Presence
    (Playful)
    Striking Looks
    (Beautiful)
    Adeline Martin

+2
    SL
    PRE

Mary joining the group, made one thing prevalent in the Lord’s mind: What the fuck was Dakka? Normally she would have googled this term, but it would be rude to pull her phone out right now. So she just smiled and nodded. One thing she was thankful for, she now knew what the hell to call Alessandra while out. Sofia De Luca. Handy that.

“Welcome Mary! I am Adeline.” She introduced herself.

She grinned at Alessandra. “Touche,” she was now wondering if they had any water parks around here. Not that she had any intention of going to them, but swimming spots at night were nice. Less kine around to make it uncomfortable for everyone.

She nodded sympathetically. Hell she was one of those people for the longest. Absolutely refused to get into Opera. Then a client strong-armed her into it. The rest was history.

“Have you ever heard of Rock Opera’s?” She asked Alessandra then. “It’s more musical than acting, especially the one I am specifically thinking of. ‘Trans-Siberian Orchestra: Beethoven’s Last Night.’ You can get it on C.D. All the great music, without the acting and typical aria’s.”

She grinned at Priscus Baker and nodded. “I would love to get together and go over some tunes with you Dr. Baker!” How fun would that be! Besides she had wanted to ask him about the Circle anyway, so two birds, one outing? Sounded great to her!

2. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe shrugs, her less elegant Italian accent voice perks up, "Well, always good ta be respectable in some circumstances," as she pulls out a chair for herself. "Thank you for letting me join," she nods in thanks. She'd heard talk of opera. Circe's recollections of opera were no more in favor of it than was Sofia's own opinion. And now with her new ears? Yeah, no. Those visits had hurt her ears after a while. Also, boredom.

"What's up doc?" Of course she'd greet him like that, "I'm Mary, and not just due to the smiles," she smiles widely as she says this. Turning to the last mortal at the table with that smile: "Thanks Adeline. Or do ya allow it ta get cut down ta Addy?" Because it was easier to say if for no other reason. Circe has met a Lost that insisted her full 9 syllable name be used when speaking to her for any reason. Took a fatally long time to warn of danger in the Hedge with that rule.

At the mention of Trans-Siberian she chimes in, "You often hear it on the radio around Christmas. Like a lot." As for musical tasts to be discussed? "Couldn't get into Opera myself. In any language, the vibes just don't reach me. Not my taste. Prefer something more, hmmm," how to unite a few genres she listened to as one, oh! That was the word for it. "Energizing. Some stuff I like will get the adrenaline flowing, some the endorphines. Depends if I want ta laugh, be active, pound, or umm," Circe's face scrunches up. What was a way to convey I wanted good fight music that doubled as building music? "Focus I guess. Not sure why by I can listen ta Glory Hammer when drafting designs with it being helpful." Circe shrugs as she drinks her coffee. "Some are even minimally educational, oh ho ho ho."

"Translations don't always work. Like puns," Circe laughs, "Oh ho ho ho! Which often don't work in the native language. But the word play is lost when ya change languages. Like a vet telling a owner their healthy cat is feline fine doesn't work so good in Italian. Il tuo gatto se felino va bene." She pauses to sip her coffee, "Felino sounds naught like senti."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

To the Shadow, “While some words can be translated between languages, not all can be. Singular words in each language can mean different things, hence the difficulty in translation, and losing something in it. Hell, some words in a foreign language can have varying meanings, and if you don’t know which word you are translating, the whole thing is lost.” A chuckle. “But yes, there is a difference between speaking the language and just translating it word for word, so it actually would help.” You could look up a translation online, sure, but it wasn’t always correct. “Though there are benefits to be fluent in multiple languages.” And as Kindred, they had the time to learn as many as they wanted.

Dark eyes then turn to the Lord, an eyebrow quirked, “Rock Operas?” a pause, mind thinking over the term and trying to match it, “Ah, yes, I believe I’ve seen one, though the name escapes me. A client had tickets and was trying to get on my good side.” A shrug, “Was an interesting evening.” He didn’t get on her good side, was only trying to buy time for what was inevitable, his death. Useless cattle.

Mary was…an interesting character, and the Savage was curious how the other two Kindred would react to her.

A chuckle, “Think I’ve had enough adrenaline filled nights in my time. I find myself with mostly classical music.” Maybe it was time to tune the piano again? All the music talk triggering the thought.

Laughing, “But sometimes when things are lost in translation it can be fun. I’ve found myself on more than one occasion having a bit of fun with some poor stranger.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

6. Likes , liked this post
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded to Her Grace's words. Then he had an idea to further illustrate the point.

"And then there are languages which are vastly different to English and don't translate well. I'll give you an example by a master of his language."

He took a moment to recall the words he wanted to recite and remembered the words of the great al-Ma'adi.

(Arabic)"For all my learning 's but a veil I guess, veiling the phantom of my nothingness; Howbeit, there are those, who think me wise, and those who think me - even these I bless."

Then he answered the question posed, which he faintly remembered being a catch-phrase of some drawn animal on TV quite some time ago.

"Not much. I interact with people too seldomly and spend too much time with books, records and metaphorical ghosts.How are you doing ?"

Taking a small silver case out of his pocket he worte a telephone number on a business card and handed it to Adeline.

"I'd appreciate that. I'd have to mention though that I have gotten rather used to people calling me beforehand, as I'm not very spontaneous."

Leaning back he filled his cup and took a sip of the tea.

8. Likes , liked this post

Alt Identity
    (Adeline Martin)
    Presence
    (Playful)
    Striking Looks
    (Beautiful)
    Adeline Martin

+2
    SL
    PRE

Adeline grinned and shrugged. "For you Mary?! Why not? You can call me Addy since you asked so nicely." She said with a nod. See now she had real fashion sense. Adeline would never have thought to put that ensemble together. Speaking about Trans-Siberian Orchestra.. "They do more than Christmas tunes, but honestly that is really good too. Just an awesome Orchestra all around! Their shows are almost always booked out." She was a real character, she mused to herself watching the woman.

"Niice!" She said with a laugh to Alessandra. "I usually end up getting dragged along with clients when they can't find anyone else to torture..." She said with a grimace. "Though I play along, and sometimes I do manage to have a good time." Despite herself.

Adeline took the offered card from Dr. Baker with a welcoming smile. "I can respect that Dr. Baker. I shall ring you with ample time for arrangement." She nodded to him. She had a pretty good idea of where to meet.

Sorry for the delay folks!

10. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"So like Gwar, that speaks ta there quality Addy," Circe chirply adds. Then gets a thoughtful expression on her face, "Though ya don't get arrested fer going ta TranSiberian in the South, so that's a plus in their favor."

Circe laughs at the idea of messing with people using another language, "That Sofia is a fun benefit of being multi-lingual and working in customer service." Nothing like swearing like a sailor with a smile whilst telling somebody you don't know the proper adjectives in English. "I believe the phrase fer it is, trollol, oh ho ho. Not that I don't do it in English too."

As for the doctors answer to her question, "Sometimes that's better than people," she sips her coffee and sighs with a shake of her head. "I prefer working I.T. than dealing with screaming, ahem," she puts down the coffee mug to free up her hands. So she can make air quotes, "Adults. That I legally can't just punch out." If her fae ears had been visible right now, they'd have been almost 90 degrees down in sadness at that fact. "So, Doc Baker, what kinda doctor are ya?"

That'd open the question of what Mary did, but it was mostly software commissions and white hat work on paper.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

12. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The language wasn’t one she was familiar with, so she didn’t comment on it. “Some of the biggest differences come from languages that have masculine and feminine words, then add formal and informal words, and it’s easy to get things lost in translation.”

“Then your clients get it far easier with you.” A slight smirk, “I don’t play along when I’m not having a good time, preferring to be upfront with those trying to impress me and earn my favor.” And there were many, both Kindred and cattle. The joys of running the top crime family and Domain. Which come to think of it, only Mary knew of her criminal empire, and that amused her to no end. Each standing here knew her for a different thing. Fun.

Back to Mary, “I sometimes believe my,” pausing, “associates and those looking to become associates are picking up the language.” Pausing yet again, looking thoughtful, “Though if they have, none of spoke of it.” Probably fear, and she didn’t even care.

“So earlier, Adeline had posed an interesting and fun question Mary,” l
    ooking to her fellow criminal, “what is currently on your record player? Or cd player…or however you listen to music.” No judgement here, “Care to share?”

14. Likes , liked this post
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al listened to Mary's words and agreed with a nod, wistfully thinking of the times he had wished he was willing and capable of violence.

"Sometimes, yes, but I find talking to real people better for my sanity, even though it is harder."

He took another sip before responding to the bit about adults being siffcult at times.

"Indeed that's why I took a position at the university once it was offered... It had the perk of no interaction with parents..."

With a small smile he answered Mary's question about the kind of doctor he was.

"French literature. I'm one of the boring ones, a teacher. What exactly do you do in IT? I've heard it has a plethora of possibilities."

After another sip of tea he nodded to Her Graces statement.

"Indeed. It also gets more complicated when the morals and mindsets differ. Take for example the translations of the Bible into Greek and Latin, not to mention the King James Version."

Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

The far too tall, stretched too thin frame of Jasper finds his way into the building. He stoops down slightly to get into the building before standing up to his full height. He makes a beeline towards the counter to order himself a coffee and a pressed sandwich. He has to count out a good bit of change to pay for it which gets a grumble from the guy behind him in line but the scruffy man doesn't seem to notice, or care. When the large cup of coffee comes, it looks almost normal sized in the man's almost comically large hands. He takes a sip and then winces before adding probably too much sugar and trying again. Mmmm... Better. Black as night and sweet as sin.

With libations acquired, he starts to look around the collection of vinyl, picking through the shelves and boxes with a curiosity. It doesn't take too long before his ears perk up at the sound of a familiar voice and he looks around until he spots Circe and a grin spreads on his features as he moves over towards her. He can't help but notice the others around her, especially the tattooed beauty of Alessandra, and his pace slows. He doesn't want to interrupt Circe if she wants privacy but he does give a wave of his hand before slipping it into his pants' pocket. The man is dressed in his usual attire: sturdy work boots that look to have some wear to them, jeans that are raveling in places, a dark green graphic t-shirt and his fur-lined leather coat. He's even completed the ensemble with the peeking head of a pocket puppy in one of the larger pockets of his coat.
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

In a way, she got what Albert was saying, and nods, “I get what you mean.” Being social was difficult for her, but it wasn’t always that way. Once, she had been very easy going, and enjoyed going out. Now? Well, being Price had changed her, made her more reserved and guarded. But with good reason.

While he sips his tea, she takes a swig of her beer, “A fine point Dr Baker. Though thankfully, if both parties are willing, it can make for some interesting and intelligent discussions.” But the nights were low on people like that. "Have you come across any such talks?" could he direct her to some? Maybe he had good conversation to offer.

It wasn’t his presence that caught the Savages dark eyes, but how ruggedly handsome he was. Oh, and the height, guy was fucking tall! The puppy was a nice touch, the Gangrel side of her wanting to connect with it. But she had Cain for that, he listened, well, kinda.

So she raises her beer to him, a silent invite to join the small circle they had going. Or not, ball was in his court.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread