe she is part of the same club as my friend.
    R Have you seen your good friend since the attack?
    C No, although I know that he must be worried about me. I can't find my phone. Could you contact him for me?
    R I will let him know that you are recovering here. These women, could you describe them in any more detail?
    C The crazy attackers? Severe faces, like hatchet faces. They resemble one another. They were dressed up, like they were going to the elite club that I mentioned. They did not talk to me. Yet I heard one call the other 'sister'.
    R That is very helpful, thank you. Now, I have five pictures here. Can you look at these pictures and tell me if you recognize anyone?
    C Oh, these are like police sketches. Very nice. Okay... no, she didn't hit me. But... (I note that they are looking at a picture of Ruby Rowland)
    I think she was there. I think she was with the man that ran towards me.
    R Very good. Do you recognize anyone else?
    C Ah... No. Not her. (discards a photo of the Crone Hierophant). Oh! This one was there. She was the one who kept kicking me. Ah... And this one. (There is a pause as he looks at the other photos and sets them aside) Yeah, these two are the bitches that attacked me.
    R Very good. I am going to go make a call about your friend. I have heard that you will remain here for the week. I expect that you will be able to go home soon.

There is a handwritten note on the bottom
    Reeve Kingsley,
    The ghoul has clearly identified Brangaine and Dindrane Hamleigh as their attackers. The woman they believes was a witness was Ruby Rowland. I include the three hand drawn sketches to help you identify the women if need be.
    I have sent someone to appraise Madame McIntyre who shall arrive tomorrow. They shall remain at the Kimpton Sawyer hotel at room 28 if you require any assistance. If you do apprehend the sisters, and you do not wish to prosecute them in your Domain, do turn them over to Madame McIntyre who shall return them to Florida.
    I was unsure what some way with Mr. Healy meant. I have included his phone number (---) and told him to make himself available to you. I have given Camp a phone number that you can reach them on. Here is their number (--)
    I do thank you for your investigative work in this matter. If you have any questions, or if I could be of assistance to you in the future, do give me a call
    Reeve Slade

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Happens, here you go, have a fun trip."

Helen signs and sends the courier back on his merry way. Or not so merry. She skims the content of the report. Of course they had to blood-bond Camp, those sons of bitches always find a reason, don't they ?
    Ah, well, there#s several things to follow this up on, some more fun than others, but at least things'll go forward now.

She puts everything back into the envelope and disappears in her office.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

+ Reply to Thread